• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory New Submariner Series Review (Incl. Comparison Pics vs Gen)

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Hello Sir. Can you comment on the difference of the crown guards for the crown guard team? :)

If you check Li’s first post that has good pics and gen comparison though they look worse there than IRL due to the plastic still on making them look more fatter.

Better than ZZF but still not there.

Liveable I think and maybe hard to notice without gen side by side.

Case shap and CG’s I’m having troubles seeing those differences they all always look almost same to me. Ie ARF fat case I still have no idea whats different there.

Reactions: thopie and jiro

mkatvvatt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/1/21
I like to collect perfumes and I have tried clones then I bought the original ones .
The clones are very close to original but what I noticed is these clones are stronger and more pronounced where the original is more balanced and settled.
So I thought this is could be applied for the replica watches as some factories exaggerate in finishing to make this looks like genuine one .
This can make the watch with more sharp edges and shiny surfaces so it looks like genuine but does not feel genuine.
My VSF hulk looks very genuine like but it doesn’t feel that genuine. Very bright finishing sharp edges and light on the wrist.
So they strive to make it looks perfect but forget more important things.
On the other hand I appreciate what other guys saying about clean fat case or CG but overall in wrist feels and looks decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
I like to collect perfumes and I have tried clones then I bought the original ones .
The clones are very close to original but what I noticed is these clones are stronger and more pronounced where the original is more balanced and settled.
So I thought this is could be applied for the replica watches as some factories exaggerate in finishing to make this looks like genuine one .
This can make the watch with more sharp edges and shiny surfaces so it looks like genuine but does not feel genuine.
My VSF hulk looks very genuine like but it doesn’t feel that genuine. Very bright finishing sharp edges and light on the wrist.
On the other hand I appreciate what other guys saying about clean fat case or CG but overall in wrist feels and looks decent.

How does Clean compare with your VSF?

FYI Clean does not have fat case it's ARF.

mkatvvatt

16/1/21
How does Clean compare with your VSF?

FYI Clean does not have fat case it's ARF.

VSF has sharp edges and crown and very shiny indices .
Clean sets nicer on the wrist and smooth all around and dial and hands looks very genuine.
The only thing I didn’t get is what is about CG ?

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
VSF has sharp edges and crown and very shiny indices .
Clean sets nicer on the wrist and smooth all around and dial and hands looks very genuine.
The only thing I didn’t get is what is about CG ?

If you check first post of this thread you can see side by sides with gen the curvature is a bit different from gen and they are not slanted on sides.

Reactions: thopie

mkatvvatt

16/1/21
If you check first post of this thread you can see side by sides with gen the curvature is a bit different from gen and they are not slanted on sides.

That doesn’t bother me at all . I haven’t even noticed it.
What do you think about yours.

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
That doesn’t bother me at all . I haven’t even noticed it.
What do you think about yours.

Doesn't bother me although could be better and shaped more like gen but you never look at them anyway you look dial, markers, hands, bezel, crystal when you look at your watch.

Should receive the Clean LN date also in a few days let's see how that is.

Reactions: BlackIceBob

mkatvvatt

16/1/21
Doesn't bother me although could be better and shaped more like gen but you never look at them anyway you look dial, markers, hands, bezel, crystal when you look at your watch.

Should receive the Clean LN date also in a few days let's see how that is.

What parts would you change in this watch ?

pabst33

Horology Curious
25/10/20
Put a gen crystal on, nothing else is needed :)

On a no date 114060, do you think that a gen crystal is needed? I have a ZZF "junior" (a v3 with the disgraced :eek: 316L bracelet) and sometimes I wonder if the crystal isn't a tiny bit cloudy.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
On a no date 114060, do you think that a gen crystal is needed? I have a ZZF "junior" (a v3 with the disgraced :eek: 316L bracelet) and sometimes I wonder if the crystal isn't a tiny bit cloudy.

IMO i wouldn't change it.

No rep crystal matches the black hole effect of the gen, but on a nodate... Naah, waste of money :)

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
What parts would you change in this watch ?

Nothing on this one at the moment maybe something starts to bother me later on and a gen crystal for the date versions.

But remember starting from first ZZF V2 no-date each version has been considered wear it as gen best rep OTB no mods needed. So once Clean V2 no-date comes out you'll be wondering how did you ever wore such a fake looking watch like a Clean V1.

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19

Btw I used TF Oud Wood body oil for oiling my Clean's bracelets makes them smooth and smell nicely :)

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
IMG-4940.jpg

nycwatchguy1989

15/1/16
East Coast
Has anyone seen a CLEAN Factory Hulk yet on the wrist yet post QC photos??? I have not which is kind of odd IMO. I've had a number of hulks (Noob V10, ZZF v2 and VSF) and now going CF. Will share the journey with you all!

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Has anyone seen a CLEAN Factory Hulk yet on the wrist yet post QC photos??? I have not which is kind of odd IMO. I've had a number of hulks (Noob V10, ZZF v2 and VSF) and now going CF. Will share the journey with you all!

Hulk QC are in this thread few pages back.

ADG

Horology Curious
24/2/21
Just ordered a CF Hulk from Li. Anyone here already have the new version? If so, any comments you can share?

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
That is some very nice hands !
Have they been updated on nod date? They didn't seemed that good on the first pictures of this topic

Yep they’re very nice.

They all have the same hands is my guess.

Have the LN date also and they’re identical.

And true on the Li’s first post they seemed like any other rep hands but probably due to the lightning and angle.

My guess is these are also from ARF like the bracelet.