• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Factory was raided

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
:'( can't buy any watch for a month ??????
Last year was the worst. When cny ended, they came back just in time to have the entire country shut down. Not too long after. The rest of the world shut down.

Once things opened back up, everything was moving slow and even once factories opened back up. We were waiting as long as 60 days just to get QCs.

And then shipping - RWI had hundreds of "how long does DHL take?" or "trusty refuses to ship my package" or "PT said they shipped my watch weeks ago but it still hasn't left China" or "I bought a Rolex and and service isn't up to my expectations" threads. There were so many popping up every day.

I actually bought a watch and it took exactly 80 days to arrive from the day it shipped to the day it arrived. At 40 I was sure it was lost. It was like a nice surprise when it finally just showed up.

And things haven't gotten much better. 30 days isn't all that bad.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

VaderTime

9/10/17
CYN is a very long holiday. People leave their current city where they work to go back to their home cities. Most businesses are closed, people are with their families, drinking, eating, partying for many, many days.... everything stops lol

Leewei

21/3/12
Thats a pretty bad CNY for the factories. Supported them for with a IWC fortunately gotten my QC photos on 14th Jan and now i finally understood why it took so long. Hopefully they get well soon and come back again !

miscusi

10/10/20
NYC
would anyone have resources to obtain a local newspaper article or news broadcast about these watch raids? I would like to see if there are photos like how when here in the USA, the police does a drug raid, they post the taken items in a pile for the media..

Mayor_McCheese

29/4/20
Brisbane, Australia
would anyone have resources to obtain a local newspaper article or news broadcast about these watch raids? I would like to see if there are photos like how when here in the USA, the police does a drug raid, they post the taken items in a pile for the media..

Haha yeah, I can just imagine people on this forum looking at the reps on the table "Is that my ZF RM055 I just ordered??" :p

Reactions: tkingjr

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
ZF raid:

https://imgur.com/gallery/8yt5Udf

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Very sad indeed, sick tudors and ap rep factory gone..
somehow I feel zf will tell about other factories to avoid huge jailtime.. :( fingers crossed

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

miscusi

10/10/20
NYC
I had ordered a ZF blue BB58 just days before the raid, I emailed TD and he said yeah the watches been ordered but... so I asked for a Noob Exp I instead.. got QC pics of that noob and hopefully soon it would be here! Once I spoke to a canal street rep dealer, (lower end street stuff) and once in a while the copyright authorities come and confiscate and arrest. He told me that he just goes to jail for a little while, and then hes back doing it again. on canal street, all the shops are connected somehow that once one shop gets hit, almost instantly, all the shops shutter.. I think this fight against counterfeit is just a big show and that the gen makers really do want the reps to be sold, otherwise, nobody would know about their brands.. like how IBM made their dos easy to copy and even though they are like "oh no they are stealing from us" they ended up dominating the market in the 80s

cosmo25

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
12/1/21
Ahhh pity, i was about to order a bb58 s&g right before the raid.....