• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Excessive SEL gap and crooked 6 on QC? Need second opinion

Banksy360

Looking Around
16/1/21
Hi everyone,

First time posting here. I received my QC pics and everything looks fine except for these two things. There appears to be one SEL gap that looks excessive and I can't decide on if the 6 is crooked or not. Was hoping to get a second set of eyes on these two. Thanks for the feedback!

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
I wouldn't buy that. Just get a gen.

Im with you. Gens dont have this issue. Plus you never have to worry if anyone will think its fake.

These photos are really up close, these watches are not perfect but i guarantee no one will notice and I cant even see it. But I know even Gen has issues.

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Im with you. Gens dont have this issue. Plus you never have to worry if anyone will think its fake.

These photos are really up close, these watches are not perfect but i guarantee no one will notice and I cant even see it. But I know even Gen has issues.

No, gens are perfect. No flaws. Only reps have issues. No gen ever. Never.

Reactions: EuroTime25

Banksy360

Looking Around
16/1/21

I already have gen but need something to wear while the watch is in the shop so that nobody assumes I'm a peasant.

Cheers

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19

In my experience, wearing a gen doesn't exclude you from people thinking it a rep.

I do agree that some people might be more adament about it not being a rep if they have the confidence of knowing its gen. But getting to the point where you don't care what people think I'd the best way to deal with this issue in my experience and opinion.

I know it's not the topic of the thewad just something worth mentioning I thought.

Back to the op though, I agree with the sentiment here. Just buy a gen.

Last edited:

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Is this the new Clean no date?

Not sure about the 6 but I don't see the SEL gap issue.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Judging from the first 9 posts on the thread, it looks like eurotime25 might have thr most quoted post ever if this thread continues to live on.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fpharryc

Known Member
11/4/12
Rolex you see on people’s wrists are all fakes. Who cares about SEL whatever?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: mech500

fpharryc

Known Member
11/4/12
Rolex you see on people’s wrists are all fakes. Who cares about SEL whatever?

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Judging from the first 9 posts on the thread, it looks like eurotime25 might have thr most quoted post ever if this thread continues to live on.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thank you. People are too picky. I just got 2 Sea Dwellers ARF and the crown isnt 100% perfect on the 12 o'clock and a bunch of Sea Dwellers Gen review and its not aligned. No need to focus on such small detail no one really can notice.

Dferreira

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/3/18
Hi everyone,

First time posting here. I received my QC pics and everything looks fine except for these two things. There appears to be one SEL gap that looks excessive and I can't decide on if the 6 is crooked or not. Was hoping to get a second set of eyes on these two. Thanks for the feedback!

The 6 marker doesn’t look crooked
to my eyes. You can take a ruler to your screen if you want, or put the picture into microsoft paint and draw some straight lines and see where they land.

SEL looks good when face up, but I agree when flipped upside down it looks odd. However when on wrist you won’t see it. And honestly neither will the average person either. That dial looks great.

Which factory did you go with?

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Don’t draw bloody lines on or man. Just accept it and move on

Reactions: Dizzy

Banksy360

Looking Around
16/1/21
The 6 marker doesn’t look crooked
to my eyes. You can take a ruler to your screen if you want, or put the picture into microsoft paint and draw some straight lines and see where they land.

SEL looks good when face up, but I agree when flipped upside down it looks odd. However when on wrist you won’t see it. And honestly neither will the average person either. That dial looks great.

Which factory did you go with?

Thanks man! I'll go ahead and GL. This is the ZZF Junior.

Reactions: Dferreira