• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Showed a Rolex Dealer my Noob V4 Daytona!

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Shit my AD gave me the same book for buying a seiko and looking in the rolex case. I took this picture and he said want the new rolex catalog? Didnt realize the sales catalog was a true to live real coffee table book reserved for serious buyers of yatchmasters that own rep Daytonas.
I feel super special
1175dd86b7be8558c355a42848b7344c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

You should feel special for seeing two daytona's and a full gold sub in the lot there. Not often you see them laying around in the AD these days lol.

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
You should feel special for seeing two daytona's and a full gold sub in the lot there. Not often you see them laying around in the AD these days lol.

Not really, full gold watches and two tone Daytonas you can take home from the ADs here in germany.

Nobody buys them.

Just a few weeks ago there was even a post on the german rolex forum, a guy's daughter walked in an AD in Düsseldorf and asked to try on the two tone Daytona white dial, she took it home that day.

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Not really, full gold watches and two tone Daytonas you can take home from the ADs here in germany.

Nobody buys them.

Just a few weeks ago there was even a post on the german rolex forum, a guy's daughter walked in an AD in Düsseldorf and asked to try on the two tone Daytona white dial, she took it home that day.

hmmm Rolex finally listens to their customers?

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Also no. Friend bought a two tone sub in Mallorca last summer. Walked out with it also.

Sounds great. I hope Rolex increase stock and make sport models more available to people.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
It would make sense for Rolex from a marketing point of view to have stock for immediate sale in the top destinations of the world. But what do I know.

Tmills

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/12/20
Las Vegas, NV
It's frowned upon to wear a rep into an AD, but I think you know this.

The dealer probably thought it was real cause they don't have a Daytona available to compare it to lmao

Reactions: Bkhwkn and miscusi

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
for me if I was wearing my rep watch I'd simply take it off and place it inside my pocket just before going inside ADs and trying on watches, SIMPLEZ!

miscusi

10/10/20
NYC
for me if I was wearing my rep watch I'd simply take it off and place it inside my pocket just before going inside ADs and trying on watches, SIMPLEZ!

Two ways to look at this scenario... man with no watch enters watch store ~ 1) this guy dont even wear watches, what is he doing in my store? 2) OMG this guy needs a watch STAT !!!

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I guarantee they're at grey market prices.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

eberhard4

Known Member
1/2/19
Ok so clearly he did something which he didn't know was against the rules, however I think that some of you are giving too much credit to the AD salesmen.

I often visit some important multi-brand ads and I usually have fun asking to try on a watch just by naming it's model, not the brand (ex. "that beautiful Pelagos/Monaco" in your shop window) and believe me that at least 4/10 times the salesguy/woman goes to the pc to check what I am talking about.. Sometimes I have even been brought a wrong model (aquaterra insted of smp).
Having said that, do you really think that they do know which are the tells to spot for every single model on a rep, which if it is a good one, are difficult to spot even for a member?