• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory New Submariner Series Review (Incl. Comparison Pics vs Gen)

repreg123

7/8/19
My VSF Hulk from this year def got the cf v4.

I never had a cf sub in hand, but the vsf feels superb..

Last edited:

ZeroFive

Horology Curious
1/6/21
The pearl of the vsf bezel insert looks different. I thought it uses the same cf insert?

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
No, CF crystal is crap because of poor ar on cyclops. Probably ok for no date though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is this a recent fact based on May/June Or from the initial release (ie CG’s).

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
Is this a recent fact based on May/June Or from the initial release (ie CG’s).

I had one early April and the crystal was the same as previous ZZF version with poor ar. Cg’s were not any better either but the hulk above looks better but still not up there really.

Reactions: BOSSK

subhunter101

Known Member
1/6/16
Does anybody know if clean factory fixed the tall crownguards? or if its still the same as in the original pics on page 1 of this thread? I just ordered a clean 116610 from trustytime and want to know what to expect

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
Does anybody know if clean factory fixed the tall crownguards? or if its still the same as in the original pics on page 1 of this thread? I just ordered a clean 116610 from trustytime and want to know what to expect

If you scroll up and back a few pages you’ll find everything you need to conduct your own research and, even more exciting, your very own opinion :thumbsup:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I had one early April and the crystal was the same as previous ZZF version with poor ar. Cg’s were not any better either but the hulk above looks better but still not up there really.

Was the poor AR just on the DW or the crystal as a whole?

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
ZVKMNv.png
ZVK4BK.jpg

Just noticed that vsf S19 clasp has this huge shark whale or catfish mouth gap. Since clean is using arf clasp, i believe clean clasp do not have this problem. Any one can share a pic of their clean clasp on this photo shot angle? Thanks

Last edited:

subhunter101

Known Member
1/6/16
If you scroll up and back a few pages you’ll find everything you need to conduct your own research and, even more exciting, your very own opinion :thumbsup:

I did read the last few pages, it’s kinda murky. Some people are saying yes and some are saying no

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Poor ar on the cyclops bud. As it’s an 11 series it doesn’t have any ar on the whole crystal.

I'm having trouble understanding this AR on the crystal thing, because my VSF 11 series subs had way better crystal clarity than my previous ARFs and Noobs. But apparently there's no AR. Doesn't really explain why the clarity of the VSF crystal is so relatively good then.

Last edited: