• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hands on deal with local seller. What are your thoughts on this?

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
Hahaha... unless everyone has one then there's no shame of wearing a street rep lol

That’s legitimately not a lie but a truth I hope none will embrace either hehehehe

Last edited:

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
You've struck a goldmine, mate. That's a super rare misprinted gen DW with so called "double Baguette 11"... :thumbsup:

Z6lSVX.jpg

Last edited:

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
I'd be curious about the list of suckage, as it were. I'm still learning.

Things that lept out to me, even though I'm not interested in subs:
  • rehaut font is bad
  • Lume is bad
  • Lume on hands irregular
  • SEL gap
  • pearl is dirty
  • Engraving on bezel is uneven
  • Bezel damage at 20
  • Font on dial is hilariously bad
  • Font on DW is bad
  • Gaps on bracelet
What did I miss?

The hands and markers had me weak.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
What I love is how they all have the same serial numbers - regardless of model. Depending on which factory you go to I will bet it has either

F437091 Or
Z754008

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
One thing is don't be ashamed to think these were worth the money originally. The majority of people would think a 50 dollar dhgate shitter is a genuine Rolex. Knowing what makes a quality watch a quality watch is not something innate but rather something you get a feel for over time by playing around with various models from low tier to high tier. In fact I'd actually recommend you to buy one of these for cheap on dhgate just to get a feel for it and then when you hold a higher tier rep or a gen you can over time distinguish what makes these so shitty. Then you'll look back on this post and laugh at how far you progressed.

PAMorROLEX

26/10/20
EU

Good morning ladies and gentleman.

I have decided to give a go to the local classified ads and found a guy selling a lot of "luxury watches", all in the 150-200$ range and marked as "negotiable". After manifesting my interest he sent me this pictures and offered to meet me to show them in person. Honestly from this pictures I don't see any major red flags, for 150$ each it's quite cheap, even for replicas, and has the obvious advantage of eliminating the waiting period and the risk of it having them stuck in customs.

If I do meet him my checklist will me the movement (making sure it runs and it's mechanic and not some quartz POC); the overall quality (weight, material, detail) and color/brightness of the lume.

What are your thoughts on this? Has anyone made this kind of deal? How did it go down? Anything else I should be checking?

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Don't waste your time or money. The seller is advertising it as "AAA", so you should already know anything you're told will be a lie, especially about the movement.

Reactions: jasonbaylee