• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Factory was raided

centrum

27/7/14
From Puretime's newsletter:

Closed and probably not opening again: GMF, TBF, NOOB, V6F, V9F, JBF, Green Maker;
Closed and will reopen: AR, JF, VS, XF, VRF, KZF, OXF;
Available for delivery: EW, ZF, GF.

The 1st category is pretty scary
Not opening again meaning permanently closed? What in the world?!

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
I just got off a lengthy phone call with the owner of the ZF factory Terrence Chang Hong, nice guy, he’s supposedly hiding out in Shanghai until this blows over. The police mean business this time. It’s pretty hairy on the ground. Head of QC was detained and Terrence made it out in a nick of time...!

Reactions: SuperLory

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18

Closed and probably not opening again: GMF, TBF, NOOB, V6F, V9F, JBF, Green Maker;

Wow, Noob gone is "big" news!!

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
I got the rumors confirmed by another dealer.
At the moment it is uncertain if Noob will reopen at all.

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09

I read this as well, and very sad to hear about Noob and the others not opening. I am sure that in the end they will figure something out to keep pumping out those 4130's, but under a new name (and maybe with some improvements!) TBH not much else was noteable from Noob, but this is a good chance to reinvent themselves.

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
I just got off a lengthy phone call with the owner of the ZF factory Terrence Chang Hong, nice guy, he’s supposedly hiding out in Shanghai until this blows over. The police mean business this time. It’s pretty hairy on the ground. Head of QC was detained and Terrence made it out in a nick of time...!

Thanks for sharing this information.

Reactions: johnlogan

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Wasn’t V6F the same group of people from VSF and XF?

I was thinking that V6F = VSF = XF, but it looks like they are not the same group of people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liquid Snake

Known Member
28/2/21
Florida
Thank God I ordered my Noob V4 back in February. This is some crazy new. Phew ZF is still standing. I still want to order my Hulk. What about VSF?

Last edited:

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
And boatload of bribe money ;)

After the embarrassing protection racket in 2012, that had been going on for decades , came to an screeching hold, Guangzhou deputy police chief He Jing took the blame.
Mr He Jing unfortunately took too his own life before the trail due to depression. I.e no convictions made.
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/art...ce-chief-he-jing-arrested-anti-graft-campaign

Brown envelope money have continued uninterrupted for the past 9 years. What have triggered this masses crackdown ? Who knows.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Many feedbacks show the raids are heavy this time. The rep market grew up big these last years, thus adding many reasons for such police actions.

Still, the market will adapt and newcommers will grow on the gone factories. Maybe it's the dawn of a new era in the hobby, but all in all it's like dope : as long as you have a buyer, you'll have a seller.
75ae1e4f5bda15c0f29d983c4f38a8b4.gif

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited: