• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Factory was raided

focus66

19/8/12
I guess there will be large solidarity.
For other companys there would be at me. But i never forget the 316L lie....;)

Sure. The chinese rep manufacturers union already called for the rep workers to go on strike and hired chinas top tier lawyers and is raising funds to bail the zf staff out.

Reality will be more like nobody cares, some low level zf staff will end up in forced labour camps or even publicly executed, depending on the political importance of that raid for the ccp and local government officials, while the boss will bribe his way out and start business all over again.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Reality will be more like nobody cares, some low level zf staff will end up in forced labour camps or even publicly executed, depending on the political importance of that raid for the ccp and local government officials, while the boss will bribe his way out and start business all over again.

Really? Doesnt look good...

rek00001

Known Member
24/4/13
Terrible news, hope the workers and owners come out ok. Been a long time since the last raids.

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
Depressing. That's 80%of my rep created preferences. Was aiming at that 15500 black dial after finding that German video review on YouTube. I hope they recover quickly.

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
JBF also got raided. And they still havnt reopened . They made a few RM's and such. ZF was stepping up their game with some very well made watches.

Bill_C

21/10/19
North of Mexico, South of Canada
Is it me or do they always do this right before Chinese new year?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I was thinking the same thing.

Well, back to M2M to scratch my Tudor BB itch.

Seriously though, I am more concerned about the folks that got arrested. Chinese prison is no joke. Imagine going to jail, losing income for your family and then add the blowback your loved ones have to face over your arrest... all over some (admittedly very nice) trinkets. I hate to see my order cancelled but I hate the idea of some poor schmucks doing time over this, more.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ericocean

13/11/17
I sure hate to hear this!
I for one am very careful of what I say to the TD's in email conversations and I suggest the same to others. Nothing goes "un-noticed"

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
I sure hate to hear this!
I for one am very careful of what I say to the TD's in email conversations and I suggest the same to others. Nothing goes "un-noticed"

Not sure what you guys communicate, but I stick to the bare minimum that needs to be exchanged: my order, TDs payment details, my address.

Reactions: Thrasher