• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB Factory Modded Blaken IPK SA4130 Paul Newman Daytona

PAMorROLEX

26/10/20
EU
A vendor in Guangdong is selling the NOOB 4130 Blaken Modded version of Paul Newman daytona on his WeChat and claims that the supply is limited to 50 pieces only. I am not sure about the claims about the limited quantities, would like to know if they have done a good job in replicating the Blaken version, any suggestions shall be highly appreciated.

Reactions: paolobriatico

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
As in how to buy and if more dealers will get them, I want it

PAMorROLEX

26/10/20
EU
I haven't seen any TD selling them yet. Only my contacts in China were selling that and they claimed that to be of limited supply. Perhaps you can check with the TD for the stocks, also remember this shall be an expensive watch and definitely not gonna be a 688 USD regular NOOB daytona. The vendor I spoke with quoted 5700 RMB in China, that is 880 USD. TDs might be more expensive

2many2choose

Known Member
17/8/16
The subdial printing is off as the numerals look thick. To be fair there aren't many blaken out there so lots of people won't be able to tell.

I once showed the Paul Newman to a lady friend and she said quote "what an ugly watch!" Lol
So if you like it, buy it, just don't Instagram it or be the guy who wears it and walks into the AD.

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
Ist doesn't look like the gen for me. At least the outer dial part seems wrong https://www.blaken.com/de/vintage/pa...man-daytona-ii

I do not like it either. But to be fair, you are not comparing it to the actual watch it was replicated from.
Here is the Blaken (the non PVD Version) IPKF took as "GEN":
Zt4Ysi.jpg

Compared to this one the IPKF does not look to bad. However I can see three flaws:
1. The numerals on the Subdials are too thick
2. The Daytona lettering over the 6 o Clock subdial is not SERIF as in the orginal Blaken.
3. Bezel engravings do not look right

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
It's a rep of a fantasy watch so who cares if it's accurate to something that's inaccurate? I like this concept of an old style dial in a new style case. It's been done before, a member here had a really nice one I'll see if I can find it. Personally I wouldn't choose this one because I dislike other names (Blaken) on my dials.

Reactions: p0pperini

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
I like it without the crown guard, I would just buy it for the midcase !

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Here is the one I was talking about. RWI member Revolper had it and sold it here.

ZtMe6n.jpg

Reactions: RDRoss

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
I haven't seen any TD selling them yet. Only my contacts in China were selling that and they claimed that to be of limited supply. Perhaps you can check with the TD for the stocks, also remember this shall be an expensive watch and definitely not gonna be a 688 USD regular NOOB daytona. The vendor I spoke with quoted 5700 RMB in China, that is 880 USD. TDs might be more expensive

Is that a trusted vendor ? I do want it after all

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Just approved QC for this one. I believe this is one of the last IPK vintage Daytonas. I've asked for the dial with the red minute track, but I really like the look of this personally!

ZxEdOS.jpg