• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Upcoming VSF Two Tone Gold Submariner 116613LN

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Vsf just released the 116613LB, also two version will be released.

The entry version priced at 468$ and the expensive version priced at 728$ which is made by order
​​​​​

First off... I love your VSF updates. I always find them helpful (although my wife and wallet would disagree). You’re usually the first to post, and always include these VSFactory images... so big thanks for that.

Secondly, I’m assuming it might not be known yet, but are you aware of the differences between entry level and expensive? Is it the quality of the wrapping? Or perhaps they actually use gold links vs plating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
First off... I love your VSF updates. I always find them helpful (although my wife and wallet would disagree). You’re usually the first to post, and always include these VSFactory images... so big thanks for that.

Secondly, I’m assuming it might not be known yet, but are you aware of the differences between entry level and expensive? Is it the quality of the wrapping? Or perhaps they actually use gold links vs plating?

Just trying to share what i know. I personally havent seen any of the expensive version and i think we will be seeing them maybe a bit before cny, the first two tone sub was released mid December and considering it takes 20 days to make, probably they still haven't been finish. For the 116613LB my contact in the Mainland say they will he shipping after CNY. This is more of a pre order phase.

I would say than other than the better quality of the wrapping pretty sure the expensive version would be wrap properly. Also at least in china vsf gives 5 years warranty if any fading occurs. (i know some people say that's bullshit but if you a bit on how things work in Chinaz you might know vs has the besr after sale service of all the factories)
​​​​​

Reactions: saucin

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
I've always drooled over these in pics, videos and on other people's wrists. My local AD has this TT combo in the SD43 at the moment. I tried it on yesterday and the desire was shot -- gold doesn't suit me at all. That rules of quite a few watches for me.

ziggycharly

17/6/17
They can wrap it as thick as they please but if it’s the wrong tone of gold it’s a waste of time and money

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Vsf just released the 116613LB, also two version will be released.

The entry version priced at 468$ and the expensive version priced at 728$ which is made by order
​​​​​

It's made on order? So after you buy it, they make it for you?

Thats nuts so just confirm this for me please.

The thing that's crazy about that is if they get an order, they either have to let the orders pile up or they are goibg to be making bracelets 1 at a time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
It's made on order? So after you buy it, they make it for you?

Thats nuts so just confirm this for me please.

The thing that's crazy about that is if they get an order, they either have to let the orders pile up or they are goibg to be making bracelets 1 at a time.

Yeah, it is made on order. That's why they take up tp 20 days after payment to be deliver. Im also curious on how exactly the process for the expensive version works, as far i remember this is the first time a big factory does this. My contact and dealer in China has told me that we will be seeing the bluesy after cny even if you place an order today.

jodelaplaya

2/4/14
Yeah, it is made on order. That's why they take up tp 20 days after payment to be deliver. Im also curious on how exactly the process for the expensive version works, as far i remember this is the first time a big factory does this. My contact and dealer in China has told me that we will be seeing the bluesy after cny even if you place an order today.

If you have some informations let us know ! I’m also very curious and tempted by the way by the process

thanks

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Is this a marketing operation, surfing on the trend of "exclusively made items" to make the client feel special? It works in the gen luxury goods but is mainly a way to sell at higher prices.

I can't picture VSF, or any other Chinese factory, hand-building replicas on demand. Honestly, I'm very curious about this offer by VSF...

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Is this a marketing operation, surfing on the trend of "exclusively made items" to make the client feel special? It works in the gen luxury goods but is mainly a way to sell at higher prices.

I can't picture VSF, or any other Chinese factory, hand-building replicas on demand. Honestly, I'm very curious about this offer by VSF...

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

They probably have a crate full of them somewhere in the building and when the "special order" comes in they wait 2 weeks and then send it out LOL!

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
They probably have a crate full of them somewhere in the building and when the "special order" comes in they wait 2 weeks and then send it out LOL!

You are right. Vsf doesn’t make anything to the order.
They already made a batch.

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
You are right. Vsf doesn’t make anything to the order.
They already made a batch.

What matters at the end, made to order or not is that they plate the mid links lol, hopefully we see one of those expensive version soon.

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
What matters at the end, made to order or not is that they plate the mid links lol, hopefully we see one of those expensive version soon.

I was just thinking about mid links. Factories should start platting them correctly instead of doing half ass job.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
It’d be nice to actually see some pictures of this wrapped version once a sample is ready, if they shortcut the 3piece SEL like ARF did it’s a no go for that price

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
It’d be nice to actually see some pictures of this wrapped version once a sample is ready, if they shortcut the 3piece SEL like ARF did it’s a no go for that price

Hazing

9/5/19
Nice.. need to see it more lights to tell if the blue is correct.

Here's my genuine for reference..

Beauty. You still have the stickers on it. Lol.
Thanks for the pics though.

I quoted this to agree with the sentiment though that we need some pics in the sun. I'm ready to order one though. I would just like to be sure the "good version" is actually good before I spend $750+.

Edit to ask... Are you driving a baby blue 944? I'm amazed you're not sporting a matching OP

a0ded29a23b65f18a30d04e5aa5230a1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayalvin777

Hazing

9/5/19
So I'm ready to order this I think.

Is wrapped gold the way to go over plated gold? Is the $200-250 worth it? And does it cover the midlinks on the sel?

Venniz

26/7/20
So I'm ready to order this I think.

Is wrapped gold the way to go over plated gold? Is the $200-250 worth it? And does it cover the midlinks on the sel?

No one know for midlinks. If it does, I am in for one me too. :)

Reactions: replikmaster