• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF Factory Upcoming 126600 Sea-Dweller with Asian 2824 Movement

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
12 o clock bezel triangle also needs work, which XF seems to have got right. ARF is still a bloody good rep though, love mine, but will have to get the XF too and let one of them go.

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
Haha! Maybe you could add the XF to those pics bud, to give a quick comparison with all 3?

Out and about at hospital but here is a quickie
23964a33589426a24f756898dc91f24e.jpg

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
The steel grade is important for that last bit of gen presence. The bright color of 904L is key. The white color of 904 has a wow factor you can’t get from darker 316. I hope VS-XF did full 904L here.

I’ve had every ARF SD43 and the XF looks better in some details. I have an XF on order to see how much better it is overall.

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
The steel grade is important for that last bit of gen presence. The bright color of 904L is key. The white color of 904 has a wow factor you can’t get from darker 316. I hope VS-XF did full 904L here.

I’ve had every ARF SD43 and the XF looks better in some details. I have an XF on order to see how much better it is overall.

The lustre of this watch is well up to the job and I would imagine it is as stated, 904. I said I didn’t care as it looks bright and has that white lustre to it.
I’ve restored many gens Rolex over the years when I’ve sold them and there is a difference in the steel. 904 always responds better to polish and regardless of what some inexperienced muppets on here say, there is a difference when seen in the flesh. I’m glad you agree with me bud!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
This is not the arf thread buddy so why are you posting and talking about it. Take it from someone who knows these models well, XF beats it hands down on all details!

I know I just posted so they can see the difference. Nothing more.

Reactions: Replisimio

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania

Never gets old.

Zl0lfn.gif

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Haha! Maybe you could add the XF to those pics bud, to give a quick comparison with all 3?

People are going nuts in extremly small detail. I been looking at those photos and the only thing I can see between gen and arf is the crown between swiss made which I know ARF doesnt have. But majority of people will not notice. Only ones who work on one and see the smallest detail and people on rep forums lol. All I know is reps are amazing and only getting better. I am not dissapointed on my ARF. But I would have gotten this one if I knew about it.

RandyC

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/19
The lustre of this watch is well up to the job and I would imagine it is as stated, 904. I said I didn’t care as it looks bright and has that white lustre to it.
I’ve restored many gens Rolex over the years when I’ve sold them and there is a difference in the steel. 904 always responds better to polish and regardless of what some inexperienced muppets on here say, there is a difference when seen in the flesh. I’m glad you agree with me bud!

Absolutely! the steel grade makes a difference, if it didn't then why would so many rep factories move from 316 to 904!

Reactions: m5smg2

RandyC

17/4/19

If it is 904L through and through then that will be a big improvement for them. The ARF SubC is full 904L but the VSF is a mix of both-Case: 904L, Crown: 316L, SEL: 904L, Bracelet: 904L, Clasp: 316L. Caseback: 904L

Reactions: m5smg2

RandyC

17/4/19
People are going nuts in extremly small detail. I been looking at those photos and the only thing I can see between gen and arf is the crown between swiss made which I know ARF doesnt have. But majority of people will not notice. Only ones who work on one and see the smallest detail and people on rep forums lol. All I know is reps are amazing and only getting better. I am not dissapointed on my ARF. But I would have gotten this one if I knew about it.

Mate, there are other differences as well pointed out already like the CGs, the markers etc. The crown between swiss made is not there in 2017 models (which is what ARF replicated) and came in later models which XF is replicating. You are right majority of the folks won't notice. Folks on rep forums can make out the tells in the pics as they are close up shots and everything is magnified and compared with gen at times. At wrist level while some tells are obvious, most can't be made out unless you watch it up close or have a gen at hand. The reps are getting better and if they didnt then nobody would buy the newer versions (they do have a tendency to fix something and mess up something else which was fine previously but thats good for their business! If they made a perfect rep they would be out of business in no time!). Don't fret, soon enough a better rep than this might come out and then you would say if I knew I would have got that! ARF is a bloody god rep and wear it in good health! Cheers

Reactions: EuroTime25 and SS72

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Mate, there are other differences as well pointed out already like the CGs, the markers etc. The crown between swiss made is not there in 2017 models (which is what ARF replicated) and came in later models which XF is replicating. You are right majority of the folks won't notice. Folks on rep forums can make out the tells in the pics as they are close up shots and everything is magnified and compared with gen at times. At wrist level while some tells are obvious, most can't be made out unless you watch it up close or have a gen at hand. The reps are getting better and if they didnt then nobody would buy the newer versions (they do have a tendency to fix something and mess up something else which was fine previously but thats good for their business! If they made a perfect rep they would be out of business in no time!). Don't fret, soon enough a better rep than this might come out and then you would say if I knew I would have got that! ARF is a bloody god rep and wear it in good health! Cheers

Exactly. One thing about the rep world is when I get a new rep I know it wont be the last. They got me hooked. But the ammount I save for not buying Gens its worth it to me. I love it. I was able to get all of my dream watches for fraction of the price and much sooner.

Naths63

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/5/20
I love the reps, especially the top quality ones, god...if I had bought and sold as many gens as reps I would have lost £1000s, give me the option to try loads of different watches without spending a fortune on a gen and then realising that I am not that keen on it!!!...so ..simple sell it on for near enough what I paid for it and try another, at least with a top quality rep you can wear it for a while and see how you feel about it, not just for 2 mins with a genuine in a shop, this XF is the 2nd SD43 iv had, after having a ARF V3 before, wishing I’d never sold it though...this XF to my inexperienced eyes is the better of the 2 and the ARF was great!!!...this is definitely NWBG...great lume on the XF as well...lol
a871809539ae0dd57b3d0b518021e193.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: EuroTime25

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
I'm wondering if this XF is entering super rep status. There's not a lot wrong with it from the pics from a visual point of view. Lack of 3235 movt. might rule this out.

Last edited:
Reactions: EuroTime25

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
I'm wondering if this XF is entering super rep status. There's not a lot wrong with it from the pics from a visual point of view. Lack of 3235 movt. might rule this out.

2824 is OK for a super rep as long as it has a steel back and crown height are same as gen. No rep will stand a check by a watchsmith and it doesn't need to to be a super rep. The XF's likely falling short with regards to the dial color and crystal/cyclops in a side by side comparison.

Last edited:

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
2824 is OK for a super rep as long as it has a steel back and crown height are same as gen. No rep will stand a check by a watchsmith and it doesn't need to to be a super rep. The XF's likely falling short with regards to the dial color and crystal/cyclops in a side by side comparison.

The only 2 obvious flaws are indeed the dial not being as effective in certain light conditions at showing the matte appearance, the hands which are nice but no rep hands equal gen Rolex hands and the cyclops which as you say is quite different in appearance to gen but everything else is very close in real world scenarios.