• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Question about the VSF 3235 movement

Samgobigs

11/2/20
For those people who have purchased a VSF factory watch with the 3235 movement, how are you actually finding it? Are you actually getting the ~70 hours of power reserve?

How accurate is it? How many seconds a day are you gaining / losing?

Any shortcomings of this movement? Noisy movement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Bro - you seem to worry a lot. Get yourself a drink...

On a serious note, I haven't had an issue with that movement in six years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayalvin777

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
For those people who have purchased a VSF factory watch with the 3235 movement, how are you actually finding it? Are you actually getting the ~70 hours of power reserve?

I am not an expert but someone said it tested to 66 hours of reserve. Pretty impressive if you ask me. Regarding accuracy, usually the TDs will indicate it (+ -) when they send you the QC pics.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18

You have to give it some more time to get any data that is reliable. VS3235 is not even 3 months old ;)

Regarding noise - you are probably aware even the gen 3235 is very noisy (was a step back wards in may ways for Rolex. They did improve power reserve but a noisy movement)

Reactions: Katarsis

pyr097

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
30/1/20
Will report as soon as i get my dj 41 vsf

Samgobigs

11/2/20
Bro - you seem to worry a lot. Get yourself a drink...

On a serious note, I haven't had an issue with that movement in six years.

Are we talking about the same movement? The VSF 3235 has only been released a few months ago.

Don’t worry, I’m not too stressed about it. There was a different post about how factories claim they made their watches with 904L steel when in fact they weren’t . Yes I know it’s a topic for a different discussion, but it has made me approach claims from factories with some healthy skepticism unless verified by the community.

Reactions: Kiwiguy and Pietros

Doc_Savage

Amor Fati
Certified
18/3/19
Michigan
Last week I received a ZZF V3 Sub No Date with the 3130 movement that felt like it had sand in the movement when you wound it. You could hear the gears grinding from across the room. It felt like I was going to break it just by winding it. Really shocking that the TD passed this dud on to me. The buyer can't screen the QC photos for this, so I expect the TD to screen something like this.

I don't like to send anything back, but this one was ridiculously bad, so I contacted the TD for a replacement. They are being stand-up about it and sending a new one, so I'll report back when it gets here.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
And that's why we have TDs - great to hear they're replacing it. Often they tell you to send it back or get it seen to yourself (and offer a discount on the next order as compensation).

Yes, it's possible that it was crunchy and horrible when it went through QC, the TDs are busy busy busy and it could have been a case of them not checking thoroughly enough. But it's also possible that some crud got knocked out of a nook (or cranny) in transit and caused the problem.

Reactions: Doc_Savage

Doc_Savage

Amor Fati
Certified
18/3/19
Michigan
And that's why we have TDs - great to hear they're replacing it. Often they tell you to send it back or get it seen to yourself (and offer a discount on the next order as compensation).

Yes, it's possible that it was crunchy and horrible when it went through QC, the TDs are busy busy busy and it could have been a case of them not checking thoroughly enough. But it's also possible that some crud got knocked out of a nook (or cranny) in transit and caused the problem.

You're right - either scenario could be true. I suspect it's the former, but I don't know for sure, so I didn't accuse the TD (or name them here). I just presented them with the issue and let them respond. Like you say, I am glad we have RWI TDs. It is a credit both to them and to this forum that we have responsive vendors.

Last edited:

Adidou

Looking Around
27/4/21
Hello, this is my first post. I bought a vsf dj41 with the vs3235 movement for trustytime a month ego (my first réplica). The qc pic was telling the movement is gaining 1s/day. But 2 weeks ago i tried to assess if the 1s/day is true, i set up the watch exact at the same hour minute and sec with my iPhone and 24h later i found that my watch Was 8seconds more than my iPhone. I did this test exactly in april the 10th ans i am wearing this watch every day. And today i observed that my watch is 3min and 15sec more than my iphone in only 17 days. It means that the watch is going almost 11s per day faster. So i am little bit boring about that because i can t understand how the qc shows 1s/day and after a test of 24h i found 8s and after 17days i found an average of 11sec. Someone can tell me what happened?

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
Hello, this is my first post. I bought a vsf dj41 with the vs3235 movement for trustytime a month ego (my first réplica). The qc pic was telling the movement is gaining 1s/day. But 2 weeks ago i tried to assess if the 1s/day is true, i set up the watch exact at the same hour minute and sec with my iPhone and 24h later i found that my watch Was 8seconds more than my iPhone. I did this test exactly in april the 10th ans i am wearing this watch every day. And today i observed that my watch is 3min and 15sec more than my iphone in only 17 days. It means that the watch is going almost 11s per day faster. So i am little bit boring about that because i can t understand how the qc shows 1s/day and after a test of 24h i found 8s and after 17days i found an average of 11sec. Someone can tell me what happened?

Thats normale for a not serviced replica.

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe

Thats normale for a not serviced replica.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
It means that the watch is going almost 11s per day faster. So i am little bit boring about that because i can t understand how the qc shows 1s/day and after a test of 24h i found 8s and after 17days i found an average of 11sec. Someone can tell me what happened?

Your fake watch is more accurate than a real watch with a genuine top grade ETA. Congratulations.

The timegraph shows timekeeping in 1 position at 1 temperature at 1 moment in time - it is not an accurate measurement of how the watch performs over a 24 hour period.

Adidou

Looking Around
27/4/21
Thank you for your reply. So I understand it s normal. I got a gen santos 100 XL chrono which got an ETA 7753 movement, so i ll do the test to assess which one is more accurate :)
i live in France and i dont know where can i get my rep watch serviced, if it can help to get it more accurate ????

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
To the topic - the movement in my VSF 126610LN is shit. The date quick set broke after about two months, the power reserve is nowhere near the advertised amount (when fully wound it lasts about a day, but strangely in the night it looses 3-4 hours and runs normal again then) and it's also not super accurate. So I guess I will get a replacement movement if possible as soon as VSF starts again. If I can't get a new movement, I will probably just get a new watch.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
To the topic - the movement in my VSF 126610LN is shit. The date quick set broke after about two months, the power reserve is nowhere near the advertised amount (when fully wound it lasts about a day, but strangely in the night it looses 3-4 hours and runs normal again then) and it's also not super accurate. So I guess I will get a replacement movement if possible as soon as VSF starts again. If I can't get a new movement, I will probably just get a new watch.

I had back luck with mine also. It wasn't running well, maybe -20 s/d so of course I wanted to regulate it. The first time I touched the regulator arm, the movement became completely unstable. I couldn't get it to settle back down even after a servicing and hours of tinkering. In the process it stopped winding manually and I had to make a replacement washer to fit on top of the intermediate wheel. I was able to procure a new balance M2M.

After servicing before new balance, best I could achieve
Zw8pbk.jpg

After new balance
ZfImpi.jpg

Intermediate wheel that permits winding -original rep part
ZT0jQ1.jpg

Rep washer on right, homemade replacement on left
ZXNQHL.jpg

Replacement installed
ZXfAlt.jpg

Then as a result of many removals and installs of the train bridge the top pinion of the escape wheel broke. I replaced it with a gen part but it wasn't compatible with the rep pallet fork so that had to be replaced with a gen also.

Z44cLI.jpg

A new movement is about $250, so I still came out ahead but it was a bit of an ordeal to get it working right. Bosshua007 and Trusty both said they could get the movement, but that was before the raids.

Last edited:

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
Thanks for the pics and details about it. As I can't do that stuff myself, I think I will just get a completely new watch as soon as possible again and sell the other one cheap for spare parts or to someone who wears it daily and moves a lot as it's working without any issues then.

Reactions: KJ2020

Snil

Certified
18/8/20
Nordic
Is it possible to swap in a 3135 clone movement in to the watches delivered with 3235? 41mm Sub and DJ in particular.

Reactions: wilsonpepper

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Is it possible to swap in a 3135 clone movement in to the watches delivered with 3235? 41mm Sub and DJ in particular.

The movements are different sizes so some modding would have to be done to fit the 3135 to the 3235 case - custom movement holder maybe. Also the dials are very different and would need some modding. The back of a 3235 dial has a rim underneath that hugs the movement and has no dial feet. The two movements use a different DW too so the date may not align in the date window - more likely an issue on the Sub than the DJ41 because the 126 Sub dial is slightly larger than the 116. IDK of anyone who has done this.

Zpy0cc.jpg

Last edited: