• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hands on deal with local seller. What are your thoughts on this?

DC69

Patron
31/12/20
Good morning ladies and gentleman.

I have decided to give a go to the local classified ads and found a guy selling a lot of "luxury watches", all in the 150-200$ range and marked as "negotiable". After manifesting my interest he sent me this pictures and offered to meet me to show them in person. Honestly from this pictures I don't see any major red flags, for 150$ each it's quite cheap, even for replicas, and has the obvious advantage of eliminating the waiting period and the risk of it having them stuck in customs.

If I do meet him my checklist will me the movement (making sure it runs and it's mechanic and not some quartz POC); the overall quality (weight, material, detail) and color/brightness of the lume.

What are your thoughts on this? Has anyone made this kind of deal? How did it go down? Anything else I should be checking?

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
Land of Cream Teas and Roast Dinners
I would say, save your money and your time. The date window is bad, the date wheel is bad, the insert is the wrong colour and I am pretty sure that disappointment will ensure. Especially when you know what you can get for a little extra cash.

stevier88

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/12/19
U.K
Still over paying and they’re pretty horrible. Stretch your budget a bit and get a vsf from a TD here that will last you.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
See if he'll do you a "3 for 1" deal, and it might be worth it. Though you'll still just be chucking money away for the sake of convenience.

Reactions: DC69

DC69

Patron
31/12/20
Thank you all for the feedback. No deal then.

Wolex

7/2/20
not a good buy or worth the money imo. These are the cheapist you find in the streets vendor imo

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Yikes, what horrid specimens they are. 90 bucks on dhgate those.

Spend some More time on the forum, it’ll become apparent what the “red flags” are on those watches don’t rush your first purchase

288 usd will get you a really nice tudor rep. Or an IWC

If you want to spend 150 usd I’d not bother getting a replica they don’t look or feel anything like the real thing. There’s probably some smart basic genuine watches you could buy in that budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
So these that you posted are $ 90 to $120 dh gate models.

I know how it goes but some of these reactions are nuts.

If these inexpensive models are what you're interested in, these aren't bad deals. For the $30 - 50 this guy is making off you, you get a watch that you can buy and wear today that is working instead of waiting 30 days for one that you hope is right and you hope works.

I tried the local classified for a few models before I found rwi and the way people reacted was crazy. I asked $500 for a noob I paid like $550 for and got a bunch of dms from people saying "what I rip off. I can go on dh gate and get a fake Rolex for $100" and a bunch of ridiculous nonsense like that.

If this is what you're looking for, it's not terrible. If you're looking for a good replica... These are terrible. It really does depend on what you want. $150ish isn't terrible for

But like everyone else here said, at this price point if you bump up your budget to even $250ish to 350 you'll get much more value for your money.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants
Concur with the above. These look to be the U1 models available on the gate which usually sell for about $100 or so after various coupon discounts. They used to sell for around $70 or so before they became "popular cheapies."

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
These are not good.
If you want a nice rep, don't want to spend too much, and don't want to wait too long you can always try Alex at Nemboscorner over at repgeek.
I have bought several reps from him and whereas they are not the high-end and (relatively) high price reps you see people fawn over here, for example ICHS instead of CHS, and have the flaws that we know they have, at first glance they are great and you need to look real close to tell that they are fake.

DkHelmet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/7/20
Southeast PA, US
I'd be curious about the list of suckage, as it were. I'm still learning.

Things that lept out to me, even though I'm not interested in subs:
  • rehaut font is bad
  • Lume is bad
  • Lume on hands irregular
  • SEL gap
  • pearl is dirty
  • Engraving on bezel is uneven
  • Bezel damage at 20
  • Font on dial is hilariously bad
  • Font on DW is bad
  • Gaps on bracelet
What did I miss?

Gds__Ares

Rolie Glitzer Glitzer
30/3/19
Austria
I'd be curious about the list of suckage, as it were. I'm still learning.

Things that lept out to me, even though I'm not interested in subs:
  • rehaut font is bad
  • Lume is bad
  • Lume on hands irregular
  • SEL gap
  • pearl is dirty
  • Engraving on bezel is uneven
  • Bezel damage at 20
  • Font on dial is hilariously bad
  • Font on DW is bad
  • Gaps on bracelet
What did I miss?

-Whole case is off
-Bezel numbers off ( colour and size )
-Bezel colour off
-Dial colour off
- bet there is no glidelock clasp as well.....

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
That dw Alone blinded me ....
Wearing that trash rep is a sure way to be called out publicly... save your self esteem hehehehe