• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The "Who Has the Best Hulk" Review

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
So buy VSF, add ZF dial and ZZF (ARF) bracelet?

You have to check if the zf dial is a direct fit on the vsf, CF dial was not a direct fit, you have to shave it. As for the bracelet vsf is better or on par with ARF, hence why Angus said it had the best Gen feeling.

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
You have to check if the zf dial is a direct fit on the vsf, CF dial was not a direct fit, you have to shave it. As for the bracelet vsf is better or on par with ARF, hence why Angus said it had the best Gen feeling.

Oh I thought all dials were the same, as they should be!

I said bracelet but meant clasp (for the 904L)...

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Guys, I've seen for weeks that Bigpoppad is the world's biggest troll. He lures people in by talking about watches, but soon launches into the most puerile, school playground-esque, totally invented abuse of people just to get a rise. He's a truly disgusting character - just totally ignore him, it's the best way to deal with a troll. Don't flatter his ego with a reply and eventually he'll go away.
Goodness you are salty.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09

Pretty sure i read somewhere that the ARF bracelet doesn’t fit VSF and The VSF SELS are longer and slightly different shape from the gen also. I’m starting to get confused myself. All these pictures but I’m still wondering if the gen bracelet fits any of these cases properly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Pretty sure i read somewhere that the ARF bracelet doesn’t fit VSF and The VSF SELS are longer and slightly different shape from the gen also. I’m starting to get confused myself. All these pictures but I’m still wondering if the gen bracelet fits any of these cases properly

ARF is the one that alone the way changed their bracelets, an Arf bracelet most of the time doesn't fit a Gen and also doesn't fit a vsf unless you got one of those lucky bracelets. There's a member with a Gen that fitted their vsf with the Gen bracelet and it fitted perfectly. As for the sels if you see the comparison of modern classic they look exactly the same as the Gen, I wouldn't take Angus review as a comparison for that because my vsf doesn't look at all like the one Angus took pictures of.

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14

So I thought too but I will be happy with a ZF Dial on a vsf.

I concurred with Angus that ZF dial is the closest to gen like.
Vsf dial is great but ZF is greater as the former still has this obvious sunburst and it is not that I nit pick but it is truly as it is.

Reactions: Yogibear

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
puretime Any insight into the VSF used here? Was it an early piece in production or just a random from the factory that you got? I have seen a couple of images of VSF’s that look a bit different to the one here as well as members saying the same thing? We know VSF are fairly quick to make adjustments during batches, I guess that could account for the variability?

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
ARF is the one that alone the way changed their bracelets, an Arf bracelet most of the time doesn't fit a Gen and also doesn't fit a vsf unless you got one of those lucky bracelets. There's a member with a Gen that fitted their vsf with the Gen bracelet and it fitted perfectly. As for the sels if you see the comparison of modern classic they look exactly the same as the Gen, I wouldn't take Angus review as a comparison for that because my vsf doesn't look at all like the one Angus took pictures of.

Yeah I have noticed some changes over the versions with ARF.. i have enough of them to know it’s hit and miss I had trouble fitting them to my gens. looking at the new VSF smurf there’s something that just doesn’t look right. the LN pics from trusty’s website and modern classics review look more like the gen but some of the recent LN QC pics and smurf QC photos in the VSF Smurf thread don’t look the same. If angus’s pics are of the latest version then I’m wondering if VSF have changed something already because yes they are definitely different to the gen photos in this review.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Even here you can see in modern classics review they don’t seem identical, the gen SELS or lugs are different, gen lugs protrude more slightly and the first link is inside the lug more
5c7e02608d976bc2dfaef5c755bcf127.jpg

Reactions: BiH855

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
Thanks for the great review. A lot of effort has been made here. The hulk dial is also alot about sunburst and behaviour in daylight. It is hardly captured in stills. I find that ZZF dial is much better than VSF compared to gen. It is much finer and smooth in reflecting the sunbursts and turn equally darker like gen when you move it.

Another thing is caseshape and crownguards which has not been mentioned here. Just look at the differences:

Reactions: Navigator H4

arter97

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/7/16
Amazing review! I always knew VSF was the right choice. They just have to make everything in 904L and make some very minor improvements.

Thanks for the write and the photos!

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
And the way to do that is to be condescending and then make out like you're mature. Real cool buddy. I'm off now anyway. Its summer and the pool is cooling

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

I would just chill out a bit more. You can say your piece but there is no point dragging it on. Your not going to change their minds. You have a great replica in the ZF. I mean you got the best replica hulk dial and bracelet...that's huge plus! You got your pros and vsf has their pros.

Varisandel

Looking Around
15/12/20
It is actually weird to see dial on the VSF being so off compared to gen, all photos I've seen to this moment stated different. Been thinking about ZZF v3, ordered VSF instead and now I'm not sure if the choice was right while looking at ZF...

arpa90

2/11/18
It is actually weird to see dial on the VSF being so off compared to gen, all photos I've seen to this moment stated different. Been thinking about ZZF v3, ordered VSF instead and now I'm not sure if the choice was right while looking at ZF...
A dial comparison without sunlight is nonsense.
You guys can check out this video for a sunburst comparsion.

https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDk0....app.5~5!2~5!2~5~5~5!2~5~5!2~5!2~5!2~5~5!20~A

In my opinion the ZZF dial looks closer to gen. But not good enough to get a ZZF over the the VSF.

ornateLover

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/8/20
Every replica hulk has ridiculous laser sunburst that is totally ungen like in high light situations. Comical tell IMO

Cowboy45

12/2/18
USA
Thanks for finally posting this review. Very helpful!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk