• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Showed a Rolex Dealer my Noob V4 Daytona!

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
Should have worn an AP ZF 15500 or JF Diver instead and made them feel like they were doing you a favour lol.

Bill_C

21/10/19
North of Mexico, South of Canada
I think it depends on the country.

For example, an American is equal to 7 Italians and a pizza, or 3 Italians holding 2 pizzas each. :p
I've heard this but never confirmed it. Italians are difficult to standardize though... so many variants to consider. Some are better travelled than others. And even the pizzas change from region to region.

As a non-standard American I'd think it was more like 1:3 for most European countries. Standard Americans are more in the 1:6 range... worse in the most standard of standard parts of the U.S.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: mari115 and leo6929

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants
What kind of pizza? This is important. I need to know my worth when I look in the mirror.

xray7

Renowned Member
1/4/18
Old Dart
Everyone except ArchieLuxury. He asked for one and they told him to fu*k off, go online and look at the pictures instead. I think it was in Melbourne.

I spent 25 years in Melbourne. I know the ADs there. I can absolutely see this in my mind's eye.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I think it depends on the country.

For example, an American is equal to 7 Italians and a pizza, or 3 Italians holding 2 pizzas each. :p
I just think we need to be clear. Is one of those Americans the OP?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
My buddy worked in a number of AD in Asia and he was trained to NOT call reps/fakes out and just play along as if they are gen. Main reason being they don’t really care about what watch YOU wore into their shop, and they only care what THEY want to sell to you (hint: not the R factory SS sports model). Typically ADs aren’t overflowing with customers that they would be too busy to serve any walk-ins. Another reason is that calling someone out, whether if you are right or wrong, is likely to not get his/her business. Their objective is to make you happily part with your hard earn money!

Good point. What the hell do they care what you are wearing, if they are just there to make a sale. The thinking of "do not take a rep to an AD" was that there could be that 1 guy who could shed light on our beautiful rep community and try to take us down. That is all there is to it.

miscusi

10/10/20
NYC
My wife’s friend works at a TD and said that every other customer comes in with a shitty dhgate watch on their wrist...or words to the effect.

which TD? and why is she in china? :O ... just kidding, just kidding... :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Thewatchwolf

miscusi

10/10/20
NYC
so anway, how many pages is this "book" ? anything good in it? maybe u can scan the book, and make rep rolex books.. hmmmm.. I didnt know ADs give out catalogs... I would go right after work and ask for one, but I am wearing the VSF Sub.. so now I gotta go home, swap out to a gen, then go to the AD, so I can post about my catalog getting experience.. LOL

Last edited: