• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory New Submariner Series Review (Incl. Comparison Pics vs Gen)

GIUSERT

Horology Curious
17/6/21
ITALY
Hi I'm new, today I'm going to buy a Submariner no data, CLEAN FACTORY. As soon as I receive the photos I will send them to help me with the purchase. Thanks I will keep you updated

Fedon06

Known Member
31/8/20
M Town
Hey, has anyone handled a Clean (114060 to be precise) and a Gen in hand together? Apart from crown guards, how is the general feel of Clean vs Gen? Does it feel off or it’s really good?

considering that Gen owners dont know the details of these watches as we do :D

Up up up

DougDoug

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/5/21
ZVKMNv.png
ZVK4BK.jpg

Just noticed that vsf S19 clasp has this huge shark whale or catfish mouth gap. Since clean is using arf clasp, i believe clean clasp do not have this problem. Any one can share a pic of their clean clasp on this photo shot angle? Thanks

Here you go:

Reactions: up2wind

DougDoug

5/5/21

Compared to Gen 116610LV, Clean 114060 felt really good.

Well, it's my first Rep but i'm impressed generally. Visually no differences to me, it's only when you touch it you can feel some different like bezel tightness and the movement when you wind it.

Visually no difference: On wrist, not with a loupe. With a loupe, even gen Rolex is not perfect. Perhaps a gen Lange will be perfect.

boaz_jachin

30/3/13
Has anyone figured out if they all have this copper colour underneath the hands?

I assumes you mean the copper colored Part between the hands... Thats actually brass and the cannon pinion. The Part were the hands are pressed on. As far as i know they all have this but on the wirst nobody can see this.

Vacco

22/5/19
I assumes you mean the copper colored Part between the hands... Thats actually brass and the cannon pinion. The Part were the hands are pressed on. As far as i know they all have this but on the wirst nobody can see this.

I never knew about it until now, does the GEN also have that?

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate

Here's a pic of a gen (found on a forum) that also have this "feature". It depends on the lighting, on the wrist it's really not noticeable.

(Note that CF accurately replicates the 2017 dial, just in case anybody's wondering about the font difference)

Knackundback

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
28/6/20
Germany, NRW
I got my QC pic today von Miro for my clean 114060, can I post it here for more opinions?

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

boaz_jachin

30/3/13

Yes gen also has it.

You have the cannon pinion which inside of it there is the second hand pinion (the little pin you put the seconds hand on). Then you have the hour wheel wich goes on top of the cannon pinion and wich holds the hour hand. The Minute Hand goes on the cannon pinion itself. The brass colored Part is most likely the hour wheel and it is brass on the gen as well. So i assume its not a flaw at all.

Last edited:

Knackundback

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
28/6/20
Germany, NRW
Yes gen also has it.

You have the cannon pinion wich and inside of it there is the second hand pinion (the little pin you put the seconds wheel on). The you have the hour wheel wich goes on top of the cannon pinion and wich holds the hour hand. The Minute Hand goes on the cannon pinion itself. The brass colored Part is most likely the hour wheel and it is brass on the gen as well. So i assume its not a flaw at all.

Thanks for this!

Sent from the RWI App

boaz_jachin

30/3/13
Here's a pic of a gen (found on a forum) that also have this "feature". It depends on the lighting, on the wrist it's really not noticeable.

(Note that CF accurately replicates the 2017 dial, just in case anybody's wondering about the font difference)

If thats the thing asked about, yes thats the hour wheel.

boaz_jachin

30/3/13
Once you remove the hands, it looks like this.

You van clearly see the brass hour wheel over the steel cannon pinion