• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Factory was raided

Atlas_Shrugged

Known Member
5/11/20
SoCal/Salt Lake City
Hey guys, I hate to be a buzzkill but these rep manufacturers are doing something illegal. They’re taking the hard earned reputation, innovation, artisanship and staggering skill sets of the Swiss people and they are ripping off their designs. Not super cool. If they get caught, isn’t it actually a good thing, morally/ethically speaking? IP theft is still theft.

Prob need to make this a sticky because up till now nobody here knew that. Thanks for letting us know.

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
Hey guys, I hate to be a buzzkill but these rep manufacturers are doing something illegal. They’re taking the hard earned reputation, innovation, artisanship and staggering skill sets of the Swiss people and they are ripping off their designs. Not super cool. If they get caught, isn’t it actually a good thing, morally/ethically speaking? IP theft is still theft.

My 2 ADs fleeced me of more than $20K over 3 years without even giving me half a sub. This happened to many other people I know too.

With all the money I lost from AD scams as a new hobbyist I could have bought entire rep collections a few times over.

So Rolex can go fuck themselves for the artificial shortage and quit complaining about VSF/Noob earning some peanuts by infringing on IP.

For the above matter, I will never ever again buy anything from any AD again unless the model I want cannot be replicated correctly (which is quite unlikely).

daytonagator

Horology Curious
2/5/20
You know what, Atlas_Shrugged is right, we need a sticky on this, considering I'm a huge fan of Ayn Rand's, I'll go ahead and write it:
While we're all very sad to hear that the supply of NOOB watches has been interrupted, let's add a dose of reality to the conversation: 1) The NOOB factory is an illegal operation 2) Unlike most of the posters here waxing poetic about how they feel sorry for the workers and owner we have to allow gravity to take hold as we acknowledge that it is the replica makers that are the bad guys, not the authorities. So when you do go on and on about how sorry you feel for them and how this meanie IP police are doing their jobs, just allow that little piece of reality to seep into your mind that what they are doing is immoral and unprofessional. However, its a free world (this is the part Ayn would like) and you can choose to spend your money as you please, if you want a rep, buy it, if you can afford a gen, buy it. But don't bullshit yourselves and others in thinking that all of this is normal. AND MOST OF ALL, because this is all for fun, DON'T TAKE IT SO SERIOUSLY. Its just shows you really have nothing else going on in your lives and have too much free time on your hands instead of earning the $$$ needed to actually buy a gen. Have a nice day and thank you for reading this sticky.

How was that? Sorry, too real?

Reactions: amgbenz04

daytonagator

Horology Curious
2/5/20
Fuck sake mate , it’s a replica watch forum , seriously what are you doing here ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're absolutely right dude, I don't belong here. I've asked RWI to delete my account and this is the last time I'll be here. But take it from someone who owns a gen 116500 panda and a gen 116503, you only get to where you want to in life by seeing reality and not living in a fantasy. Reps are a fantasy, they aren't real, don't believe that they are, enjoy them for what they are but don't take them seriously.

Reactions: amgbenz04

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
You're absolutely right dude, I don't belong here. I've asked RWI to delete my account and this is the last time I'll be here. But take it from someone who owns a gen 116500 panda and a gen 116503, you only get to where you want to in life by seeing reality and not living in a fantasy. Reps are a fantasy, they aren't real, don't believe that they are, enjoy them for what they are but don't take them seriously.

Wonderful thank you for your enlightening thought and wisdom. Now leave go enjoy your overpriced watches and feel better. We will stick with enjoying watches even if they are not Overpriced and made to look like there is only few pieces made a year. This is a guy who is offered free happy ending and only leaves to report it to police. Also a guy who has sex with a woman only to leave and report she sexually raped him. A guy who Voted for Hillary because she is more of a man than he is. I can go on and on.

But back on track I was able to get a ZF IWC two weeks ago recieved here. But no ZF AP avaliable.

If you want a AP just FYI JF is only avaliable right now.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
By the way, as of mid June 2021 , ZF is still operating & producing. Correct?

Snil

Certified
18/8/20
Nordic

I just bought a ZF watch last week and I see plenty of QC's on Reddit so yes. They are alive and thriving.

Reactions: BlakeMcJake

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Tosser. Gen watches are toys too mate. Thousand dollar items sold for 10s of thousands because of image. What's real about that. Just so you know your watch says fuck all about what type of person you are. Nor does your car, your house, or your boat.
So in your estimation posers on Instagram with gen watches are keeping it real, but people that live within their means and buy replicas aren't. Makes sense

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

pixel_junkie

Renowned Member
28/1/12
Conus

Strange reading this… here - by an actual member. Like being lectured on the negative effects of crack cocaine by a crackhead at a crackhouse.

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
Tosser. Gen watches are toys too mate. Thousand dollar items sold for 10s of thousands because of image. What's real about that. Just so you know your watch says fuck all about what type of person you are. Nor does your car, your house, or your boat.
So in your estimation posers on Instagram with gen watches are keeping it real, but people that live within their means and buy replicas aren't. Makes sense

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Could not have said it better. :clap_1:

Reactions: EuroTime25

Tonash88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/1/20

Let’s me be clear . I have money and I want my products at the stipulated price and at my timing i like to have them.

Not some dumb shit fake wait list , not some pairing with useless products I don’t appreciate and definitely not at an enormously inflated price.

I understand Brands like Rolex clearly doesn’t prioritise me as a customer . Till the day they need my money , till the day they start working hard for my money, I would keep buying rep . I wouldn’t be here in the first place if they allow me to get the gmts, Subs and Daytona’s in the first place . And tbh, now that I have owned all of them in reps , I am starting to lose interest in Rolex. I guess it’s a win win situation for me and Rolex . I can spend my money on bigger house. So I got to thank Rolex actually .

Lastly, don’t tell me about ethics. I don’t see any by Rolex. They discriminate most people and prioritise their products for the rich and famous only . I enjoy seeing them getting rip off in every way.

If you ask me , this sense of arrogance will destroy Rolex . They have not reached the stage when they need the new generation. They want things now , or they destroy you all over the net . It’s coming , give it ten years :)

Reactions: jkrw247

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA

Not on all models. AP isnt avaliable but I was able to get a IWC. Thats from Andrew at Trusty Time. Maybe your TD can get it. Best to ask before ordering.

Last edited:

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
And tbh, now that I have owned all of them in reps , I am starting to lose interest in Rolex. I guess it’s a win win situation for me and Rolex . I can spend my money on bigger house. So I got to thank Rolex actually .

So because you didn't spend 20k at Rolex, you can now buy a bigger house???..... Who is your Realtor?

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

Tonash88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/1/20
So because you didn't spend 20k at Rolex, you can now buy a bigger house???..... Who is your Realtor?

was planning 150k to spend on 2 gold and 2 sports. Since 17. In the end , spent about 4K on 7 reps lol. Ok , I did buy a gold Daytona in 18.

100k savings not too bad yea, I need a year to save this amount . Maybe u r different , ultra rich :)

That’s about right for down payment ????

Reactions: Horace Derwent

Horace Derwent

Known Member
17/6/10
was planning 150k to spend on 2 gold and 2 sports. Since 17. In the end , spent about 4K on 7 reps lol. Ok , I did buy a gold Daytona in 18.

100k savings not too bad yea, I need a year to save this amount . Maybe u r different , ultra rich :)

Thumbs up sir.

You know what ?

Our hobby is one of the most overpriced ever existed.

And im not speaking only of Rolex, but

https://youtu.be/otAU8ENSVrM

Even Jenni Elle says this , spending over 20 k Dollars for a steel watch....cmon guys !!!

I would understand a solid gold or platinum watch, a tourbillon, a Vintage Breguet.....but more than 20 k Dollars for a steel watch is a ripoff.

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19

That’s about right for down payment ????

So the AD turned down your potential 150k purchase? What was their reasons?

Reactions: TheReplicator