• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory New Submariner Series Review (Incl. Comparison Pics vs Gen)

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Absolutely. This is CF, you can tell by the case with straight sides and unmistakable crown guards.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
ZZF / Clean releasing another new batch of old watches again?

RetFed

Renowned Member
23/3/14
Receive my QC’s today, looks good to me
34828742e9adf99167d95fb1bd898150.jpg

677d2826ced8f93029e328d64fdf5cfb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
ZZF / Clean releasing another new batch of old watches again?

Afer this 316L / 904L Lie back in the days, then this old stuff-in-new-batch-bullshit (which reminds me of windows 95 / 98 updates) then the Datejust with busted skrews, busted parts of bridge and fucking dirt or RUST inside the movement, i guess this factory is done for me.

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Cmon guys the watch on those pics is 70 usd DHGate cheapie.

walla65

20/5/19
I read somewhere that someone suspected that CF was behind the raids, especially against VSF ... sure that if they hope to replace VSF with these watches .... they won't go far ...

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
I read somewhere that someone suspected that CF was behind the raids, especially against VSF ... sure that if they hope to replace VSF with these watches .... they won't go far ...
Members are allowed to write whatever they believe is happening. It's doesn't make true... or false. But keep in mind that no real fact has been shown to make that statement true.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
How can CF replace VSF. Just look at their crappy bezel mechanism of the GMTs.
I don't mind makers are selling with marketing techniques, but not in the way of CF is using to suck up our money. Their GMT is following exactly same business model of the former ZZF Sub LV - V1, V2, V2s, V3.....continously draining your wallet.
And VSF just simply gave you their best made products right from the 1st launch. VSF by far is a much more reputable maker.

walla65

20/5/19
How can CF replace VSF. Just look at their crappy bezel mechanism of the GMTs.
I don't mind makers are selling with marketing techniques, but not in the way of CF is using to suck up our money. Their GMT is following exactly same business model of the former ZZF Sub LV - V1, V2, V2s, V3.....continously draining your wallet.
And VSF just simply gave you their best made products right from the 1st launch. VSF by far is a much more reputable maker.
in fact ... we only have to have the patience to wait for VSF to be reborn ... like the phoenix (perhaps with a different name) or for someone to replace it in a worthy way ... making the watch better than the others and in one version ... we have to stop rewarding those who take the piss ...

walla65

20/5/19
Members are allowed to write whatever they believe is happening. It's doesn't make true... or false. But keep in mind that no real fact has been shown to make that statement true....
then let's say this: if they hope to take advantage of the troubles of others with these watches ...

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

pinoyako04

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/3/21
I have bought many watches from Li and I would really be surprised if he would sell me a fake CF.
As far as I can tell from comparing the Korean pics with mine, my watch is a CF and no fake CF.

But please correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway I attached a few other shots as well maybe the new sticker means a new version. I could not find any updates but maybe you guys see something.

How’s the Gold plating holding? Is the gold holds up good or will it wear out very quickly? Thinking of buying clean two tone sub, whats the best factory for a two tone submariner? feedback please thank you

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
How’s the Gold plating holding? Is the gold holds up good or will it wear out very quickly? Thinking of buying clean two tone sub, whats the best factory for a two tone submariner? feedback please thank you

Feedback please ????
I don't have the watch yet so I can't confirm anything about how the good holds up. Maybe other can do so.
Concerning the "best two tone sub" - the VSF and CF are considered pretty good. The CF has better gold plating and better blue dial but cg issue. You need to read and inform yourself so you can make a decision for yourself.

Also why do you quote all my QC photos just to ask this questions?

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Feedback please ????
I don't have the watch yet so I can't confirm anything about how the good holds up. Maybe other can do so.
Concerning the "best two tone sub" - the VSF and CF are considered pretty good. The CF has better gold plating and better blue dial but cg issue. You need to read and inform yourself so you can make a decision for yourself.

Also why do you quote all my QC photos just to ask this questions?

Btw you might find these helpful for your Bluesy... I have a gen bluesy and I use these to protect the gold centre links. I think even more so they would be very good on reps since you really want to protect the thin coating.

https://www.esquirelife.com/shop/

He's a great guy called Ruben, very friendly and tell him a guy called James sent you if you contact him via email, likely to throw in extras for free :p (don't mention reps though!)

Out of interest are the endlinks? The sides coated, that use to be a problem with the Blusey clones of old.

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Btw you might find these helpful for your Bluesy... I have a gen bluesy and I use these to protect the gold centre links. I think even more so they would be very good on reps since you really want to protect the thin coating.

https://www.esquirelife.com/shop/

He's a great guy called Ruben, very friendly and tell him a guy called James sent you if you contact him via email, likely to throw in extras for free :p (don't mention reps though!)

Out of interest are the endlinks? The sides coated, that use to be a problem with the Blusey clones of old.

Thanks for the tip!
I will check it out!

I don't have the watch yet but afaik the CF links are also coated on the sides.

Reactions: Sonofalich

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
The problem was they used to be the wrong shape and the case sides were flat instead of tapered which also affected the side profile of the crown guards.
Clean had updated their cases and fixed the problem though in my opinion they modelled the updated case on the early 116610 case which had the early style crown guards (later nicer style has a ski jump at the tips like VSF) which was not wrong but not as aesthetically pleasing (subjective, my opinion).

Recently early cases have been seen again in QC pics, so the problem does not appear to affect the watch in the above post but the next one may come in an old case. I hope this explains ok..

Last edited: