• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory New Submariner Series Review (Incl. Comparison Pics vs Gen)

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
so the new name clean not zzf v4 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After the debacle of zzf using 316l in the v2s and v3 makes sense to rebrand the factory. People dont forget that easy when they get finessed. As the saying goes. “Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.”
Wouldn't be surprised if that is what ultimately made them sell the factory.

Last edited:

rickirocket

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/12/14
M&A activities are pushing also in the rep world :eek:hwell:won't say this to my MD as he's capable to ask for sell side advisory roles lol

Back on topic, dial on the ​​​​​LB seems not spot on, also the xtal is not at VSF's level...at last, the rehaut doesn't convince me...but it's however impressive how the rep factories have improved in the last year, let's see what they will bring us next

BTW, happy new year to everyone here! Stay safe and take care :angelhead::yes::winking:

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929

MilleMiglia513

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
11/12/20
In my opinion, that LV dial looks wayyyyy off. I also don’t say the big difference between the V4 and latest V3, are the numbers a tiny bit more silver-ish than white-ish.
Doesn’t VSF add some sort of platinum finishing on top of their CF V3 insert?

Last edited:

oridian

23/12/19
For once I’m tempted to give a try for a gold... usually avoid them due to general consensus on lack of longevity (sans protecting every gold part LOL) but somehow I’m inclined for this. HMM!

Bendori

2/5/16
It'd great if we could only buy the TT bracelet seperately. This release is extremely important as they are the only one who the 3 piece end link with all necessary sides plated!
Was so dissapointed with VSF's unplated 116613s.

Reactions: jiro

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
It'd great if we could only buy the TT bracelet seperately. This release is extremely important as they are the only one who the 3 piece end link with all necessary sides plated!
Was so dissapointed with VSF's unplated 116613s.

I was thinking the same thing but the real question is how would their TT bracelets fit into other factories...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
The LB gold colour looks 10k or 14k... Probably not the best to compare it next to real 18k gold lol however compared to the vsf colour, there is no orange tint which is great to see. Vsf did a very cheap process thus the orange tint and no side links plated. As far as hulks go VSF and ZF still look better.

Reactions: Yakoj

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
To be honest it's hard to even see a difference on the inserts.

edit: cyclops looks really bad on some Pictures.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayalvin777

SuperBatman

24/9/20
Thanks so much for the hard work putting together this awesome review, Li! The photos are great!

I am no expert, but the obvious flaws to me are the Cyclops, crown guards, and bezel teeth still far from genuine.
But overall a great series from Clean Factory! Looking forward to seeing more from them in the new year.

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Now that I looked harder and more.
Dial and crystals is very bad compared to zf, vsf.
love the markers and inserts tho
hulk dial is like zzf v2s? Lol, wrong color
Bluesy look same as ARF with purple dial...
Rehaut do not look promising either

pass for me

Reactions: Rel and Kevstah

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
like the fact that they have put work into the sel fit/recession and want to perfect that !
Also 3 part SEL on TT bracelets is very good news

Reactions: federik91

PAMorROLEX

26/10/20
EU
Good and healthy competition for subs.. I could observe lots of pro's and con's in this release:

Pro's:

1. 3-D effect on the dial indices are the closest to gen
2. Insert - oh man! no need to buy a gen anymore
3. Engraving on rehaut has improved a bit
4. SEL looks awesome

Cons:
1. Crappy Crown guards
2. Crown is more pronounced than the Gen/VSF (No idea why)
3. Hands aren't impressive
4. Cyclops is a big let off
5. DateWheel has gotten worse than before, I could observe bleeding of the paint quite easily than other reps..
6. Bezel polishing is coarse and quite a let down

Perhaps this might be a very good candidate for a franken project but OOTB i would stay with ZF/VSF as of now...

Last edited:
Reactions: Rel and Jayalvin777

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I wish they could get the case right. VSF is the only rep sub I have ever seen with correct crown guards, why is getting the case shape correct such a low priority??

FYI, my ARF bracelet will not fit on VSF without bending pins or having shit recess... so forget that.

Reactions: KJ2020

le_marc

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
2/11/19
Wow, great review! Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using RWI