• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The "Who Has the Best Hulk" Review

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
so, which one is the best overall hulk ? zf or vsf? I mean for me the important things are SEL, dial and bazel.
I don't know if pull the trigger on hulk (that I love) or other Rol for my daily watch (ym-seaD-DJ)
I don't want to franken enythings
If dial is important to you there's only one choice. ZF

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

audiwt

25/5/18
so, which one is the best overall hulk ? zf or vsf? I mean for me the important things are SEL, dial and bazel.
I don't know if pull the trigger on hulk (that I really love ) or other Rol, meaby 126610 green bazel
I don't want to franken enythings

If you love the Hulk, buy it.

I was in the same situation like you, an i order a VSF Hulk and a ZF Hulk Dial. For me, the best Option.

Gesendet von iPhone 12 PRO MAX mit Tapatalk

swink6112

Known Member
15/7/20
For OOTB just go for the ZF. The VSF dial and bad rehaut will eventually make you wanna get the ZF anyways. My two cents.

Here's my ZF for reference. Look at that dial.

mercurio007

Kindly, would someone tell me if replacing a VSF dial with a ZF dial is a complicated operation? Are the two dials compatible or the ZF dial will have to be modified to fit in the VS3135 movement? Naturally worked by a watchmaker, I don’t have the skills for this

is there any photos of the final result? It would be nice to see

thanks

mhrboy

Renowned Member
Certified
13/4/21
Kindly, would someone tell me if replacing a VSF dial with a ZF dial is a complicated operation? Are the two dials compatible or the ZF dial will have to be modified to fit in the VS3135 movement? Naturally worked by a watchmaker, I don’t have the skills for this

is there any photos of the final result? It would be nice to see

thanks

Interesting questions, also to know about lumes matching with hands/pearl

Omega

Known Member
8/5/09
I got the Noob V12, its major upgrade compare to previous Noob sub. I feel its very close to gen in terms of feel ( bezel click, dial font , date cyclops ). But the biggest flaw will be the bezel font color which is too dull and dark and its very obvious especially when u are talking photo of it under fluorescent light compare to Gen.

But recently, I got a trick. I used a soft brush and brush it hard with soap then dry it for each day. Repeat it for 10 days. After that, the darkness and dull level have slowly diluted and looks much brighter. I took photo of it and no more dark color bezel font..

Save me $500 to get another clean factory version. LOL.

mercurio007

Interesting questions, also to know about lumes matching with hands/pearl

I got a reply on redit, the two dials are not compatible but the ZF dial should be shaved all around to fit in VSF case, it's a bit larger, to make a good job you also need to change the indexes, another dial is the BP, this is plug and play but I don’t know how good it's, this is what I was told, is't a simple job you need a good modder

Gaz1a

Franken Monster
Patron
Certified
6/4/21
LAX
I couldn’t decide so I just bought a Gen dial cuz YOLO. They are all not even close to Gen. I couldn’t stand it. Don’t waste your time on a ZF if you have a VSF. Silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Skydrag

I'm Pretty Popular
1/1/15
my VSF just arrive , happy with all of it
the only little flaw i notice is the dial is slightly to light compare to gen.
overall is a great rep, can’t notice that in your wrist

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS
Agree that nothing beats gen but

Gen >>> ZF > CF (used on VSF)

Reactions: Gaz1a

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

mercurio007

Just buy one of these and learn how to be happy with "most of the way there".

https://jtime.io/us/special-discoun...edition-316l-ss-case-and-bracelet-vr3135.html

The best bang for the buck right now. Anything else is just money down the drain for imperceptibly marginal improvement.

Spending 4K to put a gen dial in a rep watch is, well not something I would do to put it nicely. It's still a rep.

I agree with you, 4k when you’re lucky!
If I have to tell the truth I don’t understand who spends 2K/3K for crystal dial DW hands crown for LN, when inside beats a false heart anyway, will it just be to deceive others?
If I can better my rep at a reasonable price I agree, but not with those prices

Reactions: KJ2020

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Just buy one of these and learn how to be happy with "most of the way there".

https://jtime.io/us/special-discoun...edition-316l-ss-case-and-bracelet-vr3135.html

The best bang for the buck right now. Anything else is just money down the drain for imperceptibly marginal improvement.

Spending 4K to put a gen dial in a rep watch is, well not something I would do to put it nicely. It's still a rep.

Totally agreed. that's why I said, that i would go GEN if it wouldn't be that expensive.

But a ZF Dial or 79USD is a reasonable cost.