• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF Oyster Perpetual - 124300

watchpit

🍌 go bananas 🍌
Certified
24/4/19
EU
At first they look really solid - good comparison with the reds but any news when ARF and other releasing their 124300?

I am very locking forward what they manufacture ootb

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
ZE5TW2.jpg
ZE5XQE.jpg

EDIT: this turned out to be EWF. Not GMF. The seller didn't know what he was selling.

Last edited:

vsigala

3/10/18
Southern California
seems good.. how is in person? 41 or 36?

It's a 41mm and the bracelet is better than EWF's (since I've owned both). The EWF bracelet rattles a bit and seems lighter in weight than the ROF bracelet. The ROF bracelet is smoother and more refined on the edges with little rattle. As for the dial, after wearing it for a while I've noticed that the dial color is more of a "school bus" yellow. While the EWF dial is a lighter shade of yellow, I think prefer the EWF dial. Lastly, the coronet at 12 and dial printing is definitely better on the ROF dial.

Reactions: Doc.77

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
ZNZDS8.jpg
ZNZjeK.jpg
ZNDgCR.jpg
ZNDcmL.jpg
ZNZhy4.jpg
ZNZzrv.jpg
ZNZ3E1.jpg
ZNZKHj.jpg
ZNZ24I.jpg
ZNZAcc.jpg
ZNZemX.jpg
ZNZ5Pi.jpg

Above are pics of EWF Tiffany OP41.

Some thoughts on this piece.

Good:
1. Very high quality finish on the case and bracelet (Although it rattles when shaking).
2. Finish on the dial and hands is very good
3. Bezel thickness seems okay to me!
4. SEL recess looks decent to me.
5. Dial color is beautiful! And seems pretty close to gen to me. It looks more turquoise-ish indoor and more sky bluish outdoor. Very interesting. I compared the dial color indoor against Rolex's product page and it's almost an exact match. I am not claiming gen and rep dial color matches. I am just saying the gmf dial color matches the product photo Rolex put out when indoor.

Bad:
​​​​​​1. Text on the dial is rather pretty flat. Gen looks more raised in pics
2. "RP" in PERPETUAL is bolder than the rest of the text and they are too stuck to each other compared to gen. This to me isn't a big deal but it is noticeable when you look for it
3. Crown threads = shitty
4. Movement... So this supposedly comes with Hanzhou 7 series. It feels like shit when winding and the rotor is quite loud. However, I tested the power reserve and it came in at 85 hours. During this entire duration, it gained only about 8 to 9 seconds.
5. Coronet shape looks a bit skinny compared to gen.
6. Minute hand seems about... 0.1 or 0.2mm shorter than gen. Pretty close tho.
7. I found out that the diameter is slightly smaller in size than gen. I measured mine and it came in at around 39.5mm. I believe gen is around 39.7mm.

Last edited:

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Hey guys so I have a question -

Which factory makes OP 41 with clasp code 5CH?

I don't think mine is GMF after all. GMF uses K3W clasp code and mine says 5CH

Any information would be great!

Thanks guys!

D1m1tr1

Known Member
14/1/19
Hey guys so I have a question -

Which factory makes OP 41 with clasp code 5CH?

I don't think mine is GMF after all. GMF uses K3W clasp code and mine says 5CH

Any information would be great!

Thanks guys!

Ahh sorry Im a noob! Can't share it with the specific time. Please roll to 2:51

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Ahh sorry Im a noob! Can't share it with the specific time. Please roll to 2:51

Omg Thank you! Mine must be EWF then haha

Do you know what the watch on the left was? I think he kept saying KRF but I am not 100% sure.

Reactions: D1m1tr1

maxmix

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/11/16
United Kingdom
Hi I've been going to buy one for the last month or 2, i'm not too fussed about the cheaper movement so which one do I buy ? I'm going for the turquoise blue one !

Thanks

maxmix

nasar73

26/8/18
Appreciate the post. Great rep and a nice piece to have in gen.
After a close look I am going to guess Gen is on the right? Initially I thought gen was on the left but the lugs seem a bit sharper on the right.

How does the Bezel compare to the gen?
Congrats on your purchase.

jcf97

Looking Around
13/4/20
Hi, I’m looking at purchasing one of these watches. Maybe the green but probably the Tiffany blue. Which factory should I go for? GMF OR EWF? Thanks for your options.