• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 or wait for 124060?

UnluckyXIII

Known Member
22/8/17
Initially I was hoping to pick up a 124060 but there doesn’t appear to be a good release at the moment and recent posts give the impression that we could be months/year away from the VSF one.

I’m not a huge fan of the cyclops and after reading/seeing some horror stories about date alignment, poor magnification, blue tint to the bubble I’ve never been a fan of going for 116610/126610 because of these fears... but from what I can tell the most recent VSF release is possibly one of the best reps to have ever launched at the TD’s and it’s peaked my interest somewhat...

If you were in my position what would you do, wait for a high quality 124060 or bite the bullet and pick up a 126610 even if I’m not a huge fan of the cyclops on a watch (does it grow on you and how good is the VSF vs Gen?). Or, pick up the previous 114060?

Russkiy Doc

Horology Curious
5/4/14
Personally, I'm waiting for the VSF release of their 124060. It may be months away ... I can wait. Looking forward to seeing new Clean Factory 124060 variant also.

Reactions: Doc.77

CJS57

7/9/20
Me too, waiting for VSF no date sub. The only good option otherwise is a ZZF V3 No Date with Prof crystal. It is not bad without the crystal. At least you can have one now. Then sell it here when the new model comes out.

the_don_robinson

20/4/12
Did much change on the gens between the 114060 and the 124060 ? (If I have my model numbers right!)

:)

Sent from my XQ-AS52 using Tapatalk

UnluckyXIII

Known Member
22/8/17
Did much change on the gens between the 114060 and the 124060 ? (If I have my model numbers right!)

:)

Sent from my XQ-AS52 using Tapatalk

A few, the big ones were the case growing from 40mm to 41mm (not actually a full mm in size difference though), they also slimmed the lugs, added a larger bracelet that doesn’t taper, the dial now has the logo between “Swiss Made” at 6 o’clock, new 3230 movement, there are probably a few other changes too but these come to mind.

After sitting on the fence I decided to bite the bullet and try the VSF 126610LN, the rep simply looks too good not to try it and I can always flip-it if/when a 124060 lands if I’ve not found it to my liking.

Last edited:

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
If you were in my position what would you do, wait for a high quality 124060 or bite the bullet and pick up a 126610 even if I’m not a huge fan of the cyclops on a watch (does it grow on you and how good is the VSF vs Gen?). Or, pick up the previous 114060?

Get all three and you don't have to worry about this difficult question anymore.

Reactions: Ralphy

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
If you were in my position what would you do

Only you can decide that.

Edit - just saw your username. Get the VSF 122610 LN.

I'm not sure what 'horror stories' you have read about date wheel and magnification, but they don't apply to this watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: UnluckyXIII

Manuel.b

Renowned Member
15/1/21
Italia
Anche io sto aspettando impazientemente il rilascio da parte di VSF del modello 124060 no-date.
in alternativa sto comunque seguoendo il VSF 126610.
Il mio più grande dilemma è sempre e solo lo stesso, fa chi acquistare?! Seguo molto Puretime ed Intime, voi di chi vi fidate?

wildhunter84

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/9/20
You shouldn't get something you don't like as a replacement/substitute. You will definitely regret it. IMO the date and non date model cater to very different audience, one cannot replace another.

CORBY1973

Horology Curious
25/10/17
Anche io sto aspettando impazientemente il rilascio da parte di VSF del modello 124060 no-date.
in alternativa sto comunque seguoendo il VSF 126610.
Il mio più grande dilemma è sempre e solo lo stesso, fa chi acquistare?! Seguo molto Puretime ed Intime, voi di chi vi fidate?

io acquisto sempre da Jtime e devo dirti che è anche veloce la consegna ....mai aspettato più di 18 giorni dopo la conferma delle foto

Reactions: Manuel.b

Manuel.b

Renowned Member
15/1/21
Italia
io acquisto sempre da Jtime e devo dirti che è anche veloce la consegna ....mai aspettato più di 18 giorni dopo la conferma delle foto

Io sinceramente mi sto approcciando adesso in questo mondo, finora sono andato avanti ad homage ma sinceramente non mi accontento più.
Non mi vergogno a dire che non voglio spendere 12.000 euro per un orologio, ma quello che più mi infastidisce è farsi mettere in lista per acquistarne uno, tutte le speculazioni che gli girano in torno...quindi solo rep.
Ho letto molte discussioni sul forum, anche se personalmente non conosco nessuno, sinceramente vedo che qui è pieno di utenti molto professionali e che di orologi ci capisco davvero, quindi mi fido.
Ripeto vorrei acquistarne uno ma sto ancora valutando il TD a cui affidarmi e ovviamente si accettano consigli.

Caesar95

Horology Curious
28/9/20
Well provided they don’t get snitched on to the authorities by other factories (a pretty high likelihood given how popular their models have been)

zyu4rwi

6/6/15
Initially I was hoping to pick up a 124060 but there doesn’t appear to be a good release at the moment and recent posts give the impression that we could be months/year away from the VSF one.

I’m not a huge fan of the cyclops and after reading/seeing some horror stories about date alignment, poor magnification, blue tint to the bubble I’ve never been a fan of going for 116610/126610 because of these fears... but from what I can tell the most recent VSF release is possibly one of the best reps to have ever launched at the TD’s and it’s peaked my interest somewhat...

I just ordered an VSF Submariner 41mm 126610 LN from JTime on 15-Jan-2021. I also a bit nerves as I was trying to avoid Date Version Sub for years ever since my first Rep's horrible DW, but based on the review this VSF Submariner 41mm 126610 LN DW is perfect.

P.S: My Gen is Date Version, My Rep is non-Date version, sometime just miss the date when wearing Rep. Hope this VSF Sub & Jtime QC dont fail my little confident on DW.

Reactions: UnluckyXIII

UnluckyXIII

Known Member
22/8/17
I just ordered an VSF Submariner 41mm 126610 LN from JTime on 15-Jan-2021. I also a bit nerves as I was trying to avoid Date Version Sub for years ever since my first Rep's horrible DW, but based on the review this VSF Submariner 41mm 126610 LN DW is perfect.

P.S: My Gen is Date Version, My Rep is non-Date version, sometime just miss the date when wearing Rep. Hope this VSF Sub & Jtime QC dont fail my little confident on DW.

It’s always been my main concern, I’ve looked at Reps a few times over the years (buying my first “good” TD one back in 2017) but I’ve had a couple of Subs where both the cyclops and date window were terrible so I was reluctant to go for one when spending more money just in case it turned out to be terrible, but from everything I’ve seen so far from VSF they are looking very good out of the box. Mine landed in the UK over the weekend so hopefully I should get it this week and can upload some photos.

zyu4rwi

6/6/15
It’s always been my main concern, I’ve looked at Reps a few times over the years (buying my first “good” TD one back in 2017) but I’ve had a couple of Subs where both the cyclops and date window were terrible so I was reluctant to go for one when spending more money just in case it turned out to be terrible, but from everything I’ve seen so far from VSF they are looking very good out of the box. Mine landed in the UK over the weekend so hopefully I should get it this week and can upload some photos.

Wow.... you bought the VSF Submariner 41mm 126610 already...
And it landed in the UK.
:DThat is Great:D

After decades of waiting, hope this time round VSF get it right consistently. And I will be VSF loyal customer.
Do share some photo with us

I was planning to get ARF 114060 for their best quality, especially the buckle. but after reading all the reviews about this VSF Submariner 41mm 126610.
I think I should not get another improved No-Date Sub, but try my luck straight for Date version.
For me, I am waiting for QC picture from Jtime.

UnluckyXIII

Known Member
22/8/17
Wow.... you bought the VSF Submariner 41mm 126610 already...
And it landed in the UK.
:DThat is Great:D

After decades of waiting, hope this time round VSF get it right consistently. And I will be VSF loyal customer.
Do share some photo with us

I was planning to get ARF 114060 for their best quality, especially the buckle. but after reading all the reviews about this VSF Submariner 41mm 126610.
I think I should not get another improved No-Date Sub, but try my luck straight for Date version.
For me, I am waiting for QC picture from Jtime.

Really impressed with the turn around by Andrew and the Trusty Time team, I only QC’d on the 8th so to have it land in the UK within 9 days is simply amazing!

The amount of positivity around the VSF 126610 made it a no brainer for me, I’d always avoided the cyclops/date because it never looked right to me (at least when I last shopped for a Sub) but from all the reviews and photos it looks amazing! I honestly can’t wait to get it in-hand and to take some photos for everyone here.