• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Upcoming Datejust 126334 with VS3235 72hrs Power Reserve

SKnight

8/7/19
Asking a TD that question is quite funny to me lol.

ARF definitely has the best bracelet ever across all their products. Just be aware sometimes they dont always give the perfect fit to the watch, this is based on my past experiences with other factory+arf bracelet combo.

I actually find your comment quite funny, asking a TD makes the most sense because as dealers they're in the best position to either know or get the information because its their business.

Reactions: The Fixer

Buythedip

Supporter
Certified
1/2/21
Here and there, but more there
I have been in the market for a SS Rolex for a while. I had been considering Noob YM1, Noob Explorer 2 white dial or ARF OP39 black dial.
But today I pulled the trigger on Blue DJ2, Oyster strap with smooth bezel (from Trusty) as it was impossible to ignore the quality of the pics and reviews in this thread.

Separately, a friend was able to get me onto the list for OP41mm Green dial from his AD, and today I was told I was next in line (how true this is, is yet TBC. I may get there and be asked to buy 15 Omega's before I can even look at the OP41). Hopefully we see a VSF version of the OP41mm and I can do a similar thread.

Thanks for all the info

Reactions: Tony12345

Dragonfly35

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/4/20
Sunny country
where i can buy just the VSF bracelet ?

Try asking your td, mate.
I believe it came attached to the watch you told you've already bought, but I could be wrong.
Or maybe no? Or maybe your watch will came with another bracelet?
Maybe you are lucky and your vsf rep will came with the ARf bracelet... Who knows?
Rep world is a crazy world...
:hehehe:

Updog

18/7/19
Just received my VSF Blue jubilee. Great build quality but not very impressed with the bracelet quality (am I being picky??). ARF jubilee has better build/polish and wears more comfortable on the wrist. The ARF claps also feels better to me. Otherwise, I am loving it.

Thanks for the this, bracelet quality hasn't really been touched upon. Can you let us know when you got the ARF bracelet, was it new with the watch? Some reports are coming out that ARF is not as good as it once was.
Also on the comfort, do you think this is something that would be improved by edge polishing and ultrasonic cleaning/oil bath?

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Thanks for the this, bracelet quality hasn't really been touched upon. Can you let us know when you got the ARF bracelet, was it new with the watch? Some reports are coming out that ARF is not as good as it once was.
Also on the comfort, do you think this is something that would be improved by edge polishing and ultrasonic cleaning/oil bath?

I think sometimes it's a batch variation my vsf jubilee is really comfortable and doesn't have sharp edges but i heard from some people they got jubilee bracelet with sharp edges or even worst cases some people's bracelet get deatched. i feel weird wearing my sub after the vsf jubilee cuz it's so comfortable and lightweight.

Reactions: Kevstah and Updog

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18

My ARF bracelet is from the ARF DJ41 which was purchased last year. Based on my experience with the VSF DJ41 and 126610 Kermit, frankly they haven’t been able to match ARF bracelet quality yet. The ARF feels solidly built on hand and the clacking sound (after some oil bath) is almost like gen feel. I am replacing the removable links and clasp on both the VSF with ARF and getting it refinished.

Reactions: Bobi01 and Updog

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
My ARF bracelet is from the ARF DJ41 which was purchased last year. Based on my experience with the VSF DJ41 and 126610 Kermit, frankly they haven’t been able to match ARF bracelet quality yet. The ARF feels solidly built on hand and the clacking sound (after some oil bath) is almost like gen feel. I am replacing the removable links and clasp on both the VSF with ARF and getting it refinished.

Even ARF has bad batches. The bracelets on their batman is clearly not on par with their usual quality

DoctorDark

Known Member
16/2/19
Los Angeles
I will tell you guys this. I literally own a Gen Datejust 41 Blue and I was sweating trying to correctly determine which one was rep and which one was gen in the comparison pics in the thread. Mind you the quality of the photos didn't help because I couldn't directly compare the print with my watch in hand so that was making things harder. Still the biggest tell I could see immediately was the blue on the dial. The rep shined brighter than my gen. The gen tends to stay dark in most light unless it sees direct sunlight and in certain light conditions come across with purplish tint to the blue rather than the electric blue of the rep. Still astonishing job on part of the rep makers from afar.

Also without a doubt there is gonna be a difference in the feel of the watch to the touch. Its going to be outrageously difficult for any rep bracelet to feel as good as a rolex jubilee because its feels like wearing something smooth as silk when you wear the gen. I've tried on the new rep bracelets (my friend has the rhodium dial version) and from afar I couldn't tell the difference but the moment I touched the bracelet clasp and felt it on the wrist I could tell. Without the personal in-hand gen experience however (and the fact that the gen is my daily) I doubt I would have been able to tell (unless the bracelet has weird hot spots of some sort.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Gioz and Turbo350z

Just4Peep

Known Member
19/7/10
I have a question, does the smooth bezel version come standard with the jubilee bracelet from Rolex? I thought the oyster bracelet was only available on the smooth bezel? Maybe I'm mistaken?

Gioz

Known Member
4/6/19
I will tell you guys this. I literally own a Gen Datejust 41 Blue and I was sweating trying to correctly determine which one was rep and which one was gen in the comparison pics in the thread. Mind you the quality of the photos didn't help because I couldn't directly compare the print with my watch in hand so that was making things harder. Still the biggest tell I could see immediately was the blue on the dial. The rep shined brighter than my gen. The gen tends to stay dark in most light unless it sees direct sunlight and in certain light conditions come across with purplish tint to the blue rather than the electric blue of the rep. Still astonishing job on part of the rep makers from afar.

Also without a doubt there is gonna be a difference in the feel of the watch to the touch. Its going to be outrageously difficult for any rep bracelet to feel as good as a rolex jubilee because its feels like wearing something smooth as silk when you wear the gen. I've tried on the new rep bracelets (my friend has the rhodium dial version) and from afar I couldn't tell the difference but the moment I touched the bracelet clasp and felt it on the wrist I could tell. Without the personal in-hand gen experience however (and the fact that the gen is my daily) I doubt I would have been able to tell (unless the bracelet has weird hot spots of some sort.)

Really happy to have buy replica now ( we have come very close to perfection (at least 20 times lower price)

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
I have a question, does the smooth bezel version come standard with the jubilee bracelet from Rolex? I thought the oyster bracelet was only available on the smooth bezel? Maybe I'm mistaken?
It's more common to combine smooth with oyster and fluted with jubilee but it's not a rule. Not in the rep world or in the real world :)

Just watch some Google pics or Youtube vids and you will see different combos

Last edited:

DoctorDark

Known Member
16/2/19
Los Angeles

No there is no limitations to the combinations. However its more popular to go with the smooth bezel - oyster bracelet combination for a more sporty look and the fluted bezel - jubilee bracelet for the more dressy look.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buythedip

Mo1pheu5

Horology Curious
19/2/19
Which dial you guys think is closest to gen? Is Rhodium or blue quite of? Reading mixed opinions here.

Last edited:

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
My VSF has arrived. I'm overall pleased. Mostly with dial color, DW/crystal and movement feeling (compared to A2824, as my old ARF had).

But there are some unexpected drawbacks with this praised model as well that haven't been mentioned here (I think). Will come back with more info soon. First, some pics. No outdoor pics as it was dark when it arrived.