• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Upcoming VSF Two Tone Gold Submariner 116613LN

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
The dark gold plate is concerning. Rolex's gold tones in general is something factories have a problem with. I have went through 3-4 different factories for the YM 116655 for example and they were always this dark orange gold. This everrose gold Rolex makes seems to be one thing that rep companies have not cornered correctly yet. Hoping VSF nails this yellow gold though.

Last edited:

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
I think you mean brass?

I specifically remember it being copper, there is more than one article floating around about this relating to the process with wrapping the bracelet only this was that same process used with MW9 and MBW wrapped bracelets. This article was written by the manufacturer of the bracelets and cases when they took orders over a decade ago. I’m trying I find it, but like said it’s over ten years old though lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYC_MIA

Known Member
6/7/19
Seller from China just told me that the cheap version will cost same as the other subs around 420-450 with the td's. The other version will be more expensive, he doesn't know the price yet but he said vsf is giving a certificate to prove that "gold" has been used, as well as 5 years warranty if there's any fading, if that happens they will exchange the watch for free. The expensive version is made by order.

I just hit up Leo and he said he heard something about it and was going to look into trying to get details.

This is an interesting approach.

I’ve always wondered why they don’t have a upper echelon in the rep space where you pay a little bit more but get top-tier everything. Essentially made to order.

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

tlabowski01

Known Member
4/9/19
Is it just me or do the sides of the center links not appear to be wrapped?

marco130

Renowned Member
29/2/08
I’ve sent an email to Andrew to clarify. My guess is if they don’t specify that it’s wrapped it probably isn’t.

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Seller from China just told me that the cheap version will cost same as the other subs around 420-450 with the td's. The other version will be more expensive, he doesn't know the price yet but he said vsf is giving a certificate to prove that "gold" has been used, as well as 5 years warranty if there's any fading, if that happens they will exchange the watch for free. The expensive version is made by order.

Your "seller from China" is probably messing around with you or has an active imagination.
For one, he knows all these details about the process yet the price is somehow lost to him.... Second im going to receive a warranty from a manufacturer who produces counterfeit products? Where do I claim this warranty if it fades in a year? At the VSF return centre and drop off?
I mean heck it's not even recommended to ship your watch back to a TD when it's broken upon arrival. Imagine claiming a warranty???

Reactions: Nikz19 and mari115

NYC_MIA

Known Member
6/7/19
ef16343df0fa1e1702e08975408cb09d.jpg

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Your "seller from China" is probably messing around with you or has an active imagination.
For one, he knows all these details about the process yet the price is somehow lost to him.... Second im going to receive a warranty from a manufacturer who produces counterfeit products? Where do I claim this warranty if it fades in a year? At the VSF return centre and drop off?
I mean heck it's not even recommended to ship your watch back to a TD when it's broken upon arrival. Imagine claiming a warranty???

​​​​​​This is how things work in the mainland if you don't believe me you can drop trusty a message or even do a bit research yourself and you will find out. I don't care if you don't believe me lol, you can ask your TD of choice and he will confirm it, also vsf is well known in China for having the best after sales services from all the factories, this is one of the reason most of sellers in China suggest to huh vsf over other fsctories. This is not the first time vsf gives warranty for their products, when the LN first came out they offer 6 months warranty if the bezel faded out.

Reactions: kennygconspiracy