• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory New Submariner Series Review (Incl. Comparison Pics vs Gen)

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
So ZZF is now Clean? Like when someone changes their Twitter handle when they get called out for lying or something... Hopefully this change, whatever it is will provide better competition than the current V3 is.

Edit - good to hear they have added a metallic to the LV bezel - though I doubt its a precious metal. The gen LV insert definately has a metallic quality in bright light.

Last edited:

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Great review Li, thank you it's a great New Year's news.

To me the 114060 goes one step up again, it looks overall very nice, the insert gets perfect. And even though it can be improved still, the LB looks promising too, great insert indeed.

Can't wait to read live reviews of these new CF.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Allegedly only the crown and bezel material are not 904L. Dont trust zzf or this case clean claims.

I'm going to assume they won't be stupid enough to lie about the same thing twice. I'd guess they actually did rebrand cause of the 904L issue and this is less about improvements and more about announcing some new leadership. If they lied about 904L again it would be hilariously insane to do so considering they'd get outed again but time will tell.

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
Happy New Year Li,

Thanks for all the effort making the comparisons.

Please for the 126610 and the old subs also tell Clean Factory to correct the case and the crownguards. It is possible as we see with VSF but VSF has the worse rehaut.

Also the teeth are too flat and not nicely polished. New subcontractor for the bezel needed :) Can be also seen in Puretimes comparison.

I believe we will never see the perfect sub but we have reached a phenomenal level :)

Thanks for everything!

Reactions: KJ2020

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
Guys, as a sub lover I had the majority of these "new generation" subs in hands, and recently I have gotten also a ZZF 114060 v3 (which, by the way, I am going to sell today here in brand new conditions).

Owning a V3, I may be wrong but I see zero improvements apart from the new insert for the LV. Also because in my opinion the only needed upgrades are CGs and a better cyclop (for the date version). This must be some kind of rebranding strategy, because recently VSF was doing better with their good marketing and the 904L fiasco. I agree with many points in the review, because I have to say that the ZZF new bracelet is the best in business, same as sel fitment, but again I don't see visible or worthy upgrades. However I am curious about the new Subs they will launch soon. Competition is always a good thing for us.

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I very much hope for them that this is not the case ....

Definitely retouched. It’s a clone tool / healing brush fuckup. Normally you use those tools for duplicating areas of the background when tidying up an image. It doesn’t really mean anything, and certainly no worse than the rep / rep and gen / gen ‘comparison’ pics we see from time to time.

Complete

Renowned Member
18/10/17
That's a shame, hard to justify this over the VSF otherwise

You guys are crazy....

Just swap the vsf crystal into it then for just a smidge over $100...

A crystal swap is easy.

Everything else about it is better than the VSF.

Reactions: Warrcraft

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
You guys are crazy....

Just swap the vsf crystal into it then for just a smidge over $100...

A crystal swap is easy.

Everything else about it is better than the VSF.

Depends on what watch u are talking about? Hulk and LB dials are way off. VSF have better dial on hulk and hope they will replicate a better LB dial.

markers, inserts are the best in repgame. I like the nodate and date LN from CF tho.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
VSF or ZZF Two Tone ?

Neither at the moment: VSF TT has non plated sides (noting we have only seen the $450 plated version, there is a $728 wrapped version that may be better). Clean has crap crown guards (case doesn't even look like a Submariner to me).

I'll wait to see how the $728 wrapped VSF turns out, I hope some of the extra $300 they want is for the labour taken over wrapping the sides of the midlinks. :bull: