• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ROF Factory GMTs - Please share your thoughts

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Trusty just posted these. Uses VR3185, inserts look great (the Pepsi has the cranberry shade in some pics), rehaut engraving is decent and gold models has proper engravings on back (just like Noob v11). We need more pics to confirm but overall looks promising. Meteorite dial color looks off (that maybe just lighting white balance) but it has the right gold border in DW (could be a good base for franken). Dial printing could be crisper too.

Batman 116710: https://trustytime.io/index.php?main...ducts_id=22557

116710: https://trustytime.io/index.php?main...ducts_id=22556

Pepsi Gold 126719: https://trustytime.io/index.php?main...ducts_id=22555

Pepsi Gold 116719: https://trustytime.io/index.php?main...ducts_id=22554

Pepsi Meteorite 126719: https://trustytime.io/index.php?main...ducts_id=22553

Last edited:
Reactions: kennygconspiracy

macarone

Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Looks like I’ll take another sip lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Ah.. the GMT Masonry Paint dial.. not for me.

I wonder if they'll cobble a jubilee together and give us another SS Pepsi option.

Reactions: John Abel

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
I'm 99% sure the Pepsi insert is the same one we see on the VRF models, very dark blue and speedbumps are visible in some shots

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
I'm 99% sure the Pepsi insert is the same one we see on the VRF models, very dark blue and speedbumps are visible in some shots

Agreed. Unlike Noob which seems to have it's own Pepsi insert process in house, I bet VRF contracted with a factory that is willing to sell to others. So "ROF" pops up and offers essentially the VRF Max for significantly less. Some early VRF Pepsi Max examples had outrageously bad rehaut engraving. It's hard to tell how the rehaut is on these, but it looks OK (if a little thin) to me.

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Inserts on the BLNR and LN look really, really going. Indices are remarkably round and look very gen. Hmm....the movement has a blue spring, okay reversing gears...looks decent. Crystal looks pretty bad since we're used to VSF now. Andrew looked like he had a rough time turning the bezel. Lume is meh.

Need big bro KJ2020 to complete his investigation.
giphy.gif

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
Looking forward to Sir KJ’s take on this, esp the Pepsi and the meteorite, he he

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
I want it with the jubilee bracelet!!!

Inviato dal mio MI 8 utilizzando Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
At first glance these look a lot like the VRF GMTs and share a lot of the same qualities. The case shape, lugs, CGs, dial, hands, crystal/cyclops, and insert all look a lot like VRF.

Z62qyL.jpg

Z62arW.jpg

A big plus for the ROF of course is its movement. The VR3185 is the gold standard and all factories should be using it.

All of the the ROF inserts look decent. The Pepsi could be from the same source VRF uses. The LN looks good, maybe even CF like VRF is using. And the Batman looks just like the Pepsi in different colors. The Batman insert is arguably one of the best around now next to ARF. The 1 serifs are correct, little to no speed bumps, good blue color and font thickness. 18 transition is a little low but that's better than high and it eliminates a speed bump at 18. Even some recent ARFs have this low 18 transition.

Z625GJ.jpg

I initially thought it could be a VRF case but on closer inspection there are some differences that say no. First, the ROF Pepsi case has hallmarks that are very well done on the underside of the case lugs. The VRF does not. The ROF case resembles the Noob case too, which does have the hallmarks on the Pepsi, but Noob's are not as good.

Z62Lik.jpg

Z62eCo.jpg

Second, the ROF rehaut engraving is different from VRF. It's better quality and not rough like the VRF, although it is a little thin.

Z62WLP.jpg

So the ROF case looks pretty good to me although I did notice a little bit of CG asymmetry in most of Trusty's still shots. The left CG is clearly narrower in these pics, although this may have been the same sample used for this pic for all the models. Maybe just a one off case.

Z62o3Q.jpg

The ROF CGs did look fine in all of the videos. The ROF coronet on the crown looks good.

Z62IwR.jpg

All the ROF clasp codes are 138, which Noob uses on its Pepsi's. VRF clasps are 6MW.

SEL recess is there, at least it's not flush.

Z622cD.jpg

The ROF crystal like the VRF Max is junk. The dials are OK (more about the meteorite later). The hands look better than the second batch of VRF hands but not as good as the first. ROF hands have a slightly smaller profile, have thicker borders and smaller lume plots than the VRF first batch. The first batch VRF Pepsi hands were better.

VRF first batch on right, second batch on left.

Z1zEAR.jpg

The meteorite dial looks like a pattern dial that will be the same on every sample like BP/GMF. DJF meteorite dials are all unique. It's also a wrong color blue, though some gen dials have bluish tints in them. It's hard to tell if there's any texture in this dial. At least they have a "WG" frame around the date window. Overall, I like the way this looks. The blue tints in the dial look very cool and I could wear this no problem as I place far more emphasis on whether I like what I see on my wrist than on whether it looks like a gen.

Z62i7S.jpg

I may well pick up one of these if for no other reason than to scavenge the date frame for my other meteorite build and then mod this into a different GMT. I still have a bunch of ideas floating around in my head, haha. Working on this one now. It will get a brown GMT hand and a brown leather strap.

Z6Aj0v.jpg

The ROF GMT looks like a worthwhile offering to me.

Last edited:

shel504

Renowned Member
26/5/20
Nice review from the pics. I had a VRF LN as one of my next pick ups. After picking apart the pics to the best of my abilities, I'm leaning more towards the ROF now I think

Reactions: Doc.77 and KJ2020

Bobi01

2/2/19
KJ2020 thanks for your review,what do you think about ROF batman dial and ROLEX print? Should it be bolder or with different letter?

Reactions: KJ2020

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
At first glance these look a lot like the VRF GMTs and share a lot of the same qualities. The case shape, lugs, CGs, dial, hands, crystal/cyclops, and insert all look a lot like VRF.....
The ROF GMT looks like a worthwhile offering to me.

Great review! Thank you for the extensive input! Always appreciate your analysis [mention]KJ2020 [/mention] . I too, was impressed with the inserts on their offerings and I’m tempted to scoop up their Pepsi and try it out. Do you think that’d be a wise decision vs the Noob V11?

My “Tin Foil Hat” has me wondering if this offering is similar to the RXF submariner one.... perhaps it’s a precursor to a VSF release... most likely not, but you never know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrlemonjello

Known Member
22/4/20
I notice that the caseback on this (and more so on the Noob V11) protrudes a bit. Per a search, the VRF seems to protrude a little too. On my ARF it's completely flush with the case. Are the gens flush?