• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Upcoming VSF Two Tone Gold Submariner 116613LN

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
The Blue one coast 780 dollar. The black one only 728. why is the blue an so much expensive?
The dial... Probably? We've seen LN models go for $528 while LV (and LB) versions go for $568.

Is CF making the blusey dial?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ProGamer73061

Renowned Member
14/1/19
Germany
The dial... Probably? We've seen LN models go for $528 while LV (and LB) versions go for $568.

Is CF making the blusey dial?

I mean in both conditions the wrapped version not plated. I think you tell the price of plated version.

I don’t know which dial the use. I still hope vsf use it from clean.

I don’t would buy both versions.

Gesendet von iPhone 11 Pro Max mit Tapatalk

Hazing

9/5/19
I mean in both conditions the wrapped version not plated. I think you tell the price of plated version.

I don’t know which dial the use. I still hope vsf use it from clean.

I don’t would buy both versions.

No... I know. I'm just saying the plated version had a price difference for models with a Dial or insert that needs special attention.

So it makes sense that the wrapped version still have that same price difference.

Also there has been discussions about the wrapped version costing TDs a lot of money and not leaving much profit for the TDs. And some might be adding a little cushion to make some money. That's just a guess though.

Reactions: ProGamer73061

ProGamer73061

Renowned Member
14/1/19
Germany
No... I know. I'm just saying the plated version had a price difference for models with a Dial or insert that needs special attention.

So it makes sense that the wrapped version still have that same price difference.

Also there has been discussions about the wrapped version costing TDs a lot of money and not leaving much profit for the TDs. And some might be adding a little cushion to make some money. That's just a guess though.

I hope the gold Color, bezel insert and dial looks like gen. In February I will order gehe lb wrapped.

My Td says he don’t know from which factory the insert is. In few weeks he know more.

Gesendet von iPad Pro mit Tapatalk

ProGamer73061

Renowned Member
14/1/19
Germany
Hi guys, I ordered vsf wrapped model yesterday from trustytime and will share with you details as soon as I know more.

Do you have ordered the lb or the ln version?
And how much you have payed? (Only the watch without shipping.)

If your pics looking good, I will pull the trigger directly.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I have been advised that the wrapped VSF116613 does/will indeed have wrapped midlink sides by my TD.

I’m ordering one.

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
I thought in the past that the myth around wrapping versus plating was debunked as fake news. Is this just not a way for the factories to push up costs! Asking for a friend!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I thought in the past that the myth around wrapping versus plating was debunked as fake news. Is this just not a way for the factories to push up costs! Asking for a friend!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So they say.. and they say there is no real gold used either so I don't know wtf they are doing. However, I believe a wrapped one should have a thicker covering of plating than a plated one.

Reactions: Replisimio

petethai

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/11/20
So they say.. and they say there is no real gold used either so I don't know wtf they are doing. However, I believe a wrapped one should have a thicker covering of plating than a plated one.

I guess best way to test would be to compare weight of plated vs wrapped.

Reactions: leo6929

MolluskMan

Known Member
16/10/20
New York, NY
I have been advised that the wrapped VSF116613 does/will indeed have wrapped midlink sides by my TD.

hm, a bit puzzling for them to essentially force you to buy their premium model (that they reportedly make less profit on) to avoid having an obvious and instant tell...

ProGamer73061

Renowned Member
14/1/19
Germany
Wrapped watches have definitely a thicker gold layer.
A wrapped watch is better in polishing.
I think it’s real gold. And gold of wrapped watches are better than plated.

Hazing

9/5/19
I got my QCs. For the regular (plated) version.

It doesn't really show the sides of the midlinks (of course lol) but on one Pic I zoomed in as much/best as I could and part of me thinks they might be covered. Again, this is not the wrapped version.

I just blew up the Pic on a big screen instead of on my phone and you can see the sides of the center end link is not covered.
97c2e172c1b8cea9226c0506122d7866.jpg
c01808a75d98785e37bd24e952a11997.jpg
ca4e2e905edcc9effab03b3b4026f887.jpg
28f00f08678c4f82e4f1d0adca402efb.jpg
57d4e10d51c65bd98f8aeca46272c6fb.jpg

Edit for update

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I think it’s real gold.
Z821W5.gif

Sorry to break it to you buddy, but there is zero gold in a gold rep, its gold colour metals they use (I know no more than that, but it's not gold!).

COPIED FROM STICKY GOLD THREAD..

'The most telling thing, the weight. It weighed out at .60 gm vs 1.30 gm for a closely dimensionally equalivent 18k pendant.....

By this time I was reasonably certain it was not even close to being 18k gold, but I did think it was possible there was some gold content, maybe a super low karatage like 7K or something with a bunch of other alloys in there. So- off to the gold buyers for a preliminary evaluation.

The results were pretty eye opening...let me preface by saying I was more than ready to pay for a professional assay if there had been any karat at all noted by the two places I went to. Turns out it would just be a waste to do it, the first local gold buyer tested it with nitric acid -and then just for kicks (and because I knew him and kinda begged) electronically tested it. Both were completely negative. The results were the same at the second place, and in addition upon my pressing them as to what metal/alloy they thought it might possibly be, gave the opinion since it was not magnetic it was a likely an aluminum bronze composite meant to mimic gold

"Hey! I am expecting REAL gold not phony gold on my phony watch!" The manufacturers are in the replica business are they not? We all know most of the advertising (1:1! Waterproof to 50m! Gen Swiss!) is baloney...so why would the "18k gold wrapped" claim be any different?'

Last edited: