• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory New Submariner Series Review (Incl. Comparison Pics vs Gen)

Vacco

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/5/19
Screwing out and screwing in the crown feels very gritty, it's also hard to pull out the crown to set the time and date you have to pull hard, setting the time feels "loose" you twist the crown and the hands don't move for a part of the turn there's play in it. Have you guys got the same problems? And how can this be fixed? Or did I just receive a lemon

Plank

Horology Curious
21/10/19
Screwing out and screwing in the crown feels very gritty, it's also hard to pull out the crown to set the time and date you have to pull hard, setting the time feels "loose" you twist the crown and the hands don't move for a part of the turn there's play in it. Have you guys got the same problems? And how can this be fixed? Or did I just receive a lemon

Screwing the crown in and out feels very gritty on mine as well. Setting the time on mine feels normal but I too have to pull pretty hard to get it into time setting position.

Rusty_Shackleford

15/4/21

I have to pull hard for the third setting,yes. But I haven’t had any grit in the stem, nor any play in the hands. Winding for the first time was a bit startling but after a week it was a lot better. After a month it’s buttery smooth. I’m super impressed with my Clean sub. It’s fantastic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr.JC

c.dimitri

24/11/19
Today twice CF:
Clean Factory no date &
Calcio Fantastico - Congratulazioni all‘ Italia

c.dimitri

24/11/19
Today twice CF:
Clean Factory no date &
Calcio Fantastico - Congratulazioni all‘ Italia
f5e431cc6a78d15492d8fd80121762aa.jpg

The Infinite

Horology Curious
26/9/20
That's just what I have asked? ????

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I think you do have the latest batch. According to jtime the recent batches come with updated glass, rehaut and CGs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_YOYAS_

Horology Curious
14/1/13
Madrid, Spain
I’ve just received my first Submariner replica, a Clean 114060 (no-date) and to be honest, I’m super impressed with the quality.

The bracelet makes a little bit of noise that I will try to solve with some cleaning and a baby oil bath. Let’s see how it works.

Thanks for all the information shared in this post.

Reactions: Touring Hide

c.dimitri

24/11/19
I’ve just received my first Submariner replica, a Clean 114060 (no-date) and to be honest, I’m super impressed with the quality.

The bracelet makes a little bit of noise that I will try to solve with some cleaning and a baby oil bath. Let’s see how it works.

Thanks for all the information shared in this post.

Any pics?

Spoons

Supporter
Certified
21/4/19
Screwing out and screwing in the crown feels very gritty

You may be able to improve the feel of the crown by cleaning the threads on the tube using waxed dental floss.

Hinclimincli provides a good description of how to do that here (LINK):

Pull the crown to the third position (time setting), the furthest out position. Wrap the dental floss around the tube, not too tight and just one loop. Then gently pull the string, making the dental floss go through the thread of the tube. Dental floss usually has a patina of beeswax, or coconut oil, which will lubricate the threading without leaving lots of nasty residue. Don't overdo it, just one pass and you will notice a remarkable improvement.

Vacco

22/5/19
You may be able to improve the feel of the crown by cleaning the threads on the tube using waxed dental floss.

Hinclimincli provides a good description of how to do that here (LINK):

Thanks for the tip, what makes me feel uncomfortable with the watch is the fact that it's so hard to pull out the crown, feels like I might break it at some point

_YOYAS_

Horology Curious
14/1/13
Madrid, Spain
I’ll post them tomorrow as I will also share if the baby oil bath have worked (or not).

So, the baby oil bath worked perfectly and the bracelet now doesn’t make any noise. And the feeling is very good.

I’m also sharing a few pictures of my watch. The bezel moves perfectly and the rehaut is perfectly aligned. I’m probably servicing the watch soon.

I’m also waiting to receive a VSF Sub so I will also share my thoughts about the differences (in case I find them :)).

Link to pics: https://imgur.com/a/DzLnt8Z