• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116610 Franken Project: which case between V6F V2 and ZF?

NicDeMa7

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
28/5/19
I make this thread to ask you for advice regarding making a Franken 116610.

I hope this comparison has not already been dealt with, otherwise you can delete it;)

I'm evaluating the best case, currently on the market.

I have come to narrow the field to these two, the new V6F V2 and the ZF, keeping the new CLEAN (Alias ​​ZZF) on the bench for now.

Hearing some opinions, the case used by the V6F on the V2 is the VS case with improved rehaut (it is also written at the bottom of the intime description that V6, VS and XF are the same factory).

V6F V2:
https://www.intime05.co/rollie/7854...1-1-best-edition-vs3135-v2-free-rubber-b.html

ZF:
https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=22141

Here are my personal advantages / disadvantages of the two speakers, I kindly await your opinions:

V6F V2:
- Beautiful case, looks as thin as gen, without any particular flaws.
- High quality bracelet (if like the VS) that fits well with the case
- Low cost of the watch
- Resale of other parts? All I need is the case..

ZF:
- Very nice case, I think it has been rated the best to date
- Ugly bracelet, you have to change it with the ARF (which should be thickly fine)
- High cost of the watch
- Resale of other parts? All I need is the case..

I leave the Clean case on the bench for now, because it seems to have small imperfections (especially in the CG area)

What do you say?

Thank you all

Shany

24/6/19
Clean / zzf Case shouldnt be used for Franken.
Cgs wrong and i think the dimensions Are Not as same as gen.

V6f = vs ? Never heard about this.

Zf ugly bracelet ? Whats wrong ?

Would use VS or ZF.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I believe V6F is the same case as VSF. You want VSF (or v6f if the rehaut is better but the bracelet may not be the same). ZF, ZZF/Clean, ARF, Noob.. all no no. I dont know why you'd bother with afranken anyway, VSF has nailed it and is the best Sub rep ever (many of us agree). If you must, I'd start with VSF as base, you got best case and best bracelet and best crystal, great dial, perfect bezel etc etc...

Reactions: federik91

Shany

24/6/19
Zf has better Rehaut than Vsf if thats Important.

NicDeMa7

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
28/5/19
Clean / zzf Case shouldnt be used for Franken.
Cgs wrong and i think the dimensions Are Not as same as gen.

V6f = vs ? Never heard about this.

Zf ugly bracelet ? Whats wrong ?

Would use VS or ZF.

Read at the bottom of the Intime link description, they say it. More competent friends than me who have taken the ZF have said that the bracelet is not at the level of ARF, in fact they have mounted the latter

NicDeMa7

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
28/5/19
I believe V6F is the same case as VSF. You want VSF (or v6f if the rehaut is better but the bracelet may not be the same). ZF, ZZF/Clean, ARF, Noob.. all no no. I dont know why you'd bother with afranken anyway, VSF has nailed it and is the best Sub rep ever (many of us agree). If you must, I'd start with VSF as base, you got best case and best bracelet and best crystal, great dial, perfect bezel etc etc...

It is almost the same case, but with improved flange.
I just need the case to change to my 116610LV, I made a thread recently, which currently has Noob V7 case but I don't really like how the bracelet fits on the lugs

The Infinite

Horology Curious
26/9/20
Would the arf or gen bracelet fit on zf case? I heard it won’t fit onto vsf case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NicDeMa7

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
28/5/19
On the ZF case the ARF bracelet fits perfectly, on the V6F (VS) I don't know, but the VS bracelet was already of the highest quality so keep that

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Hard to say i would go with V6F if its the same case as VSF with fixxed rehaut. ZF is also not bad but for franken, i dont know the case is a little to slim.

MilleMiglia513

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
11/12/20
I just came across the V6F earlier and was wondering what it was about. Says it’s the same factory as VSF, and also says to use the VS3135 movement, but it’s cheaper? I don’t get it...

Shany

24/6/19
Hard to say i would go with V6F if its the same case as VSF with fixxed rehaut. ZF is also not bad but for franken, i dont know the case is a little to slim.

to slim ? where did you read that ?

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
From a review if you compare the two cases the ZF is slightly slimmer looking. But it's not really that much but for Franken hm yeah hard to say.

Shany

24/6/19
From a review if you compare the two cases the ZF is slightly slimmer looking. But it's not really that much but for Franken hm yeah hard to say.

can you show me that review please ?
i wanted to buy the HULK and franken it with LN after finding all needed components. would be bad if things wont fit :D

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
i wanted to buy the HULK and franken it with LN after finding all needed components. would be bad if things wont fit :D

VSF crown guards are better than ZF. ZF has better rehaut. You choose.

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
ZF crown guards are only fractionally different to VSF and that’s from first hand experience not looking at pics and also ZF rehaut engraving is the best so far. Either case is great to be honest so it’s down to what you want really.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13

Let me look after it when iam at home, its hard to look with tapertalk.

xjjamess

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/9/20
Consider selling me the case that you wont be using? Please PM me when ready. Thank you. Good luck with build.