• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pepsi Meteorite project

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
So i was working with company that does the platings on the watches as there are no such thing as white gold plating my only options are either rhodium but it's too white/bright and platinum which is fairly close and will add some "weight"... but it's so thin i don't think it will be much...
Platinum is very nice, super durable should easily last 10 years but it doesn't have that "yellow" tint like white gold has.

What do you guys think should I go platinum or leave it stainless ? Cost wise I'm looking at +/- 800$

Not sure if it's worth it.

Last edited:
Reactions: macarone

rockdaytona

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
So i was working with company that does the platings on the watches as there are no such thing as white gold plating my only options are either rhodium but it's too white/bright and platinum which is fairly close will add some "weight" bit it's so thin i don't think it will be much... Platinum is very nice, super durable should easily last 10 years but it doesn't have that "yellow" tint or whatever to call it the white gold has.

What do you guys think should I go platinum or leave it stainless ? Cost wise I'm looking at +/- 800$

Might be too subtle to notice

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
So i was working with company that does the platings on the watches as there are no such thing as white gold plating my only options are either rhodium but it's too white/bright and platinum which is fairly close and will add some "weight"... but it's so thin i don't think it will be much...
Platinum is very nice, super durable should easily last 10 years but it doesn't have that "yellow" tint like white gold has.

Ask someone else, flying tommy is plating white gold on rolex cases I.e.

Redheart

17/5/19

800 doughs for platinum i don't think that's worth the cost IMHO.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I saw the thread you've posted in the other thread and I've been obsessing over this watch.

I actually really liked the meteorite dial on the LN. Looks wise. I know it's not very gen like though.

But this is a beautiful build and amazing project. Can't wait for this to finish.

Keep posting pics.

Oh, and I thought you bought a BP dial and modified it. Where did you get that hunk of meteorite?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
I saw the thread you've posted in the other thread and I've been obsessing over this watch.

I actually really liked the meteorite dial on the LN. Looks wise. I know it's not very gen like though.

But this is a beautiful build and amazing project. Can't wait for this to finish.

Keep posting pics.

Oh, and I thought you bought a BP dial and modified it. Where did you get that hunk of meteorite?

DJF dial arrived today and installed it while real deal is being done.

I got it from a friend in europe.

Anyway here how it looks like atm:
Z6ZAfL.jpg
Z6Z2QQ.jpg
Z6ZehR.jpg
Z6ZhUS.jpg
Z6Z5n8.jpg
Z6ZUuK.jpg
Z6ZaZv.jpg
Z6ZiI1.jpg

Last edited:

StJin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/19
FR/USA
Wow! I mean WOW!!!

props to your mad skills! As a hobbyist machinist, I can't even imagine...

Side note: I thought the transition in the insert at the number 18 was supposed to take place just at/inside the number 8? I realize most say the NOOB insert is superior to the VRF, but what's the story on the transition point?

Last edited:
Reactions: Oascom

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Wow! I mean WOW!!!

props to your mad skills! As a hobbyist machinist, I can't even imagine...

Side note: I thought the transition in the insert at the number 18 was supposed to take place just at/inside the number 8? I realize most say the NOOB insert is superior to the VRF, but what's the story on the transition point?

Yeah noob is a little too high. But trust me on wrist it's not noticable. Pictures magnifie everything 100x.

Some say noob insert is too dark. It might be the case with regular pepsi but meteorite dial version is slightly darker so noob looks perfect.

Here is noob vs vrf max vs djf or bp insert:

VaderTime

9/10/17
Wow, this is insanely gorgeous! Do you have to make a mold and balloon to paint the letters?

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Looks amazing brother. Looks absolutely stunning. But next time the sun is shinning we need to see some pics of this in the sunlight.

Oh God I can picture it already. Amazing.

Reactions: stufuse

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Amazing work! Can’t compliment it enough :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Oascom