• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ROF Factory GMTs - Please share your thoughts

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
#116719 (black dial white gold) does not have the coronet between Swiss Made.
What we're looking at above is a #126710 on oyster bracelet.

That wasn't my point. The 116719 or 126719 have the gold engravings on case back (which the 126710 doesn't). So its not a 126710 (strictly speaking)

Lili

9/6/20
On an island
Well….

After all, it appears the dial seems to be a black night dial as depending on the light and orientation the blue is revealed.

9cb2ee6a1789ef710473eeb1a5c18596.jpg

What is seems also, is that I am a little disappointed by the steel quality and feeling, notably the bracelet. The case is fine, the crown run smooth, as does the bezel. But comparing to my
Noobs (116520 or 114060) or even my VSF 126610, I don’t have the same feeling at the touch of the steel.

I will keep it. No big deal about the dial finally. A little upset that the blue doesn’t match the one on all the TDs’ pics.

But you know. It is a rep, it arrived fast in casual 4PX shipment, the customs let it go. That’s ok. Everything is a matter of perspective in life.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
That wasn't my point. The 116719 or 126719 have the gold engravings on case back (which the 126710 doesn't). So its not a 126710 (strictly speaking)

I understand all that, but my point is any black dial with the coronet between Swiss and Made is a #126710. Rolex has now officially released the #126710 on oyster bracelet, which means Rep factories will soon do the same (without gold caseback markings), which is what many people have been waiting for. :)

Rolex Pepsi GMT stainless steel on oyster: https://www.rolex.com/watches/gmt-master-ii/m126710blro-0002.html

Last edited:

Steffen3010

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
3/9/18
Germany
Could anyone confirm that ROF uses the VR Movement? Most I found was VR…

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Lili

9/6/20
On an island
My 2 cents at the end of this day about this 126719 I received.

I consider this ROF as a OK rep. It is not excellent. But it is not a whole crap either.

Overall check : everything seems rightly placed. But the feeling is a little cheap to me. After so many Noob (116520, 114060, 116500, 116500 ARF modded, 116519) and a 126610 Kermit VSF, it appears there is a huge quality feeling gap. Something’s wrong. ROF doesn’t compete in the same league than them.

Bezel : the white of the font is not perfect indeed, but it might not be as grey as many Subs we find and for which forummates need to go with a CF bezel replacement to increase the genlike condition. The red and blue colours are nice with clear light reflects. The colour switch is ok to me, but i am not a 6 and 18 connection nazi. So that’s fine. It winds perfectly by the way. The alignment of everything at 12 looks properly straight to me.

Steel : They miss something here. I am not a steel engineer, but there is something different which bothers me. Couldn’t explain. Anyway the SEL don’t look fine at all and it seems like they don’t fit with the whole bracelet and looks like it’s a bad modding from a newb (like me).

Bracelet : Smooth and enjoyable but a little bit heavyer would have been a little bit more genlike i guess. Anyway, without the oil bath, it was easy to remove extra links to make her fit my wirst. Screws were easy to wind.

Dial : The hot topic is here for me. It is not genlike at all. The blue is a kind of a nightblue very very dark which is for me closer to black than to blue. When we look at the gen pics or even pics on IG with a #126719 request, we find totally different dials. The font is fine. The indices catch the light quickly and strongly. Everything seems ok and well balanced through dial space. But yeah the colour doesn’t match. At all. I can’t assume that we should look for the perfect angle or sunlight to observe the blue shades the dial is supposed to have.

Movement : a VR 3186 wich indicates -/+2s per day on the timegrapher sent with QCs. We’ll see. The winding seems pretty smooth. Date switch very responsible as per hours setting. No rotor noise at all. The crown itself is very smooth also. Everything seems to proper work together in perfect harmony.

Conclusion : A little upset after all. But I’ll keep it. In my opinion it is still a good 430 EUR rep. The thing is : i care my reps as my gens. A watch is alive, but i take good care of not mishandle them, crack them, hit them. I think this ROF will be the first in my collection to have a little less care than her sisters.

Cheers buddies !

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I understand all that, but my point is any black dial with the coronet between Swiss and Made is a #126710. Rolex has now officially released the #126710 on oyster bracelet, which means Rep factories will soon do the same (without gold caseback markings), which is what many people have been waiting for. :)

Rolex Pepsi GMT stainless steel on oyster: https://www.rolex.com/watches/gmt-master-ii/m126710blro-0002.html

Model number on this one in between the lugs will be 126719 also, but we get your point. When viewed from above it would have LOOKED LIKE a 126710 BLRO with oyster but you can achieve the same look by simply putting an oyster on a Noob 126710 with jubilee and all the caseback and lug engravings would be correct.

16230938344894.jpg

Reactions: cpd2186 and srhoque

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
My 2 cents at the end of this day about this 126719 I received.
Conclusion : A little upset after all. But I’ll keep it. In my opinion it is still a good 430 EUR rep. The thing is : i care my reps as my gens. A watch is alive, but i take good care of not mishandle them, crack them, hit them. I think this ROF will be the first in my collection to have a little less care than her sisters.

Cheers buddies !

GMF blue dial is pretty good IMO if you wanted to contemplate a dial change at some point.

15857604759560.jpg

Reactions: cpd2186

Lili

9/6/20
On an island
GMF blue dial is pretty good IMO if you wanted to contemplate a dial change at some point.

15857604759560.jpg

Not the one which would fit to get perfectly Genlike but there is nothing to compare between the « blue black » I had ans the beauty you sent I agree.

xox

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/4/11
Hi Lili, what Code does the clasp show - if it shows 138 it is supposed to be a NOOB bracelet?

xox

15/4/11
I know - I just wanted to have LiLi encouraged to double check if the bracelet has the same clasp code as his other NOOB watches - because he is complaining about the quality of the ROF Bracelet on his just received 126719 in comparison to a couple of the other NOOB watches he owns.

Reactions: Doc.77

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I know - I just wanted to have LiLi encouraged to double check if the bracelet has the same clasp code as his other NOOB watches - because he is complaining about the quality of the ROF Bracelet on his just received 126719 in comparison to a couple of the other NOOB watches he owns.

I think the more accurate way of describing this would be that ROF sources bracelets from the same maker as Noob did. Noob doesn't make bracelets and in fact isn't making anything right now as far as we know.

Its possible that the bracelet maker ROF and Noob used to source from was also raided and ROF may have had to start getting bracelets elsewhere. My ROF bracelet with 138 clasp code is fine, it is on par with some others I have - GMF, Noob, VRF.

Reactions: Lili

Lili

9/6/20
On an island

Hi buddy,

Yeah the check you suggested leads to the 138 code on it. I don’t eliminate the idea that I focus on some feelings based on a global disappointment. Typical man reasoning. But I just wanted to share how it feels to me. And I do compare. With a 116520 NOOB V3 I own for instance. And there is indeed something different regarding the finial render of my GMT compared to my Dayto. I don’t have the technical arguments to support this feedback but side by side, the watches don’t show the same render. I did’nt mention the clasp itself which seems strongly closing with an easylink extension well done also.

But you might have faced this buying reps. When you exit the watch from its wrapping protection it is staring right in your face and the first feeling of weight and finishing becomes obvious just before having removed the plastic. It happens.

Anyway, despite all that I still consider it worth the price paid. Main disillusion is about the dial which seems, for that point precisely, undeniable.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
I think the more accurate way of describing this would be that ROF sources bracelets from the same maker as Noob did. Noob doesn't make bracelets and in fact isn't making anything right now as far as we know.

Its possible that the bracelet maker ROF and Noob used to source from was also raided and ROF may have had to start getting bracelets elsewhere. My ROF bracelet with 138 clasp code is fine, it is on par with some others I have - GMF, Noob, VRF.

Well put KJ. Even my ROF bracelet is on par with my Noob bracelet(s). In fact, after the Spa treatment, it feels very nice and smooth on wrist.

Reactions: KJ2020

xox

15/4/11
mission accomplished - thank you Lili

Reactions: Lili

xox

15/4/11
would like to repeat a question addressing the much more experienced members of this forum - does a VRF Pepsi Jubilee fit on a Rof Batman or Pepsi? thank you