• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

To all the Submariner lovers, "What is your favorite non Rolex replica ?"

museguy

19/10/12
Dear rcom440

Merry Christmas ! Thank you for the wonderful photos.

I am slowly coming over to the Panerai dark side. This morning I spoke with my sister about planning a post-COVID-19 trip to Tulum Mexico (hope, hope) and was thinking a Panerai on a rubber strap would be perfect for the trip.

Is there a smaller (I have a 7" wrist) Panerai Super Rep NWBIG without a crown guard ? I like the look of the watch above.

Thank you !

Cheers

Found this beauty searching;
ZySZvQ.png

https://www.phillips.com/detail/panerai/HK080220/998

Last edited:

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Dear rcom440

I am slowly coming over to the Panerai dark side. This morning I spoke with my sister about planning a post-COVID-19 trip to Tulum Mexico (hope, hope) and was thinking a Panerai on a rubber strap would be perfect for the trip.

Is there a smaller (I have a 7" wrist) Panerai Super Rep NWBIG without a crown guard ? I like the look of the watch above.

Thank you !

Cheers

I was actually a Rolex fan but I switched to panerai. There is something special about panerai watches. But I miss Rolex. I will be adding a few new Rolex replicas in the mix.
For 7inch wrist you don’t need to go small but you would have to get used to bigger watches than 40mm Rolex Subs. My wrist is 7.35imch and I can easily pull 47mm panerai. On pictures 47mm pams look pretty big but in real life they look quite good on my wrist.
pams without crown guard are called Radiomir. I’m not sure if there are any Radiomir available from TDs. It seems they are all sold out. I think some of VSF pam388 may be still available. They are 45mm, automatic with date window.
Maybe you should try luminor marina (crown guard models). Classics like 005 or 111 are great on rubber strap. If you choose those go for XF factory. There are some quality issues with noob latest batches. Anything from VSF factory for panerai is also a good option.
If you decide to go to Mexico be very careful while wearing anything that looks expensive. Stay safe.

Byrnedogs1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/12/18
f8c72a1d2f4fc9d118d76b261a0ee156.jpg

This one for me, with its history being so closely aligned to the sub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: museguy

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Pam690. Unfortunately they got discontinued.

Thanks. So many classic PAMs get discontinued but they seem to be making a comeback. Hoping that's the case for this one although I'm a bit unsure about venturing out to acquiring a 47mm model. This definitely challenges that though, what a piece.

Last edited:

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Hoping that's the case for this one although I'm a bit unsure about venturing out to acquiring a 47mm model. This definitely challenges that though, what a piece.

I felt the same way at the very beginning but now I don’t think 47mm pams are huge. They look huge in pictures but in real life they don’t look that big on my wrist and I have a medium size wrist.
at the beginning it may take time to get used to 47mm but after a while you will love them.

Reactions: museguy and Duckber

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Dear rcom440

Thank you !

Cheers
VSF just came out with a 1033 which is a blue dial 44mm gmt. I just ordered one. Here is my QC Pic.

Also VSF also makes a 688 which is almost the same as the 1033 but 42mm.
cd3eb0ebe42b188535d8d2c7b10699e5.jpg

Also and on a side note, be prepared. When I came to this board I was mostly a Rolex guy. I had like 20 Rolex reps and 1 shitty Panerai rep.

When I got here, I purchased a 1 good Panerai rep.

6 months later I had 2 Rolex models and 15 Panerai. When the Panerai bug bites, it bites hard.

Last edited:

museguy

19/10/12
VSF just came out with a 1033 which is a blue dial 44mm gmt. I just ordered one. Here is my QC Pic.

Also VSF also makes a 688 which is almost the same as the 1033 but 42mm.
cd3eb0ebe42b188535d8d2c7b10699e5.jpg

Also and on a side note, be prepared. When I came to this board I was mostly a Rolex guy. I had like 20 Rolex reps and 1 shitty Panerai rep.

When I got here, I purchased a 1 good Panerai rep.

6 months later I had 2 Rolex models and 15 Panerai. When the Panerai bug bites, it bites hard.

Dear Hazing,

Happy New Year !

Beautiful watch (VSF 1033), thank you for sharing.

Are there any decent PAM574 or PAM620 or similar? Either manual winding or micro rotor ? Thank you !

Cheers

museguy

19/10/12
Hi All,
Happy New Year !

Thank you for your suggestions on a non-Submariner / non-Rolex watch to love.

Last week received a DHgate AP 15400 from Jason007 ($105 shipped). It has not been off my wrist. I am surprised at how much I like the design. Although very different than the 116610LN in it's own way the 15400 satisfies a similar aesthetic as the 116610LN. The details of the dial and bracelet keep me coming back to the watch.

Planned next purchases, I welcome any suggestions :
  1. XF V5 Blue Pelagos 2824
  2. ARF Explorer (214270) SH3135
  3. VSF 12116610LN
  4. VSF V2 Seamaster Diver 300M 2018
ZnTuOW.jpg
ZnTvdS.jpg
ZnTsjP.jpg

Cheers !

Last edited:

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Dear Hazing,

Happy New Year !

Beautiful watch (VSF 1033), thank you for sharing.

Are there any decent PAM574 or PAM620 or similar? Either manual winding or micro rotor ? Thank you !

Cheers
Hi. Sorry for the delay I missed this. I think there was a 574. I'm not 100 % sure but like 90% but it was last year. I doubt it is still made. Also years ago there was one made by one of the big factories that might be out there M2M. Maybe. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BROGG

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/1/21
Berthoud, Colorado

I can't stop looking at the Cartier Tank watches! I know Cartier isn't strictly watches and is more fashion than anything, but dang it's good lookin!

FerdinandTzeDzjerman

Known Member
Certified
29/10/18
NRW, Germany
I get you! I also had my ARF submariner glued to my arm. Just kept following the M2M sales thread and ended up with a B&R Bronze 03-92, A blue Pelagos and a Gen vintage Sub to which I ordered a NATO strap to make it look like James Bond left it spinning in my winder. I figured out that I could match my watch to my clothing, so now I'm going for the full colour scheme, I need a Kermit (preferably A Tudor Black Bay Harrods) and a red bezel watch. Black Bay as well. Hopefully I'll have my collection complete then. Probably not though, it's quite an addiction to keep looking.