• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob 116520 V4?

angrypatbateman

Looking Around
20/12/20
Hi all,

I have seen much with regards to discussion around the Noob V4 and improvements made and comparisons to ARF V2. I just wanted to ask if the V4 Noob only applies to 116500s and whether a V4 upgrade to the 116520 had been launched or not?

Follow up question would be whether the general consensus that an ARF is aesthetically more accurate apply to a black dial 116520 rep as well?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15

Here is a black 116520 noob that I wanted to use as a base to put my gen white aph dial and gen bezel into. Now that I have it, the dial is so nice that I will just add gen bezel to this and keep it that way.

angrypatbateman

Looking Around
20/12/20
wow! that looks great on the wrist although admittedly I'm new to reps and have an untrained eye (not to take away from how good it looks) Is that a noob v3? it would be great to see how the bezel looks vs gen

I wonder how the ARF looks better, as has been mentioned on here, I think a fully functioning chrono + the half mm less thickness swings it in favour of the Noob after seeing this (although not sure how much difference that extra half mm makes on the wrist)

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
Noob 116520 dial has wrong printing on the dial, it has the 116500 dial. The second big flaw is the bezel which has wrong thickness and bad engravings.
The best way to go is a v4 + gen dial and a gen (or a good aftermarket) bezel.. it’s expensive but the result is very good.
I will post mine after Christmas (will be built these days)
d8bb5f90588ba829504318c0124c382c.jpg

In my opinion the gen dial is a “must have”

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
Sure, gen dial is the way to go, always better, but even after owning gen black dial 116520 and now with a white gen aph dial i really believe the black noob dial is more than acceptable. Text is too narrow (116500 style) but who would notice. Gen bezel is a must, I agree.

Here is my noob bezel vs my gen bezel:

Also, if you are that anal about dial text then another MUST is to profile the case properly, please compare the brick like profile of the noob side on the right.

Reactions: Rolexman72

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
Hey man,

The black dial on the right is with the gen bezel yeh? thinner font and all

No, the black is stock Noob, rep bezel. The engraving is too thin in rep bezels, also the angle is different, gen is more flat.