• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The "Who Has the Best Hulk" Review

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Yes thanks will look into those to you suggested.

Oh its not me, its all the forum members. You wont have problems with any of these dealers. And if you should, you can go via the forum admins and mods.
But if you have some more questions, feel free to ask. Have fun with your Experience:)

Xerocool

Horology Curious
10/2/21
Oh its not me, its all the forum members. You wont have problems with any of these dealers. And if you should, you can go via the forum admins and mods.
But if you have some more questions, feel free to ask. Have fun with your Experience:)
Thanks for sharing indeed very helpful from you guys.yes for sure is a wise idea to buy from a td hopefully less issue and guarantee satisfaction with the money you spend. Thanks a lot man

Liquid Snake

Known Member
28/2/21
Florida
ZF vs VSF. Tough decisions. I am leaning ZF that dial looks so good. Is VSF really the best choice? My next Rep in the near future is going to be a hulk. Especially since they discontinued it. Is the dial color really that different on the VSF?

Reactions: moretto

Mc Queen

Renowned Member
11/10/20
Italy
ZF vs VSF. Tough decisions. I am leaning ZF that dial looks so good. Is VSF really the best choice? My next Rep in the near future is going to be a hulk. Especially since they discontinued it. Is the dial color really that different on the VSF?

They have both pro and cons. The zf has better dial but worse crystal, hands and cg. The vsf has a great quality, great crystal and bracelet but the sunburst of the dial is too strong.

Reactions: moretto

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19

Most important part of a hulk is the dial and with how much it costs to buy a gen dial is crazy so that's why I went ZF. Buy Gen crystal and you got one solid hulk replica.
Hands show rough finish on ZF when really zoomed in... if it bugs you, it's easy swap/buy.

Bezel action feels solid and the rehaut looks really clean. You can't go wrong with either factory.

bupeapoop

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/9/20
This was quite honestly one of the very best comparison reviews I've had the pleasure of reading. So much so that I think the VSF Hulk is going to be my next purchase.

Thanks puretime for such an in-depth review. This must have taken you quite a while to write up!

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
This was quite honestly one of the very best comparison reviews I've had the pleasure of reading. So much so that I think the VSF Hulk is going to be my next purchase.

Thanks puretime for such an in-depth review. This must have taken you quite a while to write up!

Good choice. But you should never forget that every TD is "near" to one or two factories, and as kind of "influencer" they are never 100% Neutral.

bupeapoop

5/9/20
Yeah you're definitely right there. All reviews from TDs are to be taken with a pinch of salt. I think GingerBubba nailed it on the head with his first post where he said:

Slightly laughable how you bumped up the ZF scores a few times (compared to the blind scoring), but great comparative review nevertheless, thanks for doing it.

It's a great review nonetheless and I'd love to see more of these in-depth reviews as I think they can be extremely beneficial to everyone who has even a little interest in the particular watch under review.

A.Watch.Enthusiast

29/3/21
UK
Well I put an order through for a NOOB sub, read this review and contacted my TD to change it for a VSF which he was happy to do as it wasn’t sourced yet. I can’t wait for it to arrive. QC pics either tomorrow or Tuesday due to their Quing Ming etc. Absolute amazing review so credit to you. It helped me massively being a noob in the industry.

Reactions: Tijdwijzer

dongs

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
16/8/18
EU
Hi,
does anyone have the link to the youtube vid of a macro comparison gen/rep with sounds.
I can refind it...

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Can’t believe this thread is still going lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swink6112

Known Member
15/7/20
What about the Clean Factory Hulk? We'll not talk about anything else because to me the new reps are all superb but I think what separates them is the deep green and sunburst effect of the dial.

Is the Clean Hulk dial better or worse than ZF? At the moment I own both VSF and ZF hulk and there's no comparison when it comes to the deep green and gen-like sunburst effect that the ZF dial is able to produce. Next to a gen it is almost indistinguishable. From what I gathered the Clean Hulk dial still suffers from the "yellow sunburst" effect just like the VSF just not as much. Is this true?

My ZF Hulk as reference. Notice the really deep green even in a brightly lit room.

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
What about the Clean Factory Hulk? We'll not talk about anything else because to me the new reps are all superb but I think what separates them is the deep green and sunburst effect of the dial.

Is the Clean Hulk dial better or worse than ZF? At the moment I own both VSF and ZF hulk and there's no comparison when it comes to the deep green and gen-like sunburst effect that the ZF dial is able to produce. Next to a gen it is almost indistinguishable. From what I gathered the Clean Hulk dial still suffers from the "yellow sunburst" effect just like the VSF just not as much. Is this true?

My ZF Hulk as reference. Notice the really deep green even in a brightly lit room.

It's night and day. ZF has better cg, gen like bezel action. Best dial for hulks. And the coronet doesn't fall off the clasp like VSF does. Even the rehaut is finished nicer on the ZF.

ZF nailed all the things that are either too expensive to franken or impossible to franken.

Reactions: swink6112

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
It's night and day. ZF has better cg, gen like bezel action. Best dial for hulks. And the coronet doesn't fall off the clasp like VSF does. Even the rehaut is finished nicer on the ZF.

ZF nailed all the things that are either too expensive to franken or impossible to franken.

How is the crystal quality on the ZF? Im stuck deciding between a ZF and a clean factory hulk at the moment…

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
How is the crystal quality on the ZF? Im stuck deciding between a ZF and a clean factory hulk at the moment…

It's good, it's up there with VSF. Both still need a genuine crystal IMO. You will definitely enjoy a genuine crystal on a ZF hulk because of its dial.

Reactions: swink6112

swink6112

Known Member
15/7/20

Thank you for your input sir. Now I can enjoy my ZF in peace :p

nikshield01

Horology Curious
4/8/18
so, which one is the best overall hulk ? zf or vsf? I mean for me the important things are SEL, dial and bazel.
I don't know if pull the trigger on hulk (that I really love ) or other Rol, meaby 126610 green bazel
I don't want to franken enythings

Last edited: