• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Upcoming Datejust 126334 with VS3235 72hrs Power Reserve

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
For that matter, none of the parts swap is "needed" but we still do it :D Changing the autowind (and barrel + ratchet wheel) always contributes to power reserve reliability and longevity. Anyways, enjoy in good health!! The blue dial is lovely.

that’s so true lol

Guess you can call me shallow as I only care about how it looks outside :p

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
that’s so true lol

Guess you can call me shallow as I only care about how it looks outside :p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Absolutely not, we are all different with separate priorities, that's what makes this forum useful and learn from each other. I just happen to come from a different "school" (call me wierd), hence my ask. 40-60% of my effort/spend on any project goes towards the movement fortification, like to always start with a solid foundation.

Reactions: jiro

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Absolutely not, we are all different with separate priorities, that's what makes this forum useful and learn from each other. I just happen to come from a different "school" (call me wierd), hence my ask. 40-60% of my effort/spend on any project goes towards the movement fortification, like to always start with a solid foundation.

Haha I know, I'm totally messing with you my friend! Lol

But yes, you're right everyone has different priorities when it comes to mod.

I do respect how you start from having solid foundation. ;)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
I recall reading somewhere that the manual wind will screw up after a while for the 3235, they need to fix this to make it a more reliable movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
I recall reading somewhere that the manual wind will screw up after a while for the 3235, they need to fix this to make it a more reliable movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, you wrote that 5 posts back, no need to write the exact same thing twice.

Last edited:

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
How has the VS3235 been holding up?

Anyone had any issues yet? Still a bit concerned because it's a clone movement and even the genuine one needs replacement of parts every few years.

Bobi01

2/2/19

Anyone had any issues yet? Still a bit concerned because it's a clone movement and even the genuine one needs replacement of parts every few years.

I was also thinking like you,didnt want noob daytona because of clone so took arf,sold arf and took noob... took arf datejust sold it and now took vsf dj... i said fuck it i want best daytona and best datejust,if something happens ill repair or sell

Reactions: Akilles

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
I was also thinking like you,didnt want noob daytona because of clone so took arf,sold arf and took noob... took arf datejust sold it and now took vsf dj... i said fuck it i want best daytona and best datejust,if something happens ill repair or sell

Thats my only concern, since the updated VSF is ootb way better than ARF.
If it is possible to source a VS movement as cheap and easy as VR, I will order one. So there is not much risk if something goes wrong or breaks.

Otherwise for me right now ARF + replacing Crystal and DW is the better option, since the 2824 is more reliable and can easily be swapped for a Gen.

srhoque

28/11/18

Service the movement, you will get better reliability (and gives the watchmaker to look for any potential issues). Rolex clone movements have been produced for a while. Yes, the VS3235 is newly cloned but its a movement that has been on the market for a while, parts are widely available around. Buy with confidence

srhoque

28/11/18
Thats my only concern, since the updated VSF is ootb way better than ARF.
If it is possible to source a VS movement as cheap and easy as VR, I will order one. So there is not much risk if something goes wrong or breaks.

Otherwise for me right now ARF + replacing Crystal and DW is the better option, since the 2824 is more reliable and can easily be swapped for a Gen.

VS movement standalone should be available for sale, check with Rubberman (He had sourced a VS3135 for me before)

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
I'm with Robi01 here. I mean, if it breaks, get it repaired or buy a new movement or sell it. If it happens in 1 month or 15 years, who knows.

There is likely a better DJ version out there before it happens anyway that you want to buy :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevstah and Bobi01

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Ordered a smooth bezel, will do a comparison between the first batch and the latest batch. We will confirm or debunk the theory of the lugs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevstah

madmancloak

Certified
10/10/16
Australia
Is this after new year new batch or you ordered and recieved QC before chinese new year?

Ordered it just after CNY and it arrived a few days ago.
It was shipped just before they announced the smooth bezel. I might have preferred that but I’m happy with this for now.