• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Factory was raided

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Chinese goverment passed in November a new copyright law that will enter in action in june 2021, my friends in china have told me that raids are common before CNY, in all industries not only on watches, that's why a lot of factories lay low or just go ok vacation early.

Here's the article about the law:

http://www.npc.gov.cn/englishnpc/c23...a047ba81.shtml

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

focus66

19/8/12
Alibaba and i think also the gate are important players in the stock market. They generate tax income for the ccp. So no raids.

Reactions: vcappp

nddub007

Horology Curious
2/6/17
Damn, that’s too bad. I just got qc pics of a ZF watch I ordered last weekend, today. Guess I got luck there. Hope they bounce back.

webby48

Known Member
8/11/19
JBF also got raided. And they still havnt reopened . They made a few RM's and such. ZF was stepping up their game with some very well made watches.

Is the JBF raid confirmed anywhere? I tried to order a watch from a TD from JBF two weeks ago and the TD said, "There was something with the factory," so they couldn't supply watches.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Chinese goverment passed in November a new copyright law that will enter in action in june 2021, my friends in china have told me that raids are common before CNY, in all industries not only on watches, that's why a lot of factories lay low or just go ok vacation early.

Here's the article about the law:

http://www.npc.gov.cn/englishnpc/c23...a047ba81.shtml

it’s look new rules , no more reps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I was thinking the same thing.

Well, back to M2M to scratch my Tudor BB itch.

Seriously though, I am more concerned about the folks that got arrested. Chinese prison is no joke. Imagine going to jail, losing income for your family and then add the blowback your loved ones have to face over your arrest... all over some (admittedly very nice) trinkets. I hate to see my order cancelled but I hate the idea of some poor schmucks doing time over this, more.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
And in 2019, when noob was raised, I remember hearing they were in jail for like 30 days too.

We were talking on the forums about it and I rember when we started hearing they got released.

And... If noob is any indication, I was talking to KJ the other day and he mentioned "since the raid, noob has gone downhill" and hopefully this isn't a a trend. Especially as so many factories are producing so many amazing products.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
And in 2019, when noob was raised, I remember hearing they were in jail for like 30 days too.

We were talking on the forums about it and I rember when we started hearing they got released.

And... If noob is any indication, I was talking to KJ the other day and he mentioned "since the raid, noob has gone downhill" and hopefully this isn't a a trend. Especially as so many factories are producing so many amazing products.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yeah, since the raid noob went downhill but also the son took over the company. In the nee law they said that they will destroy, materials, products and factories. I wonder if the same thing will apply for this raids.

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
Yeah, since the raid noob went downhill but also the son took over the company. In the nee law they said that they will destroy, materials, products and factories. I wonder if the same thing will apply for this raids.

Damn that’s kinda scary for us rep enthusiasts. Imagine China starts taking reps seriously and actually abolishes them.

Davide89

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/1/21
Italy
I think that as up to now they have managed to avoid the abolition of replicas, even with these new restrictions they will somehow find a way to continue to produce and improve themselves ... or at least I hope so ....