• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New gen construction Explorer 2 from Sead

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
Got this in the mail today, and thought I'd post a couple of pictures next to my Noob with a gen dial. The Noob is the one with the gaping SEL fit. The Noob was the only one for a quite some time that could take a gen dial, but this one can as well according to Grifter who's fit one already. It has a TW style bracelet with the solid mid links, and a cleaner sharper stamped coronet on the clasp. This one is super lumed, and is almost as bright as the gen dial. The dial on this one is really close to the gen. This will be the new home for my gen dial very soon. Damn nice watch for the money, and Sead is a great guy to deal with. Big thumbs up on this bad boy!

Fine looking dial.

c6e4d81a-b35a-64e8.jpg

Rehaut lines up cleanly although it's not as heavily engraved as the Noob, that doesn't line up.

c6e4d81a-b385-93b2.jpg

Noob clasp is on the right.

c6e4d81a-b3d6-e356.jpg

Bright lume on par with gen.

c6e4d81a-b438-b26d.jpg

giobo

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/5/10
Pretty good!!
I would name it TW explorer 2 !!!

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Sweet, this should be waiting for me when I get home on friday :D Although I have a funny feeling the wife might take a shine to it.

DeeKa

Known Member
26/2/12
Sweet, this should be waiting for me when I get home on friday :D Although I have a funny feeling the wife might take a shine to it.

It won't be yours - it sure will belong to your demanding half :biglaugh:

Dee

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
If she likes it then it might become a birthday present. Would need to get a new strap though. She doesn't like bracelets. I guess I would replace it with the new 42mm Explorer II...

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
If she likes it then it might become a birthday present. Would need to get a new strap though. She doesn't like bracelets. I guess I would replace it with the new 42mm Explorer II...

Yeah, the new 42mm is damn nice too. I need another watch winder me thinks.....

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
Awesome "Rup". Congrats on it's arrival. It sure does look great. grifter has some pics of his as well (along with a gen 16550 case set....drool.) These look to be the best Exp.II's I've seen since the Noob. Was all set up with Sead to get one of these on the way and.....
well...it just didn't happen and that's my fault. :( He was ready to ship.

And congrats you too Brother Bonesey....if you're able to pry it from the grasp of the loving better half :)
Mine just doesn't share our enthusiasm and passion when it comes to timepieces.
But I'm working on her....and may be making progress..... but it's slow. :(
CONGRATS guys...these look AWESOME !!

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Oh mine doesn't generally care about shiny things either. But her last watch died (cheap quartz) and she needed watch for work. So i said she should look though my watchbox. That was 4-5 months ago and she's still got my Breitling Superocean II

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
Mine wants a gen over a rep. Unfortunately, I don't have a spare $13k lying around. Her gen a tag will have to do for now.

correctime

Banned
28/5/11
Mine wants a gen over a rep. Unfortunately, I don't have a spare $13k lying around. Her gen a tag will have to do for now.
Ironic you should mention that Rup. Mines loves the BA0550 Bracelet on mine so a Tag is what I had in mind for her to win her over to watches. Fortunately her lack of shared passion should prove to be much easier on my wallet.
But to distract her from my spending, that "ice-breaker" piece will have to be a gen.:wub:

dpark1234

Banned
29/9/11
Would anyone know what other gen parts this new case can fit, crystal, crown?

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
Dial, bezel, crystal, crown. Nothing but money stands in your way.

grifter

Known Member
28/6/10
Yup, crystal and bezel plug right in. Dial fits too. Crown requires tube change.

I would say this is the best oob rollie rep from the cartel right now. Looks good as is and can become franken with little effort plus 16570 parts are cheap compared to other models.

correctime

Banned
28/5/11
Is it possible for you and grifter to post a pic of these looking straight on at the front of the watch ( dial and complete case front in the pic.) I may be wrong but there's something that looks entirely different about the 2 of them. to me. Don't get me wrong...they both look awesome to me...just slightly different.

Dial, bezel, crystal, crown. Nothing but money stands in your way.
Rup: what's the serial number on yours Brother ??

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
M832118. Pulled the back to check out the movement, and it's a Swiss 2836-2 like it supposed to be. But the inside of the back says 16600. Must be a new Explorer 2/Sea Dweller hybrid I've never heard of?

617e0a7b-06b0-1e85.jpg

617e0a7b-0a9f-3e1f.jpg

617e0a7b-0a3b-74bb.jpg

correctime

Banned
28/5/11
Well...I believe the number is the same as the one grifter has. And of course, you know the Noob M448188 number. Maybe what I'm seeing is the OD difference in the rep and gen bezels and the OD on the gen is smaller. Your case sides disappear under the bezel at bezel numbers 4, 8, 16 and 20 as they should. With a gen 16550 bezel on the case, i'm not seeing that on the case grifter has. So again, perhaps I'm seeing a slight size difference in the outer dia. of the bezels...but when putting a gen bezel on a Noob Exp.II case as well as a noob bezel on a gen case I didn't see that happen. I'm basically trying to determine what makes this particular case superior to the Noob case and you're the one to ask as you've got both of them sitting side by side.
I do know that gen tube screws right into the noob case( and I believe grifter confirmed that on his as well) but a gen crown won't fit the rep tube.

correctime

Banned
28/5/11
Here's what I'm referring to. about a wider looking case.
Noob with gen bezel on left, and Noob bezel on right.
Sorry for the awful pic and crude pointers (I'm no photographer nor photoShop user)

correctime

Banned
28/5/11
Rup:
How does yours look from this angle looking at the one on the right ??
When I mentioned case shaping to grifter this is the shaping I was referring to.

And again...I'm in no way knocking this Sead Exp.II. No doubt it looks awesome.
If it's superior to the legendary discontinued Noob, this is very exciting news for those that have been searching, waiting and hoping to land a Noob.
The fact that fitting a gen dial, crystal and bezel can be done with no modding is very exciting news.