• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC Pics - VSF 126610LV

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
Just received my QC pics.

I was not satisfied with:
- The uneven lume (hands look brighter than indices)
- Seemingly bad timing at +9 spd and 274 amplitude (the other VSF QCs I've seen all run at 0 to +1spd with >290 amplitude)

The cyclops also looks a LITTLE slanted to me. Is it just me, or the angle?

What do you all think?

Last edited by a moderator:

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
9s is not "bad timing". You can use the following link to check Timegrapher results but the OP results are within spec.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ssion/6910404-how-to-read-timegrapher-results

Also, the amplitude is fine at 274. 290 amp is possible but there is nothing at all bad with 274.

0 to +1spd is an unreasonable request from a gen, let alone a rep - Yes, it is possible, but can't be expected.

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
The thing with the rep movements is that you may get +-3 seconds in one position and then +10 in another position. That’s what you pay for with a Gen movement is good timing in all positions. +9 isn’t bad but they can prob get it a little closer. I usually aim for plus or minus 5. Some movements, especially unserviced rep movements just can’t stabilize that close to zero.

Last edited:

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
The thing with the rep movements is that you may get +-3 seconds in one position and then +10 in another position. That’s what you pay for with a Gen movement is good timing in all positions. +9 isn’t bad but they can prob get it a little closer. I usually aim for plus or minus 5. Some movements, especially unserviced rep movements just can’t stabilize that close to zero.

^^^^^ This

The watch is fine. Accept it.

^^^^^^ And this.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
And also, how many threads do you need to create for that question??

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
Many apologies, there was a problem with my browser which I believe caused multiple same threads to be created. I have gathered the duplicate threads and sent them to a moderator for removal.

UnluckyXIII

Known Member
22/8/17
Looks good and within tolerance, one thing to remember is that although a rep it’s still a £400 watch and should be judged accordingly (premium watches costing in the multiple thousands don’t achieve +/- 0 or 1).

Also one thing you’ll soon notice here is that for the most part the level of critique it’s extremely high (not a slight against the members) my friend who has a Rolex has never looked at the watch in the same detail or scrutiny, it’s part of the Rep hobby, a lot of the “niggles” that most highlight are likely to be unnoticeable at an on-the-wrist level so try not to let micro analysis of the current rep bring you down, accept and enjoy the watch :) (it’s a bit of a forum thing as we hunt for the GOAT out of the box replica).

Reactions: Pietros

eazye

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
+9 is fine as long as no error. Mine showed +9 too. IRL it’s like +1.5. Very surprised actually. Slightly slanted cyclops also fine. A lot of gens like that. Lum prob just not charged evenly or camera effect.

Seriously some people are way too serious about a cheap ass watch. Lolol