• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory New Submariner Series Review (Incl. Comparison Pics vs Gen)

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Does anyone have a CF VSF and Gen they can compare and review?

I think the CF looks great but haven't seen the VSF. My ZZF V3 is pretty damn close to my Gen.

Sent from my RMX2075 using Tapatalk

The CF does not look great. It looks like a GMT II wearing a sub bezel and dial. It’s bad and it’s poor quality with nasty sharp edges all over it feels like a toy.

Clean is ZZF. They had to change their name just recently because they were ripping people off (selling 316L as 904L) and lost face.

Here is review comparison between ZZF, VSF and genuine I did earlier..

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...enuine-and-zzf

Last edited:
Reactions: acer1113

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
The CF does not look great. It looks like a GMT II wearing a sub bezel and dial. It’s bad and it’s poor quality with nasty sharp edges all over it feels like a toy.

Clean is ZZF. They had to change their name just recently because they were ripping people off (selling 316L as 904L) and lost face.

To me dial color and sunburst is important,so best would be for me zf?

Raelman007

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/5/20

Thanks for the review.

What is the VSF 114060 called. I can't seem to find them for sale of jtime or trustytime.
I know the 114060 from Zzf is the V2s or V3 or now CF.

Thanks

Sent from my RMX2075 using Tapatalk

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Hi everything,

I received my QC from my TD. I am unsure about the rehaut alignment. As far as you know, are there examples with better rehaut alignment ?

​​​

Could be slightly better but its okay at least for me.

My no-date and date both you can see couple of pages back. No-date was perfect and date a bit off but nothing out of what you can see on some gens as well.

Reactions: Luxus564

wildhunter84

30/9/20
Not crying.. laughing at the ignorance of Clean ZZF buyers buying (poorly made but expensive) GMTmariners because A. they don’t know what a Sub looks like and B. are ignorant of what’s right under their nose for less money! You are in this group? :spit:

Losing respect for you everyday dude, we know your work, we know your stance. Yet you insist on slamming your opinion on every possible post out there. Not getting enough attention elsewhere?

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Losing respect for you everyday dude, we know your work, we know your stance. Yet you insist on slamming your opinion on every possible post out there. Not getting enough attention elsewhere?

No I'm craving attention.

I find this denial bizarre, we all want the best rep, so why buy 5/10 when 9/10 is available for less money.. then deny it and shoot down anyone when they try to let you know better is out there and it costs much less (and actually looks like the watch it's trying to replicate) and is really good quality and so many others have bought it and agree the quality and closeness to gen is unprecedented? If you can explain that, then I'll keep quiet. Until then I'll continue to advise and help those get the best watch and the best from the hobby.

Yoel

Horology Curious
9/9/20
Hi everything,

I received my QC from my TD. I am unsure about the rehaut alignment. As far as you know, are there examples with better rehaut alignment ?

​​​

It looks good to me, is this from CF factory ? Would you be able to share more pictures .

Sent from the RWI App

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Lets just ignore the guy.

He’ll start insulting again otherwise he called me an ignorant monkey who bought a shit watch and doesn’t know how to even look at watches and a lot of more things. Twice when I posted my QC first post was him insulting.

As always when someone calls him out he’ll say I’m just advising and helping.

wildhunter84

30/9/20

I find this denial bizarre, we all want the best rep, so why buy 5/10 when 9/10 is available for less money.. then deny it and shoot down anyone when they try to let you know better is out there and it costs much less (and actually looks like the watch it's trying to replicate) and is really good quality and so many others have bought it and agree the quality and closeness to gen is unprecedented? If you can explain that, then I'll keep quiet. Until then I'll continue to advise and help those get the best watch and the best from the hobby.

I do agree that vsf produce nice subs but your respond towards people is disgusting. Advising and slamming is different. People here are smarter than you think, forcing an idea/opinion into somebody isn't right. You are simply telling the world you're the smartest and nobody's opinion matters and have disgustingly crossed the line by further insulting people. Imagine buying a toyota and goes over to honda telling people how shit honda is. This is a rep hobby and people buy different factory for different reason. No point responding since you're just gonna further slam anyone and everyone.

Reactions: Warrcraft

wildhunter84

30/9/20
Lets just ignore the guy.

He’ll start insulting again otherwise he called me an ignorant monkey who bought a shit watch and doesn’t know how to even look at watches and a lot of more things. Twice when I posted my QC first post was him insulting.

As always when someone calls him out he’ll say I’m just advising and helping.

You're right. Time to stop feeding his ego.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Btw i'll keep on referring to Clean factory as Clean(ZZF) since no one should forget how they ripped us off with the 316l metal thingy.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA

Your acting like a douche bag, and its getting tiresome!

We get it, you bought a couple of VSF reps and you are very happy with them. No need to force your religious beliefs onto others!

VSF makes a great watch, but it's far from perfect! I rejected 3 before i finally got a good one of the recent batches. Shit rehaut, fat flat hands, very different quality in batches ect. VSF has flaws like all the other sub reps.

I've had 4 different ZZFs over the last year, and they make quality, in some points better then VSF. So calling it shit and 5/10 is just ignorant.

You started out a while back actually contributing to the forum, and you did a couple of nice reviews.... Buddy, that's not what you are doing now. Bashing people, name calling ect over a rep is just... well stupid. Why not just let people make up their own mind, and choose the watch with the flaws they can live with....

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Hi everything,

​​​
The 6 and 9 o'clock marker look very nice here! Accept it :)

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 4a (5G) mit Tapatalk

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
VSF makes a great watch, but it's far from perfect! I rejected 3 before i finally got a good one of the recent batches. Shit rehaut, fat flat hands, very different quality in batches ect. VSF has flaws like all the other sub reps.

I've had 4 different ZZFs over the last year, and they make quality, in some points better then VSF. So calling it shit and 5/10 is just ignorant.

If you stick to the facts vsf is better than zzf or in this case clean and that's not a religious belief. We get you're a nitpicker but misaligned rehaut is also found on gens and its not like clean its way better in that department than vsf or other sub reps. There are service hands that are fat so that's aint also a flaw. People have the free will to choose whatever they want and that i agree with you. you mention zzf its better than the vsf in some points but didnt even mentioned one lol (maybe only the hands a tsd better) , zzf it's a downgrade in every way to vsf or even zf. Only good thing zzf/clean is making at the moment is the two tone with the correct bracelet and the zzf junior.

Last edited:

Ernesteka

Supporter
Certified
1/5/20
If you stick to the facts vsf is better than zzf or in this case clean and that's not a religious belief. We get you're a nitpicker but misaligned rehaut is also found on gens and its not like clean its way better in that department than vsf or other sub reps. There are service hands that are fat so that's aint also a flaw. People have the free will to choose whatever they want and that i agree with you. you mention zzf its better than the vsf in some points but didnt even mentioned one lol (maybe only the hands a tsd better) , zzf it's a downgrade in every way to vsf or even zf. Only good thing zzf/clean is making at the moment is the two tone with the correct bracelet and the zzf junior.

To be fair in my opinion the ZZF/ARF Clasp has a much smoother Glidelock-System than VSF. Also the VR Movement has no common flaw as the winding issue on the VSF 3135. On top of that VSF are selling so much so fast, it seems they rush building their watches and movements. This creates mistakes and more and more VSF watches are delivered DOA.

But if you list the flaws 1on1 between VSF and ZZF LN-Sub the VSF is clearly more watch for lesser money to me.

Still no reason for namecalling or talking down on other members.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
To be fair in my opinion the ZZF/ARF Clasp has a much smoother Glidelock-System than VSF. Also the VR Movement has no common flaw as the winding issue on the VSF 3135. On top of that VSF are selling so much so fast, it seems they rush building their watches and movements. This creates mistakes and more and more VSF watches are delivered DOA.

But if you list the flaws 1on1 between VSF and ZZF LN-Sub the VSF is clearly more watch for lesser money to me.

Still no reason for namecalling or talking down on other members.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

As for the glidelock there are also tolerance even in gens. Talking about the movement problems those really few cases. i have heard more horror stories from the vr but at the end both are very reliable movements. it is always a matter of luck. ​​​One watchsmith friend of mine did a livestream on reddit where he was servicing a vs3135, he said its better assembled and oiled than the vr but if you dont believe me you can check that for yourself.

I completely agree that no matter the difference of opinions there is no reason for name-calling but there are some members around that also do the same thing and then they write so righteously about beint respectful but they dont follow what they preach, they also religiously defend factories. At least if you gonna shill for a factory, it shouldn't be the one lying to their customers twice lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Ernesteka

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
blah bah bal abl.. blah

Sorry, who were you again? What an incomprehensible rant. From what I can see, that little outburst there is the sum total of your contribution to the hobby. Well done. Send me a PM please if you feel the need to let off some steam again. If the forum makes you so upset maybe you should do something else?

Last edited: