• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Smurf QC Pictures

Dferreira

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/3/18
Hello everyone!

Just got my QC pictures from trusty this morning. I’ve looked over them closely and the only issues I’ve found are the smudging of the paint in the “10” indices, Rehault spacing on the left, and maybe the SEL gap?

Can anyone see any other issues that I haven’t found yet?

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
I don't.... see the rehaut or the SEL gap issues you are referring to.

Also the "10" maybe ask your TD if it's just some sort of dirt or removable debris that got stuck.

Last edited:

Dferreira

17/3/18
The Rehault spacing on the 9 o’clock and south of it looks a little off. Is that an issue with VSF in general?

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Yeah if you go to the VSF Smurf thread, you can see this on others'

Dferreira

17/3/18
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it!

I messaged my TD about the smudge, waiting on the response back.

If the Rehault spacing is normal, then im not gonna complain about it. Can’t see it on the wrist anyways.

To my eye everything looks perfect, but I also recognize that I’m VERY new to this and im
trying not to get rosey glasses about it.

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
You're getting into this at a great time. I don't have the Smurf but I own the 116610ln from VSF and the quality is just.... amazing. It doesn't feel like a rep at all. The batch I got has even worse rehaut alignment (with wrong R placement) and fatter hour hand, compared to the QC pics of yours, but it's very easy to get over these little flaws when the watch is on my wrist. It just looks so stunning.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I'm not sure whether you have read the rules on QC pics. If you haven't you should.

You are only allowed to post QC pics when you gave a specific concern, which you did here, but you should only post the pics relevant to these concerns.

The 5 last pics you posted have nothing to do with insert/SEL/rehaut

Some would say that you're fishing for people to QC your watch so you may want to remove them

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Looks great. Except it.....part 3

Last edited:

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Jesus! Hope you haven't accepted.

Z8owPI.jpg

:shok:

Last edited:
Reactions: kavorca1

PAMorROLEX

26/10/20
EU
Reject the watch if you are willing to wait another two months at least until they start working after the Chinese new year else just accept and count your blessings.. Else you shall not have it with you for at least 50 days from now.. Watch looks awesome and highlighted issue isn't a concern at all..

Dferreira

17/3/18
Jesus! Hope you haven't accepted.

Z8owPI.jpg

:shok:

Lol thanks for the warm welcome ;)

I didn’t mean to fish for people to QC for me, I was just hoping for an opinion from someone who wasn’t head over heels I love with it like I was. I green lit the watch with Andrew, so now I’m just waiting for it to arrive !

Ive been wanting a Smurf since 2018 when I joined the forum, but the quality of the reps wasn’t there. I checked in every 3-4 months to see if someone had made a good smurf yet. When I saw the VSF smurf I nearly fell off my bed. I agree that now is no better time to be into the rep game. I feel like VSF has made the sub a NWBIG, especially if they fix the Rehault spacing.

Cheers everyone, can’t wait to contribute back to the community for someone else one day.

Reactions: YellowFin

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Jesus, rep factories has higher demands on QC these days than Rolex factory itself...
Well no one questions whether a Rolex is gen like because as bad as one watch might be, it's still gen.

As opposed to these where people hold up pics and compare to one gen Pic as opposed to comparing it to how many of the same model.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Lol thanks for the warm welcome ;)

I didn’t mean to fish for people to QC for me, I was just hoping for an opinion from someone who wasn’t head over heels I love with it like I was. I green lit the watch with Andrew, so now I’m just waiting for it to arrive !

Sorry for the joke at your expense, couldn't resist. ;)

You're gonna love that watch, VSF is kicking ass with their new Subs!

Reactions: Dferreira

Dferreira

17/3/18
Sorry for the joke at your expense, couldn't resist. ;)

You're gonna love that watch, VSF is kicking ass with their new Subs!

A little hazing never killed anyone :p
I’m just happy to get some community engagement going on.

VSF really did a fantastic job with this model. Right down to the Font of the dial. Matches a 2019 smurf PERFECTLY. Only fault is the Rolex script beneath the crown is EVER so slightly bolder. But as my eyes get worse it won’t really matter to me haha! :woo:

Last edited:
Reactions: YellowFin