• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob question: VSF vs Noob vs Regmariner, the differences and "bang for buck"

DC69

Patron
31/12/20
Hello everyone.

I have been doing some research about getting a Submariner. From what I found so far (and correct me if I am wrong) the best ones are made by VSF, the Noob are also pretty renowned and cheaper than VSF and the Regmariner is somewhat of entry level.

Having never seen them side by side I find it hard to tell the differences, so in a nutshell exactly what makes them different? And what about the cost to quality ratio? Is the VSF worth the difference from the Regmariner for example?

Thank you all!

Reactions: LeonJL

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
You know, you could’ve saved yourself some unnecessary wear on your fingertips by just typing, “Who makes the best Sub?”

But just to be polite before the abuse starts, here’s my contribution: In a nutshell, the VSF is a bit better than the Noob, which is a bit better than a Regmariner.

Bill_C

21/10/19
North of Mexico, South of Canada
Oh yay, another "Who makes the best sub" post.

OP, I know that's not exactly what you're asking... but that's pretty much what you are asking.

Short answer is, if you can't tell the difference, then buy the cheapest and enjoy it. There's no shame in that. You are buying it for your enjoyment, not to impress others, right?

Otherwise, if you really want to know the differences, do your own research reading all of the most recent threads comparing the differences. Then buy the one with the flaws you can live with. Hint: they all have flaws.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
You want a VSF. ...but you're going to have a long wait because the factory has closed early for Chinese New Year (my TD tells me). Lucky for you, there are a few for sale on the forum trade area.

Last edited:
Reactions: DC69

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Hello everyone.

I have been doing some research about getting a Submariner. From what I found so far (and correct me if I am wrong) the best ones are made by VSF, the Noob are also pretty renowned and cheaper than VSF and the Regmariner is somewhat of entry level.

Having never seen them side by side I find it hard to tell the differences, so in a nutshell exactly what makes them different? And what about the cost to quality ratio? Is the VSF worth the difference from the Regmariner for example?

Thank you all!

Bro...... What research gave you the conclusion of noob and regmariner as even an option.? If you can't tell the difference then you need to do more "research".
Also based on your wording I'm getting the feeling you are looking for a vsf quality piece for the price of a regmariner. I can tell you right now that's not realistic.

Good luck with your research!

UnluckyXIII

Known Member
22/8/17
I was in a similar position a few weeks back (trying to pick the “best Sub), I lurked for a while reading as much as I could and then decided to ask a couple of questions (realising I actually made an account in 2017 haha). I settled on a VSF 126610LN to replace a rep which I bought (and had stolen) last year, the rep it is replacing we mediocre at best by comparison so I’m looking forward to seeing the improvements that have been made over the last few years.

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
I was in a similar position a few weeks back (trying to pick the “best Sub), I lurked for a while reading as much as I could and then decided to ask a couple of questions (realising I actually made an account in 2017 haha). I settled on a VSF 126610LN to replace a rep which I bought (and had stolen) last year, the rep it is replacing we mediocre at best by comparison so I’m looking forward to seeing the improvements that have been made over the last few years.

You won't be disappointed. My first rep was 2012 and my latest reps seem miles ahead in quality and appearance.