• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Upcoming VSF Two Tone Gold Submariner 116613LN

trustytime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
3/4/16
VSF will be releasing the Two Tone Submariner 116613LN as planned, and once again with their VS3135 movement.

There will be 2 versions for the Two Tone Submariner, plated gold and wrapped gold. The crown stem part is made 1:1 with the gen.

For the wrapped gold version, it is up to 20 microns according to factory, approximately 3grams of gold.

Estimated to be released about 3-4 weeks from now.

tlabowski01

Known Member
Supporter
4/9/19
I’m not a gold type of guy, typically, but this is VERY tempting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marco130

Renowned Member
29/2/08
Personally I’d like VSF to build the 114 no date but this might be a go. After seeing the prices that some makers have put on the wrapped versions of their Subs I’ll be interested in seeing what price that VSF will set for theirs.
They are really cranking out the Subs!

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
trustytime Andrew a small but critical factor in pushing a TT rep into being a mega seller is how the sides of the SEL center links (and to a lesser extent the other mid links), are covered with "gold". So many factories, even high end ones botch this up with no coverage, or half coverage with a border line, or sloppy coverage with overspill onto the outer links. I know you've seen it all, and so have we. Few things will turn us away from a TT release like this faster than this aspect being handled poorly. Please let VSF know!

Thanks a lot for all your good info from them!

Heyterre

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
Not a fan of gold but a fan of VS now, might get a try on this two tone

trustytime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
3/4/16
trustytime Andrew a small but critical factor in pushing a TT rep into being a mega seller is how the sides of the SEL center links (and to a lesser extent the other mid links), are covered with "gold". So many factories, even high end ones botch this up with no coverage, or half coverage with a border line, or sloppy coverage with overspill onto the outer links. I know you've seen it all, and so have we. Few things will turn us away from a TT release like this faster than this aspect being handled poorly. Please let VSF know!

Thanks a lot for all your good info from them!

I will feedback to them on this, though I believe they are already in production.

Thanks

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
if VSF wanted to make a superior TT bracelet this is their chance. The ARF fortunately has plated sides but the let down is the SEL as it’s still one piece. Hopefully they make a 3piece SEL just like the gen and plate or wrap the centre piece. Noob was able to do this with their wrapped bracelets so hopefully VSF can do the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
Don’t want to piss on anyone’s parade but where is my calculation wrong?

Gold weighs about 19.3 grams per cubic centimeter. That means if you had a small gold dice cube of size 1 cm x 1 cm x 1 cm, (i.e., with a volume of 1 cubic centimeter), it would weigh 19.3 grams. So 1 grams would theoretically fill a volume of 1/19.3 cubic centimeters or 0.050 cubic centimeters.

Volume is area x height, (i.e., area x thickness). So theoretically 1 grams can plate an area x thickness totaling 0.050 cubic centimeters. If the thickness is 20 microns, i.e., 0.0020 cm, then the area you can plate with that much gold is 0.050/0.002 = 25 square centimeters.

3g of gold would plate a 20 micron 75 sq cm... I would guess that a two tones need a lot less.

Reactions: MIA6268