• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bought my first superclone

Scooby555

Horology Curious
7/1/21
Hi everyone,

I bought my first rep watch which was a tag heuer formula 1 calibre 16 AAA. while waiting for it to come i bit the bullet and purchased a rolex daytona 116500 black dial superclone. Just said I'd share a few pics . It's a noob v4

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
It's a nice watch but in no way a "superclone" or whatever that means

Reactions: Dferreira

SuperBatman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/9/20
image is a bit blurry...

but anyway, good for you! enjoy your new watch!

Scooby555

Horology Curious
7/1/21
It's a nice watch but in no way a "superclone" or whatever that means

I don't understand ? How is it not a superclone if you don't know what a superclone is ? Genuinely interested. What faults do you see with watch as I'm a newbie . Thanks

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
What faults do you see with watch as I'm a newbie . Thanks

Nice watch. I have the same one. Faults: are you sure you want to ruin the party?

The sub dials are too shiny compared to genuine.
The crown and pushers are too sharp.
Un/screwing the crown is gritty.

It has lots going for it too though, the bracelet and clasp is excellent and all the other details add up (if you don't examine it through a loupe). These are great, I wouldn't try fool an AD or a WIS though...;)

Tobel

6/7/17
I don't understand ? How is it not a superclone if you don't know what a superclone is ? Genuinely interested. What faults do you see with watch as I'm a newbie . Thanks

Superclone is a word that is mostly used by newbies who don't necessarily understand the rep game. The noob Daytona is a very good rep, I actually did a review a while back of my v3.

In general there is no such thing as a superclone, all reps have flaws.

Main flaws of the noob Daytona are case, subdials, crystal/gasket too high, ceramic insert, as well as bracelet from a feeling perspective (not look)

​​​​​​

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I think Tobel was being a bit sniffy about the Noob. It’s definitely a “superclone” in the eyes of anyone except the rep minutiae mafia, who will endlessly pick apart the details that disqualify any unmodded rep from “NWBIG” status (Not Worth Buying In Gen) except for an exalted few reps that make the grade (and very few Rolex models do).

So ask, “What faults does my rep have?” at your peril! ;)

Scooby555

Horology Curious
7/1/21
Thanks guys, genuinely interested in the flaws and yes I do want to know. Don't worry I know I'm buying a fake so I won't get offended. I love learning what to look for etc.

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
The major deviations from the gen have been mentioned but perhaps the most obvious one at a respectful distance has not. The gasket around the crystal is a bit whiter than the gen so the crystal has more of a halo than the real deal at some angles. Also the hand edges are almost always visibly a bit rough under very bright light. The other issues are more down to feel than look.

The alignment of the markers and bezel on your example are amongst the best I have seen so you should be delighted with that beautiful example.

Last edited:

Tobel

6/7/17
I think Tobel was being a bit sniffy about the Noob. It’s definitely a “superclone” in the eyes of anyone except the rep minutiae mafia, who will endlessly pick apart the details that disqualify any unmodded rep from “NWBIG” status (Not Worth Buying In Gen) except for an exalted few reps that make the grade (and very few Rolex models do).

So ask, “What faults does my rep have?” at your peril! ;)

Not trying to be sniffy mate ;) I just don't want newbies who may read this, to think that the noob is a 100% accurate copy, indistinguishable from gen . That's why I'm very careful about word such as superclones or super copy

As I said it's a great rep but like other reps it has its flaws so folks should enjoy it for what it is, not for a false expectation that it is is exactly like the gen

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Not trying to be sniffy mate ;) I just don't want newbies who may read this, to think that the noob is a 100% accurate copy, indistinguishable from gen . That's why I'm very careful about word such as superclones or super copy

As I said it's a great rep but like other reps it has its flaws so folks should enjoy it for what it is, not for a false expectation that it is is exactly like the gen
I completely respect your knowledge and opinions my friend - I was merely having a little joke and trying to reassure our OP that he hadn’t bought a lemon. :)

Reactions: Scooby555

Tobel

6/7/17
I completely respect your knowledge and opinions my friend - I was merely having a little joke and trying to reassure our OP that he hadn’t bought a lemon. :)

Ahaha, that's very true, he hasn't bought a lemon :D

UnluckyXIII

Known Member
22/8/17
It’s a good first rep and you should enjoy it :)

As far as tells go when it comes to Gen or Rep the biggest tell has always been and will always be the actual person and not the watch.

Reactions: sukwonee

Scooby555

Horology Curious
7/1/21
Thanks for the comments lads, the positives and negatives. I suppose the main thing is I haven't bought a lemon and personally I'm happy with the watch myself .

Reactions: UnluckyXIII

Tobel

6/7/17
Thanks for the comments lads, the positives and negatives. I suppose the main thing is I haven't bought a lemon and personally I'm happy with the watch myself .

That's the only thing that matters mate. Welcome to the rep world and enjoy your new watch

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
Congratulations on your AAA Superclone, it's on another level to the AAB version, according to the Guangdong body that certify these replicas.