• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory New Submariner Series Review (Incl. Comparison Pics vs Gen)

Chief_FFM

Horology Curious
28/1/17
Do you know if clean noD has case engravement between the lugs with the ref 114060 or still the wrong 116610 ?

wonkycrown

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/19
i just posted a few pics on a qc i got for the no date from clean factory if anyone wants to check it out. i apoligize if i put it on the wrong area.
New Clean Factory Black sub no date - Replica Watch Info (replica-watch.info)

Looks good.

I'm not sure what was going on at the ZZF factory prior to the take over from Clean, but the last couple of V3's I bought were really bad. Both had considerable longitudinal play in the SEL's that was not visible from the QC images and one of them also had bad rehaut alignment which I was not too bothered about but when I felt the SEL's I was pretty annoyed. To top it all off, one of the links was damaged too that was covered by the wrapping!

I removed the bracelet and gave it a baby oil bath and whilst it was soaking thought I would try fitting the bracelet from my older V2. On both pieces the SEL did not have any pinch or interference when sliding it into the case like my V2 did, so it appears the tolereances were off a little on the case lug dimensions? Also, when trying to fit the SEL's into place the springbars did not locate on one side per spring bar. This was the same over the two watches. Upon removal of the SEL's again I noticed that the springbars were different to the ones in my V2. The V3 ones actually look smaller and more feeble by comparison.

It is also worth noting that the larger springbar from the V2 still fits pefectly into the case of the V3 on it's own without SEL so suggests to me that the machining is off somewhere? What do you guys think? All I know is that I'm staying away from ZZF/Clean for a while until quality is back up to what it was.

V3 LEFT V2 RIGHT

Z8xRv5.jpg

Damage

Z8xGOt.jpg

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
I also assume a batch thing, slightly wrong drilled holes and instead of throwing the cases away they just took smaller ones that still fit..
But would be pissed off too with too wobbly sels!

that has certainly to do with the bracelet change to ARF, i assume they didn't fit the cases which were made for the v2 bracelets so this was the solution.. they surely sorted that out now on the clean Version.. at least i hope so

Last edited:

GoshaRubchinskiy

Horology Curious
13/1/21
Looks good.

I'm not sure what was going on at the ZZF factory prior to the take over from Clean, but the last couple of V3's I bought were really bad. Both had considerable longitudinal play in the SEL's that was not visible from the QC images and one of them also had bad rehaut alignment which I was not too bothered about but when I felt the SEL's I was pretty annoyed. To top it all off, one of the links was damaged too that was covered by the wrapping!

I removed the bracelet and gave it a baby oil bath and whilst it was soaking thought I would try fitting the bracelet from my older V2. On both pieces the SEL did not have any pinch or interference when sliding it into the case like my V2 did, so it appears the tolereances were off a little on the case lug dimensions? Also, when trying to fit the SEL's into place the springbars did not locate on one side per spring bar. This was the same over the two watches. Upon removal of the SEL's again I noticed that the springbars were different to the ones in my V2. The V3 ones actually look smaller and more feeble by comparison.

It is also worth noting that the larger springbar from the V2 still fits pefectly into the case of the V3 on it's own without SEL so suggests to me that the machining is off somewhere? What do you guys think? All I know is that I'm staying away from ZZF/Clean for a while until quality is back up to what it was.

V3 LEFT V2 RIGHT

Z8xRv5.jpg

Damage

Z8xGOt.jpg

thanks for that info. maybe it was a bad batch or something but i will keep u updated once i get the watch

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Rehaut a bit off 3 to 6 but nothing major more or less gen spec.

Still OFFICIALLY not ALL Y (hulk and no-date both have ALL Y).

And one big upgrade over the no-date I posted earlier the monkey on the case back is now in colour and it's a different monkey. These will become collectible for sure.

202101222039031.jpg

202101222039034.jpg

202101222039035.jpg

2021012220390310.jpg

202101222039038.jpg

202101222039039.jpg

202101222039036.jpg

20210122203903.jpg

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
See the monkey on the back of that watch? That’s you guys. Why do you buy this sub-standard expensive poor quality wrong shape case with shit movement crap? Have you not read the VSF threads? They are selling watches that actually look and feel like a Rolex Submariner- for less money!

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
That's a GMT case they are using. You guys a need to learn how to look at a rep! Look at the crown guards FFS..

Look, here is a genuine GMT and a Submariner side by side..

Which crown guards are Clean copying???
ZrbOOt.jpg

Shit quality too, it feels like it came out a christmas cracker. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Reactions: pabst33

Subdued

20/11/19
See the monkey on the back of that watch? That’s you guys. Why do you buy this sub-standard expensive poor quality wrong shape case with shit movement crap? Have you not read the VSF threads? They are selling watches that actually look and feel like a Rolex Submariner- for less money!

Why do you care about VSF so much fanboy?

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Not crying.. laughing at the ignorance of Clean ZZF buyers buying (poorly made but expensive) GMTmariners because A. they don’t know what a Sub looks like and B. are ignorant of what’s right under their nose for less money! You are in this group? :spit:

Last edited:

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
So who have better hulk dial now atm, zf or this new clean?

Last edited:

Raelman007

24/5/20
Does anyone have a CF VSF and Gen they can compare and review?

I think the CF looks great but haven't seen the VSF. My ZZF V3 is pretty damn close to my Gen.

Sent from my RMX2075 using Tapatalk

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Does anyone have a CF VSF and Gen they can compare and review?

I think the CF looks great but haven't seen the VSF. My ZZF V3 is pretty damn close to my Gen.

Sent from my RMX2075 using Tapatalk

Can you show gen vs zzf v3 comparison? On few lights

Papagio

25/2/20
Hi everything,

I received my QC from my TD. I am unsure about the rehaut alignment. As far as you know, are there examples with better rehaut alignment ?

​​​