• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ROF Factory GMTs - Please share your thoughts

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Looks like ROF copied the meteorite digital dial from Rolex.com

Z6JhoE.jpg

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Thanks, I will be definitely be ordering this along with a base watch to replace it over with. I just need to figure out which that should be.

Use the Noob v11 case. The case polish, CG and rehaut is pretty good. On the new inserts, they are now using a proper hytrel gasket, so it should hold tight. Noob bracelets have also come a long way, the new ones are almost as good as ARF (clasp quality and finish).

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Use the Noob v11 case. The case polish, CG and rehaut is pretty good. On the new inserts, they are now using a proper hytrel gasket, so it should hold tight. Noob bracelets have also come a long way, the new ones are almost as good as ARF (clasp quality and finish).

everything visually looks good on Noob as they should for the price they're asking, but the movement timebomb is what's holding me back. Unless I'm confused about something and the v11 isn't a timebomb?

srhoque

28/11/18
everything visually looks good on Noob as they should for the price they're asking, but the movement timebomb is what's holding me back. Unless I'm confused about something and the v11 isn't a timebomb?

Order the Noob v11 Batman which comes with the VR3185 and order Pepsi insert seperately. Or get Noob v11 Pepai and ROF (for movement and dial potentially) in which case you will need a custom movement holder. That way, you can use best parts from each.

Note: Personally, I think the ROF could be a good base case also, we have to see if it takes the Noob insert. I am thinking about ordering one just for the Metorite dial and VR3185. I already have a Noob v11 Pepsi ready. While the Metorite dial color seems wrong, I like the shades of blue in it.

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Order the Noob v11 Batman which comes with the VR3185 and order Pepsi insert seperately. Or get Noob v11 Pepai and ROF (for movement and dial potentially) in which case you will need a custom movement holder. That way, you can use best parts from each.

Note: Personally, I think the ROF could be a good base case also, we have to see if it takes the Noob insert. I am thinking about ordering one just for the Metorite dial and VR3185. I already have a Noob v11 Pepsi ready. While the Metorite dial color seems wrong, I like the shades of blue in it.

Did not know their Batman has a vr3185, I think this might be the best way to go! Especially since the crystal clarity and cyclops also seems to be head and shoulders above VRF/ROF

Reactions: srhoque

srhoque

28/11/18
Did not know their Batman has a vr3185, I think this might be the best way to go! Especially since the crystal clarity and cyclops also seems to be head and shoulders above VRF/ROF

True, I prefer the Noob hands too

Reactions: Duckber

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
True, I prefer the Noob hands too

So I'm looking into the Noob with the vr3185 and unfortunately I can't find any listings for it on TD pages such as PT or Trusty. Might you have a link?

edit: seems like the vr3185 is another name for the A3186?

double edit: Going for a Batman would leave me with a blue seconds hand... mmmm

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I'll also add, gotta admit the flush end links on the Noob makes it kind of a bummer.

Noob Batman vs ROF Pepsi
Z6cGMo.png

Z6cSgJ.png

ROF bracelet receeds quite nicely while Noob's is flush... 11 iterations in and still an issue!

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
I'll also add, gotta admit the flush end links on the Noob makes it kind of a bummer.

Noob Batman vs ROF Pepsi
Z6cGMo.png

Z6cSgJ.png

ROF bracelet receeds quite nicely while Noob's is flush... 11 iterations in and still an issue!

I’d say keep it simple, ROF Pepsi + Gen or Prof Xtal and you might be good to go. I’m going to do a mini review on the ROF once it arrives. Hopefully the bracelet is nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I’d say keep it simple, ROF Pepsi + Gen or Prof Xtal and you might be good to go. I’m going to do a mini review on the ROF once it arrives. Hopefully the bracelet is nice!

I think this is a good way to go. Looking forward to your review!

Reactions: saucin

shel504

Renowned Member
26/5/20

Looking forward to the review. I'm currently trying to decide between the ROF or the VRF LN. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020 and saucin

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
On a related note, are GMT crystals the same proportion as Sub crystals? Would these be able to take a VSF 116610 crystal if I wanted to experiment?

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
On a related note, are GMT crystals the same proportion as Sub crystals? Would these be able to take a VSF 116610 crystal if I wanted to experiment?

Yes they have the same size but on gen the Sub crystal is 2.0mm thick and the GMT 1.8mm, not sure how thick those two rep crystals are so could be that you need a different gasket because of crystal height

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Yes they have the same size but on gen the Sub crystal is 2.0mm thick and the GMT 1.8mm, not sure how thick those two rep crystals are so could be that you need a different gasket because of crystal height

Great info, thank you

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
I went ahead and ordered the ROF Pepsi. I’ll post some approved QC pics once I receive them.

Have you received the QCs? I bought the PEPSI on Wednesday, but still nothing.

Inviato dal mio MI 8 utilizzando Tapatalk