• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Submariner 116610LN - First TD purchase from Andrew at Trustytime

944black

Known Member
19/4/11
Hi all,

modernclassic trustytime

having been a member here for a longish time, I’ve seen lots of new offerings come over the last few years. I read the review by modernclassic, re the VSF 116610 sub.
Ive had 3 gen Rolex, and a franken TC V6 LV also.

Following the long thread he created, I decided to buy one of these “just to see”.....

I’ve been to an AD last year to buy the gen of this, and they said the “list” was closed...... their loss.
I’m not going to beg any company to sell something to me, when I’m meant to be the customer!

It arrived from Andrew this week, very fast, and frankly I’m pretty amazed.
I compared it to my gen GMT and it looks and sparkles in exactly the same way.
There is something about the way a real Rolex sparkles, hard to explain exactly, but they sparkle and shine and glint in a way that catches the eye from across a room.
This does the same thing !

I read a thread on a Rolex Facebook group yesterday about how worried they all are about cloned movements and also the “1:1 Swiss clones” as they called them ????.
A couple of members did point out that all “clones” come from China, and the “Swiss clones” websites were mostly scams.

The only thing I can’t believe is that they (VSF) can make this and sell it for 450 odd dollars.

It looks like I got lucky too, with a nicely aligned “R” rehaut, and no fat hour hands.

I’ll look forward to comments from the experts but I’m more than happy with this. All the looks of the gen, for a fraction of the price !

Z6u7LE.jpg

Z6uuS2.jpg

Z6uNE3.jpg

Z6uErn.jpg

Z6uFyY.jpg

Z6uf3s.jpg

Z6uG4D.jpg

Z6uSck.jpg

Z6uxCJ.jpg

Z6uceW.jpg

Z6ubmo.jpg

Z6uJSP.jpg

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
I was on the exact same boat as you. A long time member at all forums since 2006 (I lost my original account here in 2011 so had to start a new one lol) and then lost interest for a few years. Came back to check out what's "new". I ended up picking up one of these and VSF SMP 300M. It's so amazing how much VSF have raised the bar in just a few years.

You definitely got a really good version/batch of the 116610LN. Mine has the wrong "R" and fatter hands (I think). But regardless, amazing watch with "genuine feel" on the wrist that is difficult to describe through words.

944black

Known Member
19/4/11
I was on the exact same boat as you. A long time member at all forums since 2006 (I lost my original account here in 2011 so had to start a new one lol) and then lost interest for a few years. Came back to check out what's "new". I ended up picking up one of these and VSF SMP 300M. It's so amazing how much VSF have raised the bar in just a few years.

You definitely got a really good version/batch of the 116610LN. Mine has the wrong "R" and fatter hands (I think). But regardless, amazing watch with "genuine feel" on the wrist that is difficult to describe through words.

Even with the “R” issue, and the fatter hand, you’ll never see that on the wrist.
like I said, all my gens R factory have flaws !

Reactions: sukwonee

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Enjoy in good health!! At some point, I would suggest you service the movement, you will better longevity and better time keeping that way.

Reactions: 944black

944black

Known Member
19/4/11
Enjoy in good health!! At some point, I would suggest you service the movement, you will better longevity and better time keeping that way.

Thanks, good advice that ????.
I do want to get the movement checked and serviced, sooner the better, if you can recommend a good rep friendly watchsmith in the U.K.?

Byrnedogs1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/12/18
Mine is in transit and excitement levels have gone from 10 to 11 after seeing these pics. I totally get what you are saying about the shine of a gen, something very difficult to pinpoint, but this vsf definitely seems to have that look. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Byrnedogs1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/12/18
Mine is in transit and excitement levels have gone from 10 to 11 after seeing these pics. I totally get what you are saying about the shine of a gen, something very difficult to pinpoint, but this vsf definitely seems to have that look. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Nice, glad you are happy with it. Lovely piece. You'll need the LV and Smurf now too!

I'm so impressed with the 1116610 that I am thinking about getting one of these now. Just need to figure out which to get first...

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
Yes, I got lucky for sure!

Im actually thinking of getting another one in case they stop making them like TC did !

I hope not! I’m sure they are selling a lot :)

Could always get one of the 41mm subs. They have a pretty solid rep from my understanding of the new subs

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
I'm so impressed with the 1116610 that I am thinking about getting one of these now. Just need to figure out which to get first...

I know this isn't a popular opinion, but the VSF Hulk dial color variance to gen is what's holding me back at this point.

Reactions: Duckber

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I know this isn't a popular opinion, but the VSF Hulk dial color variance to gen is what's holding me back at this point.

No rep will ever get it right but it's close enough for me, I can't get mine off my wrist! I think I'll buy a smurf now..

Arik dahan

Known Member
26/5/19

I replaced the Hand hours that was fat ... I replaced the zzf v2 hand.
And it looks better
Z8jXQE.jpg

Last edited:

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
That does look great Arik dahan I have no such skills or tools to do this and I am fine with the fat hand for now lol. I didn't know zzf hands could be fitted on VSF. Good info.

Reactions: Arik dahan

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
944black, you got a good one, all right.

+1 for the recommendation to get the movement serviced. Mine has had a couple of issues since I got it a couple of months ago, so it's not being worn at the moment -- not till I've had it serviced.