• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Upcoming VSF Two Tone Gold Submariner 116613LN

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I got my QCs. For the regular (plated) version.

It doesn't really show the sides of the midlinks (of course lol) but on one Pic I zoomed in as much/best as I could and part of me thinks they might be covered. Again, this is not the wrapped version.

Nah.. it has non plated sides. It looks good otherwise.

ProGamer73061

Renowned Member
14/1/19
Germany
Z821W5.gif

Sorry to break it to you buddy, but there is zero gold in a gold rep, its gold colour metals they use (I know no more than that, but it's not gold!).

COPIED FROM STICKY GOLD THREAD..

'The most telling thing, the weight. It weighed out at .60 gm vs 1.30 gm for a closely dimensionally equalivent 18k pendant.....

By this time I was reasonably certain it was not even close to being 18k gold, but I did think it was possible there was some gold content, maybe a super low karatage like 7K or something with a bunch of other alloys in there. So- off to the gold buyers for a preliminary evaluation.

The results were pretty eye opening...let me preface by saying I was more than ready to pay for a professional assay if there had been any karat at all noted by the two places I went to. Turns out it would just be a waste to do it, the first local gold buyer tested it with nitric acid -and then just for kicks (and because I knew him and kinda begged) electronically tested it. Both were completely negative. The results were the same at the second place, and in addition upon my pressing them as to what metal/alloy they thought it might possibly be, gave the opinion since it was not magnetic it was a likely an aluminum bronze composite meant to mimic gold

"Hey! I am expecting REAL gold not phony gold on my phony watch!" The manufacturers are in the replica business are they not? We all know most of the advertising (1:1! Waterproof to 50m! Gen Swiss!) is baloney...so why would the "18k gold wrapped" claim be any different?'

Now im worry. Why cost the wrapped version 250 more?

Gesendet von iPad Pro mit Tapatalk

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Now im worry. Why cost the wrapped version 250 more?

Fuck, you tell me mate!? lol. From what I can tell (which is very little, lol), the only difference will be (provided they do plate the midlink sides) the creation of a three piece SEL and the need to plate the links individually then build the bracelet. that and leaving it in the electrolysis bath longer to get more plate. That doesn't sound like $250 more so we'll need to wait and see what we get..

Reactions: ProGamer73061

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
Does the ARF v3 bracelet fit this watch?
I have the ARF which is plated on the midlinks sides.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
It might. I tried an ARF E5N on my VSF and would needed to have bent the pins to make it fit and the pin that did fit gave shit recess. Gold colour match is another issue...

Reactions: Mille M

ProGamer73061

Renowned Member
14/1/19
Germany
Fuck, you tell me mate!? lol. From what I can tell (which is very little, lol), the only difference will be (provided they do plate the midlink sides) the creation of a three piece SEL and the need to plate the links individually then build the bracelet. that and leaving it in the electrolysis bath longer to get more plate. That doesn't sound like $250 more so we'll need to wait and see what we get..

My Td mean: plated ca. 500 Dollar, wrapped 764 Dollar...
i would order the wrapped. Now I’m not more sure if I’m ready to pay this price at the moment. At the beginning I thought there are 3g real gold in this watch.

Reactions: Venniz

membrelli

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/15
hm, a bit puzzling for them to essentially force you to buy their premium model (that they reportedly make less profit on) to avoid having an obvious and instant tell...
I asked some TDs, Trusty, Intime........... but the photos don't exist. That's what they told me, more or less. They say so.......... If I understand correctly, there will be photos when they receive their orders and then they will. . :eek::eek::eek:

It seems unlikely to me that you advertise something you don't have. But maybe the TDs tell this lie because they don't know what to answer. But is it possible?
In the photos the blue and the parts, which will be the same as the wrapped, seem very nice done to me. Anxiety grows....:D:D

Last edited:

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
Land of Cream Teas and Roast Dinners
So there are no photos available anywhere to promote the so-called expensive version, which is the actual version which the factories/TDs would want to sell more of. Surely someone is having their chain jerked here. If the sides of the links aren't wrapped and lets be honest, is there any way to tell the difference between wrapped and plated, other than scratching the watch, then how do you know that your extra $300 is actually being used for anything?

On top of all of this, I would honestly have a difficult time going for the VSF over the Clean LB; although VSF is my instant go to as I know that their quality and correctness is excellent. Has anyone managed to get photos of both the clean and VSF together for a decent comparison?
The Clean bezel and dial seems pretty damn close to gen along with the rest of the watch (apart from the straight CGs not having the gen slant).

Ah the frustrations of this game.

MikeMeezy77

That’s not 904L…
10/7/20
Michigan
@MJH89

Exactly my thoughts brother! We can almost guarantee a more quality piece from VSF as of right now. The Clean will be hard to beat aesthetically. The VS movement is what I’m seeking out at this point, but without the mid link sides gold I cannot pull the trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Arik dahan

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
The only good thing of the clean factory is the bracelet outside of that the clean is a downgrade in every single aspect compare to the vsf. Bluesy dial is bad, crappy dw, trash xtal, wrong crown guards and so on. People call it bullshit but if you akd every single seller in china they would tell you there are no pictures because on the information shared by vsf it clearly says that the watch will be made to order. It takes up 20 days after ordering im pretty there are very few that were already made. I will wait to see real pictures of it, knowing how good vsf has been so far i would say the extra bucks will be worth it.

MikeMeezy77

That’s not 904L…
10/7/20
Michigan
The only good thing of the clean factory is the bracelet outside of that the clean is a downgrade in every single aspect compare to the vsf. Bluesy dial is bad, crappy dw, trash xtal, wrong crown guards and so on. People call it bullshit but if you akd every single seller in china they would tell you there are no pictures because on the information shared by vsf it clearly says that the watch will be made to order. It takes up 20 days after ordering im pretty there are very few that were already made. I will wait to see real pictures of it, knowing how good vsf has been so far i would say the extra bucks will be worth it.

When skimming through the Clean comparison to Gen I didn't see many flaws...but my eyes are still considered young in the rep game. Still holding out for VSF and def worth the wait. I wouldn't be surprised if they upgraded the plated version's bracelet sometime down the road.

Reactions: Venniz

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
Land of Cream Teas and Roast Dinners
When skimming through the Clean comparison to Gen I didn't see many flaws...but my eyes are still considered young in the rep game. Still holding out for VSF and def worth the wait. I wouldn't be surprised if they upgraded the plated version's bracelet sometime down the road.

feel this is the same for me, I can't see where Clean falls down but I certainly know that the VSF is a quality rep.

Reactions: MikeMeezy77

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Does anyone else see VSF watches with yellow gold in them and just see very brassy orange coloured ‘yellow gold’?
I feel like it’s crummy enough that every VSF TT posted that has yellow gold looks lowsy to me, but I’ve not yet noticed anyone mention it. I’d love for it to be better than any pics of videos I’ve seen (I’ve not yet touched, seen, owned VSF though).

Reactions: Tete

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
I think I’d still love to try it out though, if most of you guys find the gold colour sweet enough to you eyes. Particularly for movement. I’d love to not cop out and go full stainless only.