• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Rep: VSF VS3135 movement stops (Submariner 116619LB). What options do I have?

Invetero

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/11/20
Update: Unfortunately the service did not work after all. Watch stop again and I finally found out that it is once the seconds hand hits the hour hand at a certain time. Seems will need a watch fixer again :-(

https://file.re/2021/01/15/img2906/

You can source a VR3135 on aliexpress for around 110 usd, find a good watchmaker and ask him to exchange the two mvmnt's should be very easy for him and quick, the smurf sub is such a beauty it deserves to be working.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Shouldn't have this issue if it was actually serviced and hands refitted by someone who has any idea what they are doing. I suggest finding another watchmaker.

People make mistakes. I know we'd like to think people should be mistake free. But on my watch thay just had this problem, he's a very good watch smith with an excellent history and reputation.

Yes, stupid mistakes suck but people are only human. And I don't know about this OPS sitch but good watch smith's are hard to come by. Also, compare it to any other trade - mechanic, carpenter, accountant, sex worker - they're all professionals and I can easily imagine each making a mistake that they'd think (and we'd all think) is silly.

And I say this because iny experience, 1. Shit happens and 2. These are reps. I've talked to a lot of watch smith's who talked about doing work on the forum where something silly happened (a mistake) and the person flips out with the "well I've never...." and the "this is an outrage..." and also the "I expected better. If I wanted subpar service I wouldn't have bought a Rolex" and it's like.... Ummm dude, you didn't buy a Rolex you bought a rep so stop acting like a pretensions idiot (not you just in general I mean) who gets entirely too hung up on the logo and just because it has the logo, people forget this isn't Rolex or a Rolex AD or a $10 to 50 thousand watch.

I'm just saying I think we could offer a little understanding to people who work on these watches for us because we can't want into an AD.

Of this was a gen Rolexx service would easily cost twice as much as the value of this watch.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Tell your TD, they may be able to offer a solution.

I’d look into servicing before I looked into replacing the movement. It could be such a trivial thing, easily fixed.

This! TD may even kick in some $$ towards the service...

Millerm

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/17
People make mistakes. I know we'd like to think people should be mistake free. But on my watch thay just had this problem, he's a very good watch smith with an excellent history and reputation.

Yes, stupid mistakes suck but people are only human. And I don't know about this OPS sitch but good watch smith's are hard to come by. Also, compare it to any other trade - mechanic, carpenter, accountant, sex worker - they're all professionals and I can easily imagine each making a mistake that they'd think (and we'd all think) is silly.

And I say this because iny experience, 1. Shit happens and 2. These are reps. I've talked to a lot of watch smith's who talked about doing work on the forum where something silly happened (a mistake) and the person flips out with the "well I've never...." and the "this is an outrage..." and also the "I expected better. If I wanted subpar service I wouldn't have bought a Rolex" and it's like.... Ummm dude, you didn't buy a Rolex you bought a rep so stop acting like a pretensions idiot (not you just in general I mean) who gets entirely too hung up on the logo and just because it has the logo, people forget this isn't Rolex or a Rolex AD or a $10 to 50 thousand watch.

I'm just saying I think we could offer a little understanding to people who work on these watches for us because we can't want into an AD.

Of this was a gen Rolexx service would easily cost twice as much as the value of this watch.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I definitely understand and also agree with your sentiment. You are right that we don't know exactly what happened. I shouldn't judge.

It is somewhat strange that the watch seemingly still has the same problem, whilst hands need to come of for service. Besides that basic hand refitting includes making sure they are horizontal and not interfering. However, there might be a problem with the watch hands / pinion that causes the hands to get dislodged.