• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help with building the BEST franken 116610 with my Noob V9 base!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Yeah mate, totally! I actually bought this within days of the V9 noob being released in 2018 - I never knew noob was raided and the guys son took over?

I can see the rehaut every single time that I wear the watch but unless I compare the gen with my V9 noob closely both in hand (which never happens), I can’t spot any misshaped crownguards.

For me, the V9 noob is the best watch to do a franken build - out of the box, it would 100% be the VSF.

That’s just my opinion and that’s all that matters to me! Lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah for a while after the son took over Noob wouldn't take rejected watches back from TDs no matter how obviously flawed they were. TD Mary's Watch on RWG made several threads and even stopped sourcing Noob watches for customers for a while because of this. I've seen a steady decline in Noob watch quality since then, it's obvious they are sourcing lower quality parts.

Reactions: masterpiece777

Watchk

Known Member
Supporter
30/12/20
Yeah for a while after the son took over Noob wouldn't take rejected watches back from TDs no matter how obviously flawed they were. TD Mary's Watch on RWG made several threads and even stopped sourcing Noob watches for customers for a while because of this. I've seen a steady decline in Noob watch quality since then, it's obvious they are sourcing lower quality parts.

Waow....this is good to know. Makes me feel happier about my 1st batch V9! Haha.

Reactions: KJ2020

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
I know what you mean about the Noob double line rehauts bro. I have 3 or 4 and absolutely love them. For years until Noob was raided in June 2019 and the owner's son took over, Noob had the best rehauts ever made IMO. Almost always perfect alignment and crisp beautiful engravings. I know it's a small aspect of a watch, but that makes the excellence even more appreciable. I've rejected watches more than once for terrible rehauts. The VSF isn't terrible but there's no question that the Noob V9 is superlative.

Still enjoying my V6s so much!

ZgVo8.jpg

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
For me, the V9 noob is the best watch to do a franken build - out of the box, it would 100% be the VSF.

I have no idea of what is the best base but noob is the only one with the double line rehaut and i have a thing for it! I'd go this route too

Watchk

Known Member
Supporter
30/12/20
I have no idea of what is the best base but noob is the only one with the double line rehaut and i have a thing for it! I'd go this route too

Yup! Noob V9 definitely has the best rehaut

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
imo only needs a platinum insert lol. I also lost my clasp coronet, so perhaps a new clasp aswell haha

You should try the new "marker flooding" Molotow paint mod I just discovered. Takes about 5 minutes to apply, maybe 20 minutes to wipe off excess carefully after drying overnight. About 50 cents of paint.

Check out this modded RXF

ZtGaNK.jpg

ZtGWt8.jpg

ZtGUeR.jpg

ZtGe0L.jpg

ZtGAmS.jpg

ZtGhgW.jpg

ZtGK4P.jpg

ZtGHyJ.jpg

Post #22

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...493838-kj2020-paint-mod?p=9618182#post9618182

Oops sorry for the off topic post OP, wanted to share some good news!

:derailed:

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer