• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Upcoming Datejust 126334 with VS3235 72hrs Power Reserve

MSC19

Renowned Member
Supporter
8/5/20
Earth
Many of the VS3235 has been having time keeping and regulation issues. Quite a few members reporting it on the sub thread. While a gen bezel gives the most accurate aesthetics, in my opinion the better value for money is to get the VSF bezel WG coated by Nikz and use the remaining money to put gen balance/bridge, autowind module, barrel/mainspring and ratchet wheel. Will probably cost a bit more but will yield much more longevity and accurate time keeping.

This is also my opinion, that is why mine looks like this on the outside
and like this on the inside

But that combo of gen Wimbledon dial plus fluted bezel is amazing...

Reactions: srhoque

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Beautiful build mate.
A franken like this is on my list. Can you advise roughly how much a build like this costs?

Cheers

too much bro, just Wimbledon dial + gen bezel raise the price of € 2,500.00 :)
you could avoid the gen ring (which is also very hard to find) and still have a nice franken. I must add that the VSF is also wonderful stock ;-)

Reactions: SKnight and Bobi01

Patricdeen

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
19/6/20
Iwo in Germania
Hey, a question for those who have a VSF Datejust. Is it possible to find out which charge you have based on the serial number? Now that I'm getting one that starts with the number "8Y8X..." And my current has "R85X..." can anyone help me?

Manuel.b

Renowned Member
15/1/21
Italia
Hey, a question for those who have a VSF Datejust. Is it possible to find out which charge you have based on the serial number? Now that I'm getting one that starts with the number "8Y8X..." And my current has "R85X..." can anyone help me?
“R85X”

GG2019

Patron
Certified
23/12/19
Uk
What’s the correct gen crown to fit the VSF? Any mods needed? Is the tube needed as well ?

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Please, could anyone tell me if the VSF crown has changed? I have 2 VSF and they have different crown, one is more thinner.

Thanks

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Wich is crown correct reference for 126334?

604 or 605?

Wich one fix on VSF 126334 tube?

I have this gen crown (I don't know wich is 604 or 605) and don't fix :-(

Wich reference is that crown?

Thanks

Correct crown for DJ41 126334 = 605-0
Correct tube = 5340

I will do the same build.

Mine will get a reshape on top and not sure about the dial color yet.
Also thinking about a Wimbledon. Could get one for a reasonable price but still more expensive than a silver dial for sure. So let’s see.

Regarding bracelet I want to clarify something:

There was some members reporting, at the sides of the ARF the curves are sharply shaved and more precise than VSF bracelet. Then I had a look at my VSF and my ARF and in fact, VSF links are more rounded while ARF look sharp.

In addition someone reported that his end link codes on VSF are two different ones which is also somehow not correct and I figured the same on my watch.

Now, there comes the big BUT:
It seems that all these posts are not based on clear comparison to gen standards!!

First, I thought damn, my codes are wrong and the edges are shaped too round.
This drives me crazy because the ARF bracelet doesn’t fit without showing some gaps at the SELs.

But then, I checked some stuff and figured out:
There is three versions of genuine Datejust Jubilee bracelets:
One without any SEL code
One with same SEL code
One with two different SEL codes

So SEL codes can be different indeed also on gens

Second, I checked my genuine jubilee bracelet on my genuine GMT master.
And what do I see here? The edges are also more rounded and not sharp like the ARF ones.

So now I’m asking you: is the ARF really the better bracelet??? Seems that the VSF is more in detail. And for the clasp: it can be changed easily!!

srhoque

28/11/18
So now I’m asking you: is the ARF really the better bracelet??? Seems that the VSF is more in detail. And for the clasp: it can be changed easily!!

For me (and I understand it is a subjective opinion), ARF jubilee any day over VSF. The VSF may have gotten the finer details right (I still have to compare mine to ARF to confirm) but what matters to me the most is how comfortable it sits and hugs the wrist. I have an ARF DJ41 franken build and the ARF bracelet has never caught on to any hair or felt uncomfortable on the wrist. Once the bracelet got a spa treatment, links were quite and moved around effortlessly. My VSF on the other hand often catches wrist hair and still feels a bit stiff even after spa treatment. The other thing I like about ARF is the finish difference (between the mirror polish and the rest) is quite pleasing to the eye.

Reactions: KJ2020 and mega12

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
For me (and I understand it is a subjective opinion), ARF jubilee any day over VSF. The VSF may have gotten the finer details right (I still have to compare mine to ARF to confirm) but what matters to me the most is how comfortable it sits and hugs the wrist. I have an ARF DJ41 franken build and the ARF bracelet has never caught on to any hair or felt uncomfortable on the wrist. Once the bracelet got a spa treatment, links were quite and moved around effortlessly. My VSF on the other hand often catches wrist hair and still feels a bit stiff even after spa treatment. The other thing I like about ARF is the finish difference (between the mirror polish and the rest) is quite pleasing to the eye.

Fair point. Never tried the VSF as a whole. Just used the VSF “fixed” links together with ARF removable ones including ARF clasp. No problems with my hairs so far. But as mentioned, never tried the complete bracelet. Probably I should do this to see and feel the difference

Reactions: srhoque

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
I received yesterday a mint VSF TT black dial from an M2M sale, and I must say I'm very impressed by the overall feeling of it. Great presence and good look on the wrist. One can always argue about the YG plating color tone, but unless you have a gen beside it under specific light, it's not something anyone will tick on.

The non plated sides of the links can be considered as negligence or lazyness from VSF. Regarding their skills in replica watchmaking we all agree it's a miss. But this is properly unseen once the watch on the wrist, and basically all the rest on this watch is really good :

- Crystal has a decent black hole effect, better than I expected.

- I have'nt timegraphed it yet but VS3235 keeps great time so far. I can't say about PR yet as I've had the watch for a day only but it looks like it can hold much longer. The DW looks quite good.

- The black dial has a nice sunburst and is overall well done.

- The bracelet, gold plating "scandal" aside, feels very comfortable. Clasp work feels a bit weak but it locks up good enough, no deal breaker here.

Overall it's a good OOTB TT DJ to me, if not the best. I had the idea to build a franken of this model from a ARF base watch for a long time, but this VSF does a pretty good job just as it is. I'm still thinking about gen hands, as nothing beats gen hands, but that is a great watch IMO.

Here are a few pics, don't hesitate to ask for more if needed.
9406970ca2ba9f12c3a4cf9e75fb02a3.jpg
2707c89dd2db7de3bd71ef3b1818b615.jpg
cca7bb73c8c203cd0474b329e393dc3b.jpg
f4cee38dbf3bde68d605705039e64aad.jpg
36129b3817c1aeac85943f360cd60883.jpg
10d6f273a20f0ca4cd0213a19f7a00b1.jpg
400cc970333f235b93fff27d3296825c.jpg
6c6e073a4dd3c14644ba8285016eaf34.jpg

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited: